Starks is playing well for CSU Northridge

1,998 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by mazag08
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Happy he found a home and is excelling. Wish it could have worked out here, but overall just happy for the guy.

bobinator
AG
Yeah, wish he could have found it here, no doubt the dude had some talent. When he was at his best he was one of the best ballhandlers we've had.

Hopefully he's put it together because he has a really high ceiling as a player.
wacarnolds
greg.w.h
AG
Sometimes a new beginning let's us reach for our dreams. Congrats, Mr. Starks. You tried to shoulder a heavy load here. Please remember it as a learning moment as you go forward. Thank you for representing us.
Tobias Funke
AG
You're welcome.
mdanyc03
AG
His problem here was he couldn't shoot. Looks like he's shooting much better. I always thought he was a hard worker so glad to see that he has apparently improved in that.
bobinator
AG
this is maybe a semantics difference, but I didn't think it was so much that he couldn't shoot as it was he took a lot of bad shots. Maybe that's the same thing, but to me it always seemed like when he was actually in rhythm he was a decent shooter.
wacarnolds
AG
"Let's do some overreacting to TJ's first 3 games" thread
mdanyc03
AG
When you shoot 22 pct on threes and 37 pct from the floor it is all of the above.

He was never a non shooter. Just a highly highly inefficient shooter
bobinator
AG
He was definitely awful at shooting twos. Decision making near the paint was even worse than Chandler's.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Gifted one-on-one player, but also a volume shooter who could easily slip into 'hero ball'. Those stats in those first three games don't surprise me at all, he logged stats in some games like that at A&M as well against, against competition of that ilk.

I really liked him as a player and had hoped he and Buzz would click, because he had a high ceiling if he had.
GrayMatter
AG
TJ was always going faster than he should have been going; he was out of control at times. He showed flashes of talent , but he was a part of the inconsistency issues that plagued BK's tenure here.
AggieEyes
AG
Dude torched UNC... he has some game.
rlb28
AG
bobinator said:

He was definitely awful at shooting twos. Decision making near the paint was even worse than Chandler's.
layups

btw... did anybody realize that JJ Chandler was blocked by the bottom of the backboard on a layup the other night. Never seen something like that before.
expresswrittenconsent
Sounds like Chandler. Was it an open breakaway layup or did he get hung up on a reverse layup btwn the backboard and a defender? The first I've also never seen, but the latter happens all the time.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
How did JJ look on his 3 point shots ?
rlb28
AG
2-6
mazag08
AG
rlb28 said:

bobinator said:

layups

btw... did anybody realize that JJ Chandler was blocked by the bottom of the backboard on a layup the other night. Never seen something like that before.

His legs move 3x faster than his brain. And his brain moves fast. When under control, JJ is good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.