Kevin Marfo news

10,533 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tobias Funke
aggiejohn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Method Man
Please baby
Know Your Enemy
AG
Was hoping he'd visit before making a decision.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Thanks for the heads up aggiejohn
Ags #1
AG
Boooom!!0
Know Your Enemy
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
GOT BETTER!
Morpholino
AG
Some much needed great news in such an uncertain time (COVID-19).
Chuck Gay
AG
Fantastic.

Exactly what we needed!
wacarnolds
AG
Hell yeah
fatdad84ag
expresswrittenconsent
YES
Gap
AG
Excellent!!!
DD88
AG
Quinnipiac eh?

That might give us a bump in the polls.
94chem
DD88 said:

Quinnipiac eh?

That might give us a bump in the polls.

It's not real clear yet.
agtrevino07
AG
Awesome get for Buzz and staff. Marfo is considered the top 5 grad transfer in college basketball according to multiple sites (including ESPN). No. 1 in offensive rebounds and 2nd in the nation in defensive rebounds.

I know is not a lot of evidence but an Assistant Professor at Quinnipiac Univ. posted a public twitter about the character of Marfo as a student/athlete.

JRB78
AG
Great for him. Great for Aggie basketball.
Aston04
AG
Love the thought of Miller and Marfo pounding the boards next year.
Slamn Sharpe
He's one bad Marfo
mcag83
halfastros81
AG
Buzz and friends just found a suitable substitute for Nebo it would seem. Great job. Sure hope we can get some long term bigs to buy in soon. Not saying our current bigs can't play but there's just not enough of them.
MarcAg
AG
Game is changing. Don't need as many on the block players in today's game. We don't need more post players (we have Marfo, Aku and Miller), we need big guys that can step out and shoot threes and put the ball on the floor and get to the bucket.
halfastros81
AG
Agree that the game is evolving and you don't need as many bigs to compete as you used to but the Ags are still a very small team. There were times this yr that the Ags needed to pound the ball inside to open up the floor and when Nebo was in foul trouble or otherwise unavailable we were at a gun fight with knives. Ags need one more big minimum to have legit championship aspirations imo . We also need someone that can consistently drain threes. Maybe that guy is already on board and I just don't know it. As far as I know none of the three incoming freshman are coming to town with a reputation as a great three pt shooter. Not to say one of the new or returning players may not develop into a consistent 3 pt threat.
MarcAg
AG
halfastros81 said:

Agree that the game is evolving and you don't need as many bigs to compete as you used to but the Ags are still a very small team. There were times this yr that the Ags needed to pound the ball inside to open up the floor and when Nebo was in foul trouble or otherwise unavailable we were at a gun fight with knives. Ags need one more big minimum to have legit championship aspirations imo . We also need someone that can consistently drain threes. Maybe that guy is already on board and I just don't know it. As far as I know none of the three incoming freshman are coming to town with a reputation as a great three pt shooter. Not to say one of the new or returning players may not develop into a consistent 3 pt threat.
Buzz's last team at VT had one guy over 6'6. Blackshear was 6'10 250. He had a forward that was 6'5 230 but everybody else on the roster was listed as a G/F or G with the next biggest guy at 6'6 220. So this team has a lot of big men compared to what Buzz has had in the past.
Broncos
halfastros81
AG
Buzz never won a championship
At VT either. Having said that .... they were capable of winning a championship. Why didn't they.... lack of depth in the post was a factor when you have to play quality team after quality team with bigs in a short time frame (ACC and NCAA tourneys) imo.

There's no real way to say who is right or wrong here... but I'd rather have quality depth at the post Positions than not... that's all I'm really saying.

Would I prioritize a post player over a strong wing that can penetrate, rebound , and shoot three's ... like a Danuel House type player.... not necessarily . I'd like to see both.

One thing I do believe... Buzz and staff will optimize what they have . I am totally convinced of that.
TopoTacos
AG
I agree that quality big man depth is always going to have a place in basketball, but I'd chalk up any perceived lack of trophies by Buzz to having to play in the ACC more than anything. When you've got UVA/Duke/UNC in your conference tourney every year there isn't any room for error. Also, Blacksburg is a fine little college town with a couple fun bars, but it is **hours** from anything resembling a major metro area and isn't exactly a recruiting hotbed.

The SEC has one blueblood in UK and then a rotating cast of "ooh maybe they can make a run" teams (Tennessee/Auburn/Florida/that SC year). With our resources and recruiting landscape in TX it's as wide open as anything.
halfastros81
AG
No doubt the competition in the top half of the ACC is very rigorous. Buzz held his own after the first yr even among the top quartile. I think he might have done better than hold his own had he had a couple more bigs to match up because the Dukes and UNC's of the world are always going to have size and depth.
Method Man
Tobias Funke
AG
As of today, Marfo's transfer is officially complete. Excited to see him in maroon and white
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.