A shame we didn't get to finish out basketball season

4,070 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by hunter2012
Lance Uppercut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kind of a "dear diary" entry, but with no sports to talk about, thought I'd think out loud.

Last year's team ended up being a lot of fun. Things looked so bleak starting out the year, and the team really came together by the end of the regular season. Wish we could have seen them play a few more games in the tournament to see what would have happened.

My favorite part of it was that they out-toughed other teams. They were tenacious and physical enough that you could actually see the opposition give up in a few games.

The last few weeks of the season weeks had games that had my big *** leaping off the couch shouting, banging on things and fist pumping. It was fun watching a team play like that, everything you could like about sports. I was ready to suit up....I take up some space and can take a charge for some socks if needed.

Anyway, the season ended so suddenly and unceremoniously that I was wondering if there was any kind of highlights, and it looks like there is a video for the 2019-2020 team if you haven't seen it.

txag10
AG
94chem
Reminded me a lot of BCG's first team.
greg.w.h
AG
Tobias Funke
AG
It really was an astounding turnaround. I'm so excited for the next few years
AggieTFA06
AG
Hope to see this basketball team improve. Excited to see what Buzz will do.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Aston04
AG
txag10 said:

great highlight tape! What a turnaround season.
halfastros81
AG
Wholeheartedly agree with OP. Seeing the light come on was fun to watch.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
It was great to see a huge improvement in Buzz Williams' first season. In 2018-2019, the basketball team went 14-18 and 6-12 (0.333) in regular season SEC games. Their only win in the SEC tournament was a 69-52 rout over the Vanderbilt Commodores, who finished 0-18 in SEC games. This year, they had gone 16-14 and 10-8 (0.556) in SEC games. I am excited to see how far Buzz can take us in a future March Madness tournament.
Method Man
The season ended in a big win. That was nice.
rwtxag83
AG
Auburn game was the shizzle. We absolutely took it to them at their place on Senior night, to a very good team who had a lot to play for.

After this game I started thinking we could beat anybody in the tournament, and actually had a very real chance to win the SEC Tourney.
miller0926
AG
We had 2 good, gritty Q1 road wins over Tennessee and Bama. That Auburn win was an incredible win. They were on like a 20-game home winning streak dating back to last year and were a projected 4-seed in the dance.
jeremy
AG
I wish we could get all of the pre-game photos on one thread. Those were hilarious!
Stoopkid
AG
Such a fun season and a fun team to cheer for. Definitely some ups and downs, but they made so much progress in such a short amount of time. It was truly incredible to watch. I'm really excited to see where our program goes from here.

Also, those videos made me realize how much we're gonna miss Chuck and Nebo. They were great leaders on the team this year.
Complete Idiot
Totally with you, OP. It was a bumpy, wild ride but a ride that got real fun at the end. Wanted to stay on.
Complete Idiot
Auburn game thread. https://texags.com/forums/7/topics/3097976

I should go read the Conference Predictions thread, or some other threads that got posted on periodically throughout the season. Relive it a bit, it's unfortunately been somewhat erased from my brain due to everything that has happened since.
jvanbeek
AG
We have the perfect excuse for missing the Big Dance. There wasn't one!
Jim VanBeek '85, '99
Maroon Dawn
AG
I'm ready for our teams to stop being "fun to watch" and instead "actually win games"
bobinator
AG
This is a weird take since we finished conference play with a winning record AND we were borderline unwatchable for a big chunk of the season.
hunter2012
AG
What was amazing was watching us brick shot after shot and look up in the final minute and we'd be up by 5. We weren't just scrapping, we were dumpster diving and winning at it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.