Aggie Hoops 2020-2021

4,040 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Serious Lee
Im The One Who Knocks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Long time Aggie hoops guy who spent my teenage years following BCG/Turge squads in my HS years to March Madness in Jacksonville, Lexington, Philly, LA (3x), SA, etc.. point is I remember Keith Bean led '04 aggies that were 0-16 in B12 when Acie was frosh up until now and rarely ever missed a game..

Buzz was the man back in OG BCG days but he's come back and built his position-less brand in a year when I thought it might take 2-4 years..

I don't subscribe to BAS but I've felt the burn of Aggie fools gold too. Buzz is not that. He still is way short on high major talent but what he accomplished in SEC play to win as many games as we have since BK had the Aggie goat (AC) + JJ & TD, DJ & AG is outstanding especially considering the SEC now has like 12 big time coaches... sad to see Nebo go because he was like Joe Jones toughness in paint but Marfo seems to be real deal after my 3 hour YouTube amateur analysis. Check this.. buzz rolls into Y2 with no NBA talent but I think is tourney team with health if Marfo & at least one freshman can play.. assume he gets another grad/JC point guard or post too..

Top 6 guys: assume QJax or Jay Jay is 6th man..

Gordon - Buzz guy and combo guard who can be PG
Jackson - Wish he shot better but best slasher in years
Chandler - Energy guy but knack for toughness
Flagg - Kellen Mond in a basketball jersey
Miller - Energy guy but see him on David Loubeau development arc at worst.. got some Pompey in him
Marfo - Hopefully at least as active as Nebo

Yeezy, Aku + McNeilly, Diarra, Bradford & Hefner

Yeezy has game but still raw. Think he'll eventually be good. Aku is raw but is a piece at size. If any of 4 FR guards can shoot or run PG then should be in rotation.

Hope Buzz gets a vet true PG and/or a true shooter at wing in grad/JC pool then I think this is a tourney team and has upside rolling into Y3 if Buzz can get an elite stretch big or two to replace Flagg/Marfo leaving..

This team at one point early in SEC play was bottom 10 in nation (out of 350+ teams) & def worst in SEC at FG/3pt/FT % and he still won. In late January we didnt have a single guy shooting over 28% from 3 and only Nebo producing from FG at respectable rate. Imagine if QJax develops a jumper, Gordon settles in, Flagg has resurgence, Miller gains confidence & poise, Jay Jay hits shots as senior, Marfo is plug n play and 1+ of FR group is ready for the lights. **** could get real very quick... Aggies play in a F4 before we reach CFP. Bank.
Hop
Staff
AG
Jackson is going to be one of the top players in the starting lineup. He was one of our best all-around ballers the last 2-3 weeks of the season. I love his defense and he was starting to create on offense down the stretch.

Gordon can play the point if needed, but I wouldn't pencil him in as the primary guy. We really need Diarra to quickly adjust to the college game because he has the potential to be our best asset running the offense.
MarcAg
AG
I think Jackson and McNeilly are the guys this team rides next year. The great thing is they have a lot of guys thought with talent so you will see a lot of nights when one of 7 or 8 guys steps up and has a big game and the next game it will be somebody else.

I'm very comfortable with McNeilly running our offense if Diarra isn't ready and we need him to.
Method Man
I know nothing of McNeilly
MarcAg
AG
Method Man said:

Canadian. Canadian invented basketball. All you need to know.
MarcAg
AG
And don't bring up Michael Schmidt
Know Your Enemy
AG
Method Man said:

MarcAg thinks he's the second coming of Michael Jordan apparently.
Method Man
MarcAg said:

I disliked Schmidt. He strutted about like he was cock of the walk but he was cock of nothing.
MarcAg
AG
Method Man said:

MarcAg said:

I disliked Schmidt. He strutted about like he was cock of the walk but he was cock of nothing.
That's why I said don't bring him up. He doesn't count
Method Man
Pompey: Canadian.
MarcAg
AG
Junkhead said:

Method Man said:

MarcAg thinks he's the second coming of Michael Jordan apparently.

No. Jordan didn't pass much in college. I think McNeilly could lead the Ags in assists.
Aston04
AG
From practice reports- McNeilly adds much needed shooting out there.
Isaih Smollett
Will fans be allowed to attend?
Wearamaskaggie
AG
Jackson was getting very good at driving the lane for fouls and athletic finishes around the rim down the stretch of the season.
Method Man
Ajm1115 said:

Jackson was getting very good at driving the lane for fouls and athletic finishes around the rim down the stretch of the season.

Was passing very well and took a game winning charge.
MarcAg
AG
And makes his free throws.
Method Man
He certainly wouldn't airball an important FT in the closing moments of a game.
Serious Lee
jackson made me look really stupid when i told a friend mid-season that he was more athlete, less baller than what we need.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.