Bravery

2,187 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TXAggie2011
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
[This forum is for A&M basketball discussion. Thank you. -Staff]
wacarnolds
AG
Good for him. What does this have to do with A&M basketball?
Gap
AG
wacarnolds said:

What does this have to do with A&M basketball?
Key word searches:

NCAA

declare support publicly
face consequences
bravery

litmus test
play a game you love
team meeting
political differences
screened by your teammates
wacarnolds
AG
You're really weird. Take this **** elsewhere
Gap
AG
wacarnolds said:

You came here to spam and insult not converse about the issues and implications our team will face.

Mute activated.
TXAggie2011
AG
Gap said:

wacarnolds said:

You came here to spam and insult not converse about the issues and implications our team will face.

Mute activated.

Nah. He's right. You came here to be mad again about perceived persecution of view points and kneeling and and that's not really Aggie basketball related.

By all means, if the A&M basketball team chooses to kneel and a player chooses not too, and there's evidence he was given a hard time about it, then start another thread.
TXAggie2011
AG
By the way, I'm not sure you got the story correct. No one has said, that I've seen, Isaac had to call a team meeting and explain himself.

Everything I've seen says the team had a meeting at large to discuss how it was going to handle the issue, at which Isaac chose to speak tell them he wouldn't be joining them.

And at least publicly, it sounds like the team 100% respected his personal decision.

You seemed to have had to assume a whole lot about this story to make your postwhich should have clued you in this isn't really the right place for this thread.
Uncle Jimbo
So, it's only bravery when it's a stance you agree with?

Or is it bravery when you go against the crowd?

I assume you lauded Kaepernick when he was all alone in his actions? Shareef Abdur-Rahim?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Uncle Jimbo said:

So, it's only bravery when it's a stance you agree with?

Or is it bravery when you go against the crowd?

I assume you lauded Kaepernick when he was all alone in his actions? Shareef Abdur-Rahim?
Method Man
Everything has become an ass whip.
GrayMatter
AG
Should be in the NBA forum, at the very least.
Gap
AG
The choice to conform and bend the knee or make waves is coming to our basketball team; all college teams that allow political slogans on their jerseys. Is it a choice that should have to be made to play a sport?
LawHall88
AG
Popovich stood for the Anthem last night. Is he a brave hero too?
greg.w.h
AG
NBA controls the messaging.

" NBA ensures Butler changes jersey
Miami All-Star Jimmy Butler wanted to leave the back of his jersey blank and even though that wasn't an approved option for players wishing to put a message on the back of their jerseys.

Butler tried to start Saturday's game against Denver with no message or name listed on his jersey, but league officials made him change into jersey that had his name on it before the game.

Butler wanted a blank jersey to a be representation that society gives him name value because of his ability on the basketball court but without the jersey he is a representation of every person who looks like him and until everyone has equal value, no one does. "

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2020/08/01/nba-live-updates-news-scores-bubble-basketball-underway-disney/5560327002/
TXAggie2011
AG
Gap said:

The choice to conform and bend the knee or make waves is coming to our basketball team; all college teams that allow political slogans on their jerseys. Is it a choice that should have to be made to play a sport?
I just feel like we can wait until we have evidence of some issue concerning an A&M basketball player before we start making metaphors to unions and all that. And as I said, I'm not sure you've reported this story correctly, anyways.

Bending the facts to talk about hypothetical future persecution just feels very Politics Forum to me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.