HUGE change coming to college basketball this season

3,104 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Builder93
wacarnolds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Wonder if the SEC follows...

..... suit

monarch
S
Not that big a deal to me
Peace for Ukraine!
TexAgs1992
Eric Musselman never wears a suit.
bobinator
AG
I like the suit. Too many college basketball coaches act like clowns on the sidelines so it at least brings a touch of professionalism.
MarcAg
AG
Buzz doesn't strike me as a polo shirt kind of guy, but I could be wrong. Its either t-shirts tucked into his athletic shorts or 3 piece suits (vest to soak up a fraction of the sweat).
TXAggie2011
AG
Will each team's 29 super duper important, always well dressed graduate assistants continue to wear suits, though?
greg.w.h
AG
I remember when working down in the Clear Lake City area the tradition of required dress code for men was loosened to eliminate ties. Easier to sleep through bad meetings after that...
BQ_90
AG
Well the CDC is floating that 14 day quarantine isn't working so they may roll that back to 7-10 days. If schools and conferences can adapt you nigh get the season in now
Broncos
I like tucked in t-shirt Buzz.
AggieOO
should be mandatory tuxedos!
monarch
S
If you're coaching a basketball team, dress like they do.
Peace for Ukraine!
JJxvi
AG
Are you suggesting coaching in player uniforms like baseball?
DTP02
AG
I've always been disgusted by postgame hugs between guys in suits and sweaty basketball players.
LawHall88
AG
JJxvi said:

Are you suggesting coaching in player uniforms like baseball?
I think they should dress like the school's mascot.
gigem70
AG
But what will the coach throw onto the court when he strongly disagrees with a call?
rwtxag83
AG
I like the suit. Very professional. Very classy. It's part of showing how much importance you place on your own performance as a coach.

You are representing the school and it's good to have that be commensurate with a high level.
expresswrittenconsent
rwtxag83 said:

I like the suit. Very professional. Very classy. It's part of showing how much importance you place on your own performance as a coach.

You are representing the school and it's good to have that be commensurate with a high level.

But it only shows "class/professionalism/respect" for basketball coaches. Football and baseball coaches show "class/professionalism/respect" by not wearing suits and instead wearing caps and visors. I for one am glad we have such classy coaches in all 3 sports who understand that their outfits are key to the respect and professionalism they show the job.
DukeMu
bobinator said:

I like the suit. Too many college basketball coaches act like clowns on the sidelines so it at least brings a touch of professionalism.

Don't forget the sweater: Bobby Knight, Rollie Massimino, Carnesecca, Thompson, Majerus, Roy Williams, Pete Carril, etc.
agfan1030
bobinator said:

...a touch of professionalism to clowning.
Traveler
AG
Buzz Williams' Dry-Cleaning guy hardest hit ....
SW AG80
AG
Forget which game last year, but Buzz changed at halftime and came out in slacks and a long sleeve A&M shirt. So suits are optional in the SEC.
LawHall88
AG
SW AG80 said:

Forget which game last year, but Buzz changed at halftime and came out in slacks and a long sleeve A&M shirt. So suits are optional in the SEC.
As much as Buzz sweats, I hope he pounds some salt tablets at halftime.
Builder93
AG
It's true that everyone in a suit is better than a person not in a suit. I think I'm going to require all of my construction workers to wear suits. Lets everyone know we're professionals.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.