Mac McClung Transferring From Georgetown

5,913 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BarryProfit
mikesyracuse1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've enjoyed watching him play the last two seasons. He's a scorer with an edge. He had declared for the draft and just pulled his name out and immediately entered the transfer portal. Patrick Ewing found out of this change through the media.

He's from Virginia and Buzz is familiar with him. A&M is in the early mix along with 5 other SEC schools.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Mac-McClung-Georgetown-Transfer-Basketball-147127366/

Mike Syracuse 1
MarcAg
AG
Our staff reaches out to everyone it seems like just to kick the tires.

Mac's dad player football at VT. If I recall correctly Buzz wasn't that interested in him. It was big talk among VT fans that they viewed it as Buzz wasn't interested. Fans are often wrong so they might have been wrong about Buzz not being that interested. And also doesn't mean If it was true that Buzz couldn't change his mind.
MarcAg
AG
Did a quick google search

https://www.thekeyplay.com/content/2019/january/12/anyone-else-worried-about-mac-mcclung

https://virginiatech.sportswar.com/mid/10953559/board/vtbasketball/

Some mentioning of Buzz not thinking he was an "OKG" (our kind of guy).
Method Man
He probably wants to go somewhere where he can star so he can go pro. This is a paycheck season for him so I'm skeptical we push too hard. He's very good and I wouldn't be upset at all if he was an Ag.
PatAg
AG
red flags, everywhere
Coward Jimbo
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CALwuS0hw2r
I don't know about the account so take this for what it's worth
MarcAg
AG
That account also posted about Landers Nolley transferring from VT and we weren't even a player in that.
Aggie09Derek
AG
That account is run by the same kid as AggiesToday that texags has had all sorts of issues with.
AggieEyes
AG
We could run the offense thru him however he would need to be more of a team player than I think he would like to be. He would definitely infuse more excitement into the program.
LawHall88
AG
Texas A&M
BYU could have a nice team next year...
Pumpkinhead
AG
Apparently wants to play more PG with keys to the offense. Which of those teams on his final list have the biggest hole at the PG position?
mikesyracuse1
Pumpkinhead said:

Apparently wants to play more PG with keys to the offense. Which of those teams on his final list have the biggest hole at the PG position?

Auburn had a 5 star PG Cooper coming in, so that's not exactly a hole, but I think they still have a shot st him.

Mike Syracuse1
LawHall88
AG
The hits just keep on coming for Patrick Ewing.
mazag08
AG
Poor guys has to suffer from the feeling of bad allergies for a couple days. The horror!
Aggie09Derek
AG
mazag08 said:

Poor guys has to suffer from the feeling of bad allergies for a couple days. The horror!
Pumpkinhead
AG
LawHall88 said:

He's 57 and a really big guy carrying a lot of weight, hopefully him being hospitalized is just them being extra careful.
mikesyracuse1
Pumpkinhead said:

LawHall88 said:

He's 57 and a really big guy carrying a lot of weight, hopefully him being hospitalized is just them being extra careful.

He's out of the hospital and back home today.

Mike Syracuse 1
Method Man
Method Man
mazag08 said:

Mazag was right.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Method Man said:

mazag08 said:

Mazag was right.
How does that make him right?
mdanyc03
AG
One time I didn't wear my seatbelt and I didn't die. Therefore wearing a seatbelt is stupid.
MarcAg
AG
He chose Tech
BarryProfit
Wow, he will be very good in Beard's offense.
MarcAg
AG
BarryProfit said:

Wow, he will be very good in Beard's offense.
But not a great fit in Beard's defense.
mikesyracuse1
That's a good place for him to play under Beard. A great match for both of them.

McClung will do very well for Beard, that is a big get for him. He has done well mixing in transfers and JC guys.

Mike Syracuse1
BarryProfit
Listed at 6-foot-2, 186 pounds by Georgetown, McClung plays as a "combo guard" and is capable of handling the ball, creating opportunities for his teammates and also finding his own shot. In Texas Tech's motion offense it is critical to have multiple ball handlers and McClung joins a backcourt that will include junior Kyler Edwards, five-star freshman Nimari Burnett and sophomore Clarence Nadolny. Wichita State transfer Jamarius Burton plans to redshirt this coming season but will have two years of eligibility starting with the 2021-22 campaign.

Also capable of playing either guard or forward are four-star freshman Micah Peavy, sophomore TJ Shannon, four-star freshman Chibuzo Agbo, junior Avery Benson and sophomore Kevin McCullar.

Rounding out the rest of the roster are sophomore Joel Ntambwe, VCU transfer senior Marcus Santos-Silva, Clarendon College junior Esahia Nyiwe and redshirt freshman Tyreek Smith.
miller0926
AG
He would have to redshirt too though, right?
mikesyracuse1
miller0926 said:

He'll apply for a waiver and then wait for a decision in the most inconsistent sham of a process by the NCAA.

Mike Syracuse 1
phorizt
Tech's PG just announced the other day that he's leaving a year early to go play pro ball in Italy so they have an opening there.
BarryProfit
mikesyracuse1 said:

miller0926 said:

He'll apply for a waiver and then wait for a decision in the most inconsistent sham of a process by the NCAA.

Mike Syracuse 1

Yep - he needs the waiver but for whatever reason Tech thinks he'll get it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.