former basketball player

3,569 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by NewArmy69
WR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Does anyone remember Carroll Broussard? I was in high school and went to watch several games. When I could not go, I listened on the radio. He was a great player. He was and still is a great favorite of mine.
dog
AG
WR said:

Does anyone remember Carroll Broussard? I was in high school and went to watch several games. When I could not go, I listened on the radio. He was a great player. He was and still is a great favorite of mine.
Remember him in early 60's.

Indeed a good player.

dog
SA-AG72
AG
He was on the '61-'62 team with Bennie Lenox, another Aggie great.
wlc61
AG
One of my all time favorites. Good deep or posted up.
wlc61
Stone44
AG
I loved listening to those games on the radio back in the day living in Dallas. You only got one SWC game a week on Saturday afternoon.
TXAG65
AG
I was a freshman in 61 - 62 and saw most of the home games that year. Remember that his shots had a very pronounced spin on the ball.
68RebelE
AG
My fish year in '64, it was a favorite question screamed at us by the pissheads "who was Carol Broussard"? We had no idea who she was & how did that relate to our Aggie indoctrination. It took a couple of days to figure out it was a trick question. I'm sure we asked it the next year as pissheads.
alamoaggie64
AG
Of course. He was '62 and a helluva center. After he left, we had another center from Pt. Arthur named Bill Robbinett. Bill was '64 All-SWC and smart as hell.
alamoaggie64
alamoaggie64
AG
"I was a freshman in 61 - 62 and saw most of the home games that year."

You were trained well! Remember how we would fill up G. Rollie every game. fish would go early to see fish game and then came upperclassmen. Then for a fish, it was a long walk back to the dorm with pissheads on your butt.
alamoaggie64
Coach 64
AG
Carroll was absolutely great, especially against the Sips and even
more so in Austin. He scored 37 in Austin one night, they simply
couldn't stop him. His jumper from the foul line extended was
deadly. He wasn't a center....he was a 6' 5" forward. An All time
Aggie great
dog
AG
Where was he from?
dog
Coach 64
AG
Carroll played at Port Arthur..a couple of years ahead of Bill Robinette.
NewArmy69
AG
He had a potent hook shot! Listened to Aggie Basketball on KRLD radio with Mike Mistovich announcing back then!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.