SEC games played by team

2,814 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DTP02
DTP02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here are the total conf games played so far for each team at the end of today:
8- us

Most Aggies don't care all that much because they don't care about hoops that much, but our ability to put a team on the floor has been abysmal relative to our conference peers.
Amarillo Slim
AG
Could just be bad luck but this is eye opening!
"Real happiness comes not from getting what we desire; but celebrating what we have."
TMF
AG
Or they party like it's 1999.
greg.w.h
AG
In spite of masking and social distancing there are nearly 30 million tracked, positive-tested confirmed cases and likely 3-5 times as many unconfirmed. And 15 million vaccinated residents/citizens. The lower end is probably 105 million with direct natural or conferred immunity out of about 300 million. Upper end could be as high as 195 million. Conferred resistance if not immunity from previous coronaviruses could explain the high proportion of asymptomatic and low-moderate symptom cases. It's impossible to know for sure because the tooling for directly measuring via testing doesn't exist for T-cell memory or really even for related antibody presence.

Flatten the curve worked to mostly prevent overflowing medical care. New York and the border of Texas were exceptions to those successes and the New York circumstances were exacerbated by an executive order that allowed senior facilities to offload patients from hospitals in an effort to unburden hospitals and keep them functioning.

I don't think we could expect every team to master the protocols with zero failures. And therefore some teams will be outliers in avoiding exposure and in getting more exposure than the rest.

In addition: the year has been a beat down. The good news is cases have dropped precipitously since late January. There was s a possibility we are nearing the point where natural and conferred immunity starves out the virus if it doesn't mutate more.

Trying to saddle one team with extra reprobation and shame is not a healthy approach to the current circumstances. It's attempting to create a scapegoat. And one with zero faith or religious provenance. It's unworthy of us as well.

I'm fine with noting that something happened. But it's impossible to know how to judge that. Let me give an example.

If randomly three people test positive in a team of 1 and each of the three contact traces to five other on the team, then the whole team could be out. And the virus spread early without apparent rhyme or reason exactly that way. The masking and social distancing helps, but does not completely avoid exposure.

Our household (my wife and two sons) are working nearly daily with the public at warehouse clubs and grocery stores. As far as we know none have been exposed but significant numbers at the stores have been out. Not dissimilar from the example of one fifth of the team potentially testing positive all at once.

The clubs and stores have required contract traces to be tested and quarantine based on test results and it has taken out a significantly can't but not crippling proportion at various times. Other clubs have had bigger impacts and some have had smaller.

But our household interacts daily with typically two household members in essential roles serving the public on any given day and half the week three doing that. Whether we are blessed by God or just merely lucky, we haven't had a superspreader event in our own household.

I just don't get the intense desire to assign blame. Let this weird situation play out. The price for poor choices can be death or long-term crippling. Those are high enough stakes without adding additional shaming.

YMMV.
DTP02
AG
I had to skim that wall of text but our team is dealing with the same circumstances as every other team in the conference and has done a much worse job.

This year has presented unique challenges to players and coaches, but the A&M program doesn't seem to have done a very good job of preparing the team for the season or making sure it can put a team on the floor.

The numbers speak for themselves. You could chalk it up to randomness like you can take the view of a loss that relies on "if only the shots had gone in" or "of only that call hadn't gone against us."

When you are failing to put a team on the floor at a rate that far exceeds teams similarly situated, then instead of throwing up your hands and cursing bad luck, you need to look at discipline and process.
Method Man
No senior leadership. No interest in playing.
PatAg
AG
Blessing in disguise based on how we have played this year.
TxAg76
AG
Sumlin has lost control of our basketball cancellations....
Warsteiner
This is what happens when you don't double and triple mask!!!!!!
Get with it people!
Your killing memaw
buppy
Can the women play the rest of our schedule? Probably win more games than the men. Can certainly shoot better.
APHIS AG
Two more games on schedule. Might as well just forfeit and prepare for next year.

This season is done.
TyHolden
AG
our first undefeated February in history?
W
AG
in an alternate reality...

it would be interesting to see what the SEC would do with A&M...if the Ags' record were 6-2 instead of 2-6.

as far as seeding in the SEC tournament. Would have a bye based upon winning %.

I suppose the NCAA selection committee as well

Austin Ag
AG
DTP02 said:

Here are the total conf games played so far for each team at the end of today:
8- us

Most Aggies don't care all that much because they don't care about hoops that much, but our ability to put a team on the floor has been abysmal relative to our conference peers.
Aggies don't care about basketball? It was not long ago, this was the student line to get into Reed Arena for a big game:

Just win!
DTP02
AG
Right, we can care a lot about basketball under the right conditions. Typically, that has been when it's not football season and/or when the football team has been struggling, and when we have a really good team. And there hasn't been a lot of carryover from year to year when support has been good.

Inside to optimistically believe that A&M could become a school where we consistently cared a lot about basketball, if only we could sustain success for a long enough period of time. I don't believe that any more. I hope I get to see that lack of belief proven wrong.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.