LSU NCAA violations? Will they affect us?

8,215 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by swc93
vander54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
expresswrittenconsent
In what way would they impact us?
vander54
S
expresswrittenconsent said:

Recruits, transfers, easy win, etc.
MarcAg
AG
They probably get slapped on the wrist, right? That's what happens 99% of the time
bobinator
AG
FWIW several reporters are saying that isn't true.

Even when it does happen though I'm going to be pretty surprised if anything major happens.
expresswrittenconsent
vander54 said:

expresswrittenconsent said:

Recruits, transfers, easy win, etc.

Not significantly.
BQ_90
AG
They had team vote, no sanctions found
Hop
Staff
AG
LSU is still cleaning up in recruiting. I won't believe the NCAA will hold them accountable until I see it.
bobinator
AG
I still don't really understand why this particular case is so complex. They either have the tape or they don't right?
AggieTFA06
AG
Hop said:

LSU is still cleaning up in recruiting. I won't believe the NCAA will hold them accountable until I see it.
I know I don't see eye to eye with Hop a lot, but I actually agree on this one. Here is my blue star to Hop.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
misterguinness
AG
RIP Louisiana Tech
2+2=5
Aston04
AG
Their coach- who made a "strong a** offer" on tape is still their coach over a year later. That's all you need to know. At best they are getting a slap on the wrist.
bobinator
AG
Wow, pretty big penalty for Oklahoma State
MarcAg
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah that postseason ban is huge. They loaded up for next year with Cunningham and now are going to get nothing from it.
mikesyracuse1
MarcAg said:

bobinator said:

Yeah that postseason ban is huge. They loaded up for next year with Cunningham and now are going to get nothing from it.

I would think he will leave now and try to get a waiver to play immediately.

Mike Syracuse 1
MarcAg
AG
I imagine he goes G League and gets some money
mikesyracuse1
He definitely has that option if he decides to leave. His brother is on the OSU staff, so there is an added wrinkle.

Mike Syracuse 1
MarcAg
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

He definitely has that option if he decides to leave. His brother is on the OSU staff, so there is an added wrinkle.

Mike Syracuse 1

Yeah but that entire staff might not survive this. They might clean house.
BQ_90
AG
misterguinness said:

RIP Louisiana Tech
They took out mighty SFA, all is good now
greg.w.h
AG
BQ_90 said:

misterguinness said:

RIP Louisiana Tech
They took out mighty SFA, all is good now
The NCAA itself has one significant source of revenue. Every decision they make likely is chosen in order to appear to be doing something while not endangering the Men's National Championship Basketball Tournsment.
mdanyc03
AG
LSU will get clobbered.
MarcAg
AG
mdanyc03 said:

LSU will get clobbered.
Kansas might get it the worse. I think they had the most violations out of the group of teams.
mdanyc03
AG
Oh I agree. I think people tend to think that the NCAA doesn't want to punish big teams. I don't think that is usually the case (there are clearly some exceptional cases of .... successful lobbying).

The ncaa's problem is always collecting evidence. When schools just lawyer up and nobody will talk, it is hard for them to pin down. But when the fbi does all the work for you it is pretty easy.

bobinator
AG
Yeah Kansas is facing down like five level one violations.
zooguy96
And Kansas will walk away with a slap on the wrist. Just like UNC. Just like Duke.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
MarcAg
AG
I don't think so. I think they just set a precedence with okie st. If they give Kansas less than what okie st got then the national media is going to be all over this. Because it's clearly been noted Kansas had more wrong doing.
BrandoC
AG
I just want to know what in the heck is getting handed to them. Few people saying things but nothing has actually been said........
AgEfan
BrandoC said:

I just want to know what in the heck is getting handed to them. Few people saying things but nothing has actually been said........

I mean up above it says postseason ban, so that's something actually said. They got banned from postseason this coming year. The like 3 years of scholarship reductions.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Okie State is appealing the decision. How long does an appeal like that typically take to run its course?
mdanyc03
AG
mikesyracuse1
Pumpkinhead said:

Okie State is appealing the decision. How long does an appeal like that typically take to run its course?

In typical NCAA fashion, they will wait to see if they are going to make the tournament and then finish the appeal right beforehand for added shock value. They are so inconsistent!

Mike Syracuse 1
Ol Jock 99
AG
In times like these, I like to remind people that UNC had fake classes with real grade for years and years, and weren't punished with anything stiffer than a "naughty naughty, don't do that."
Proposition Joe
MarcAg said:

I don't think so. I think they just set a precedence with okie st. If they give Kansas less than what okie st got then the national media is going to be all over this. Because it's clearly been noted Kansas had more wrong doing.

Oklahoma State's ban isn't even on the ESPN frontpage anymore. It likely won't be on the ESPN CBB frontpage by mid-week.

With The Athletic laying off the majority of their staff, there is no national media to hold anyone's feet to the flame.
MarcAg
AG
It's okie st. Nobody gives a crap. If it's Kansas it's a much much bigger story.
MarcAg
AG
The athletic wrote a story today about it. Saying Kansas is likely in big trouble because they didn't cooperate with NCAA like okie st did.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.