Caldwell Transferring From UNM

3,911 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Not_Sure
Hop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
A very talented basketball player, but he's now on team No. 3.
greg.w.h
AG
https://www.abqjournal.com/1410827/unm-lifts-campus-ban-on-lobo-point-guard-j-j-caldwell.html
czar_iv
AG
https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerque-metro/battery-charges-against-lobo-basketball-player-dropped/
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
CDub06
AG
Came here to post just that. I follow ABQ news on Twitter and saw a familiar face pop up this morning.
CapCityAg89
AG
I feel bad for the kid, but DAMN, wake up!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Better be careful what you say about kids who are on their 3rd team
Method Man
Mitchell and Marfo
halfastros81
AG
The reasons for the transfers do matter. In Marfo's case... he graduated and reportedly had over 40 grad transfer options.
fatdad84ag
AG
Maybe he finally found out Walter White was dead.
Hop
Staff
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

To give the full picture in fairness to the kid, but he said the accusations were false. The DA's office dropped the case and would not prosecute. Still, the athletic department would not remove the suspension and missed the rest of the season. Then, the university removed their suspension and said he was in good standing. Sill, the AD would not remove the suspension. So Caldwell really had no other options to be honest.
pantherag
AG
Hop said:

CapCityAg89 said:

To give the full picture in fairness to the kid, but he said the accusations were false. The DA's office dropped the case and would not prosecute. Still, the athletic department would not remove the suspension and missed the rest of the season. Then, the university removed their suspension and said he was in good standing. Sill, the AD would not remove the suspension. So Caldwell really had no other options to be honest.

Sounds like a very familiar situation with one our football players last year.
greg.w.h
AG
The Title IX Desr Colleague letter by the Obama DOE started this mess. Probably a good thing there is about to be a shake out of colleges and universities like never been seen before.

Not sure intercollegiate sports survive intact. Which...given they are the means of coercion to support messes like thisno matter what you think happeneddefunding it and returning to a simpler mission is probably helpful.
Aston04
AG
Hop said:

CapCityAg89 said:

good context, hop.
Not_Sure
AG
Hop said:

CapCityAg89 said:

Better Call Saul
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.