Do we owe Kermit Davis an apology?

2,999 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Method Man
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What happened to standing by your guy?
greg.w.h
AG
SilverTongueDevil
Method Man said:

What happened to standing by your guy?
Kermit was cheating and had bad teams. If you are going to cheat at least put a winner on the floor.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
_lefraud_
AG
Team, not teams.

And he was a 30yr old coaching basketball ain Aggieland, making him an easy scapegoat for Aggie Athletics.

I'm almost going to let you in on a little secret, college athletics is dirty, and has been for decades.
Method Man
I for one am shocked!!!
CapCityAg89
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Team, not teams.

And he was a 30yr old coaching basketball ain Aggieland, making him an easy scapegoat for Aggie Athletics.

I'm almost going to let you in on a little secret, college athletics is dirty, and has been for decades.

Agree. Folks love Stansbury on here and he is far dirtier than Kermit. Of course most of it is about being the right kind of dirty.
SilverTongueDevil
_lefraud_ said:

Team, not teams.

ahhhh.... yes let me be specific and say he got into NCAA trouble and went 8-21 in his 1 season so an apology to him would be ridiculous to address OP's question.

I dont get the love of Kermit Davis. Have you ever looked at his overall record? He got off to a good start with Idaho in the late 80's and then didnt really do much of anything again until 2011 when he had a run of success. He's 47-38 at Ole Miss.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
Class of 65
AG
Kermit Davies came within a **** hair of getting A @ M the death penalty
BQ_90
AG
BAS65 said:

Kermit Davies came within a **** hair of getting A @ M the death penalty
No he didn't.
CapCityAg89
AG
BAS65 said:

tu hack Dallas Morning News reporters came within a **** hair of getting A @ M the death penalty

FIFY.
wtr1975
AG
No - he owes us one - you had to be there.
monarch
S
Not sure that I would apologize to or for Kermit in anyway; the guy got us in a lot of hot water at a time we didnt need it.
Peace for Ukraine!
MB19
AG
For you younger folks, context is important here. At the time Kermit Davis was in his one season as head coach, the NCAA damn near had a substation set up in the athletic department. We were under a lot of scrutiny. He wasn't doing anything different than anyone else, it's that we were completely in the NCAA cross hairs at the time. Once Jim Boeheim, that paragon of virtue, made the call to the NCAA, Davis was finished here.
expresswrittenconsent
MB19 said:

For you younger folks, context is important here. At the time Kermit Davis was in his one season as head coach, the NCAA damn near had a substation set up in the athletic department. We were under a lot of scrutiny. He wasn't doing anything different than anyone else, it's that we were completely in the NCAA cross hairs at the time. Once Jim Boeheim, that paragon of virtue, made the call to the NCAA, Davis was finished here.

The fan base was also sold a bunch of BS about how the basketball program screwing up was going to get the football team the death penalty.
DTP02
AG
MB19 said:

We were way too brazen and obvious with some of the guys we brought in. Davis was too young to learn subtlety and the importance of plausible deniability.
micahb2002
AG
We owe Melvin Watkins one, too. He just needed more time to get his players in his system.
Method Man
Jim Boeheim is a great coach but seems like a whiny *****.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.