The Carushow Last Night

8,181 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DukeMu
ColoradoMooseHerd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wacarnolds said:

It warms my heart that just as a bunch of idiots in our fanbase decided to fake hate Alex, he turned into the GOAT's GOAT teammate

Someone needs to post this article so we all can read
bobinator
AG
Or you could pay one dollar to read it.
eb93
AG
Carushow dealing on both ends of the deck
bert harbinson
AG
I hate to root for anything Lakers, but damn...gotta root for Alex.
greg.w.h
AG
Three paragraphs:

'The Wall Street Journal's analysis included hundreds of players who shared the floor with James for significant time in a season since the NBA began tracking lineup data. Caruso was on the court with James for 560 minutesfewer than James played with other teammates but enough that the effects were not a statistical fluke.

The numbers were hard for Lakers coach Frank Vogel to ignore. Here is how their net rating with Caruso and James compared with his most dominant seasons with other teammates:

Alex Caruso (2020): +18.6
Dwyane Wade (2013): +14.4
Chris Bosh (2013): +12.8
Kevin Love (2016): +11.7
Kyrie Irving (2015): +11.6

Caruso was surprised by this. He was also curious. He wanted to know who else was high on the list. As it turned out, James's champi-onship teams were at their best when he shared the floor with Shane Battier, Mario Chalmers and Matthew Dellavedova, similarly unsung players who became valuable by embracing their roles. "That's pretty good company," Caruso said.'

rlb28
AG
Pumpkinhead
AG
bert harbinson said:

About 5 years ago, there was a long thread on this board with discussion of Caruso's chances of being on an NBA roster, and the majority opinion seemed to be 'No chance in hell'.

Now, last night, I was watching the Los Angeles Lakers playing a Western Conference Finals game, and it was Alex Caruso on the floor for the Lakers (along with LeBron James and Anthony Davis) in the closing seconds taking a 3-pointer with about 5 seconds left trying to make the game winning shot. Which he missed, leading to Anthony Davis making it instead 5 seconds later, but the guy is out there as a significant role player (and in their 'closers' lineup) on a team that is the favorite to win the NBA title. Quite a story how far Alex has come.
DukeMu
Pumpkinhead said:

bert harbinson said:

About 5 years ago, there was a long thread on this board with discussion of Caruso's chances of being on an NBA roster, and the majority opinion seemed to be 'No chance in hell'.

Now, last night, I was watching the Los Angeles Lakers playing a Western Conference Finals game, and it was Alex Caruso on the floor for the Lakers (along with LeBron James and Anthony Davis) in the closing seconds taking a 3-pointer with about 5 seconds left trying to make the game winning shot. Which he missed, leading to Anthony Davis making it instead 5 seconds later, but the guy is out there as a significant role player (and in their 'closers' lineup) on a team that is the favorite to win the NBA title. Quite a story how far Alex has come.

Nothing but pride for any Consol parent or booster. Alex took the hard road post-A&M, developed his outside shot to go along with his defense, passing, dribble drive, sneaky athleticism, court awareness and leveraged the brand new 2-way contracts FTW...now he's 1 win away from the NBA Finals.
wacarnolds
AG
Going to the chip!
Pumpkinhead
AG
Is Caruso going to be the first former Aggie player to play in an NBA Finals?
wacarnolds
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Is Caruso going to be the first former Aggie player to play in an NBA Finals?

Walt Davis won a title with the Philadelphia Warriors in 1956

Brooks Thompson lost in 95 to the Dream as part of Shaq's Orlando Magic
wacarnolds
AG
Brooks didn't actually play in the finals, so Caruso would be the 2nd to step on the court.

And Walt scored 12 points over 5 games, so Caruso has a good shot at being the Ag's all time leading scoring in finals history by the time his career is over
LawHall88
AG
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/alex-caruso-lakers-bench-lebron-james/1txktdib7g2731xrp0jmetr563?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Anchorhold
I love the respect Alex is getting in that article, but Acie is the greatest point guard in Texas A&M history.
BeeringAintEasy
AG
Caruso coming in hot tonight!
ctag76
AG
Tuned in last night. Thought I might watch the finals. Saw them kneel, including Caruso. Turned it off.
"But there's a spirit can ne'er be told ... It's the spirit of Aggieland."
rlb28
AG
great story brah
expresswrittenconsent
It started after your bedtime anyway, gramps.
GrayMatter
AG
ctag76 said:

Tuned in last night. Thought I might watch the finals. Saw them kneel, including Caruso. Turned it off.
lol you know you tuned in to watch an NBA game in the bubble, right?

GrayMatter
AG
and because we're talking about Caruso....

Maybe a few of us knew he belonged in the NBA, but I'm not sure there's one person in here who thought we'd see him getting significant minutes in an NBA Final.

greg.w.h
AG
GrayMatter said:

and because we're talking about Caruso....

Maybe a few of us knew he belonged in the NBA, but I'm not sure there's one person in here who thought we'd see him getting significant minutes in an NBA Final.

That's good stuff!! Gig'em Ag!!
Pumpkinhead
AG
wacarnolds said:

Brooks didn't actually play in the finals, so Caruso would be the 2nd to step on the court.

And Walt scored 12 points over 5 games, so Caruso has a good shot at being the Ag's all time leading scoring in finals history by the time his career is over
Caruso with 10 points in Game 1 last night. Looking good to soon be the Ag's all time leading scorer in NBA Finals history.
wacarnolds
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

wacarnolds said:

Caruso with 10 points in Game 1 last night. Looking good to soon be the Ag's all time leading scorer in NBA Finals history.

We're gonna need a graphic similar to this for Alex by the end of the series

DukeMu
Pumpkinhead said:

wacarnolds said:

Looked awesome. Just 2 games away from a championship ring!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.