Calipari says the game Tuesday vs UK is cancelled

2,906 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Divining Rod
wacarnolds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mncag
Once again it feels like the Texas A&M Administration is getting pushed around and run over. You can't tell me this isn't happening to other teams and everybody's playing or most everybody. I don't know who to point fingers at but there's two or three idiots involved in this and I hope they are exposed
bobinator
AG
What?
mncag
There's no reason to cancel these games and I want to know who's cancelling them
bobinator
AG
How do you know?
mikesyracuse1
From Calipari post game interview

"Yeah (we could add new games), but the gauntlet that these kids have just been through, I'm not sure we don't take a couple days and catch our breath," Calipari said. "Then try to play both A&M and South Carolina both that last week where we get three games. Play at Mississippi, then two home games before our conference tournament. That's what I'd like to do. These kids need a breath, come on. They've been through a gauntlet."
mikesyracuse1
Since A&M hasn't announced the cancellation/postponed yet.

https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/Article/Kentucky-basketball-game-Texas-AM-161229175/?fbclid=IwAR3lod_yONQvAY2O2X4J1O9HExfty5ZiSHH94s8xYH9oM7bNRGq21IZRUiY

Mikesyracuse1
MarcAg
AG
mncag said:

Once again it feels like the Texas A&M Administration is getting pushed around and run over. You can't tell me this isn't happening to other teams and everybody's playing or most everybody.

Baylor is going 3 weeks between games with 6 straight games postponed. And they clearly want to be playing.
mncag
So those are pretty high odd that this is only happening to this extreme level at a&m and Baylor I don't believe it. I don't think other schools are truly reporting right or wrong.
MarcAg
AG
mncag said:

So those are pretty high odd that this is only happening to this extreme level at a&m and Baylor I don't believe it. I don't think other schools are truly reporting right or wrong.

I'd be curious to know how many players and staff members caught it in the offseason. We won't ever know that. I'm sure a lot of people in programs across the country had it prior to the season.
W
AG
so after the first player tested positive --- the entire team did not go into quarantine?

seems strange that the postponements are lasting beyond 2 weeks
bobinator
AG
Officially toast
Mustang1
AG

LawHall88
AG
Serious Lee
never. lose. again
bobinator
AG
We're one game away from an undefeated February
wacarnolds
AG
bobinator said:

We're one game away from an undefeated February

Maroon Dawn
AG
Seriously just cancel the rest of this abortion of a season. Absolutely nothing to play for at this point
rwtxag83
AG
What happens if we win Saturday on the road, then come home and beat State? 3 game win streak heading into any make up games, or the SEC Tourney.

I don't know if that happens, but I think it's premature to say there's nothing to play for. Even if we go on a run in the SEC Tourney but flame out in the end, it will give us a momentum to build on in either the off season, or maybe the NIT.

We were playing the best ball of the season before all this. Not world beating ball, but very much improved on our weaknesses. Even Buzz says that and he doesn't usually say stuff like that.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Check the last 9 minutes of the LSU game. Not exactly the "best ball of the season."
rwtxag83
AG
I didn't say 'best ball of any team who is playing this season'. We clearly still have much to work on, but before the cold streak shooting in the time you mentioned, we looked damn good, and that's the first time in the entire season we looked like that.

Turnovers were single digits too, and we made LSU turn it over more than us.

LSU went to the line 11 more times than us and had 18 made FTs vs our 6. That was the exact total margin of victory.

We improved. If you want to focus only on the negative of cold shooting in the last 9 minutes, go for it, but you'll be missing out on the difference in the way we've been playing lately vs how we were before this.
Wicked Good Ag
We arent very good and having the entire month off away from the court as a collective group with extended protocoals doesnt lend itself to setting the college basketball scene on fire

Can we win our last two remaining games on current schedule? Sure

is it likely ? not at all

and of we do it isnt the top of the conference they are both hovering around .500 mark in conference

Will Buzz turn it around? I think so based upon his past performance but it aint happening this year at all and other than being a .500 conference team the last month of the season last year we havent looked like a program that has improved at all

I dont give a pass to Buzz on Covid as much as a lot of people do because every D1 team had the same situation and we even likely have it better than most d1 programs due to resources

That said I wont also say any coach sucks because of how a season in a middle of a pandemic turned out other wise we would have every single Blue Blood coach on the hot seat it seems this year

Sgt. Schultz
AG
Seriously, just cancel the rest of the Ags season. It doesn't matter at this point.
I know NOTHING!!!!
GoodAg21
We're bad, they know they're bad, and they have checked out anyways.
Divining Rod

just keep them away from our women's team!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.