Texas Aggie Basketball scrapbook from 1959-1960 season

1,350 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by LaurAg
Stretch75
How long do you want to ignore this user?

My dad (Class of '52) was a lifelong fan of Texas Aggie basketball. He compiled a scrapbook of newspaper and magazine clippings during the 1959-60 Aggie basketball season. I have listed it on ebay if you are interested in taking a look at it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/SCRAPBOOK-1959-1960-Texas-A-M-Aggie-Basketball-Southwest-Conference-SWC/233662714983
wacarnolds
alamoaggie64
AG
That's great. We had some good teams in those days and they were always fun to watch. Rogers stayed for three more years and then Shelby took over in 1963-64. The fun really started then.

G. Rollie was great place, and the yell leaders kept the crowd in it the entire game.
alamoaggie64
Pumpkinhead
AG
Did anyone else hear the Hoosiers movie theme song playing in their head while looking at that scrapbook?
EXCELL
Bob Rogers was arguably the best coach ever at Texas A&M. He was superb and Shelby was his understudy.
We used to have a post-game gathering at Bob's house after every home game. It's where I came to know and love Shelby.

Fond memories of bygone days.
LaurAg
My Dad was class of '52, Stretch,,,,,

Laura
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.