Want a grad transfer?

12,745 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Method Man
MarcAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Dimencio Vaughn from Rider
14.8 pts, 6.6 rebs, 1.9 ast, 39.3% from three.

aggiejohn
AG
Yes - Kevin Marfo:
https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/top-grad-transfer-kevin-marfo-settled-on-a-group-of-15
MarcAg
AG
Why not take both?
aggiejohn
AG
TAMU made the top 5 for Marfo:
MarcAg
AG
aggiejohn said:

TAMU made the top 5 for Marfo:

Hop I think posted there were rumblings Arkansas and A&M were the favorites. Ags made the cut, pigs did not. So hopefully that original rumor had something to it.

And Marfo and Vaughn play in the same conference, so maybe Marfo can sign up and tell Vaughn to come on board too. And to be clear there has been no mention of Vaughn and A&M linked, but he just announced in last 24 hours he was transferring. Here is Vaughn dunking on Marfo's team (and no he didnt dunk on Marfo)

greg.w.h
AG
I typically do not track recruiting in part because it can be so up and down as we move towards signing recruits. I am excited that we keep finding our way into recruiting discussions on players with great upsides. Grats to our basketball program for finding a way to amp this up. I suspect our players to the extent they can also are working hard to influence talent to come here, too!
rlb28
AG
Someone opened the floodgates. There has been a bunch of activity in the last four hours. Preface this to say that I have no idea if any of these players are any good.

Dawson Carper
Hawaii

Seth Bennett
Charlotte

Samson George
Pittsburgh

Asbjrn Midtgaard
Wichita State

Sentwali Nalls
Kent State

Isaac Suffren
Lafayette
Howard

Noah Waterman
Niagara

E.J. Anosike
Sacred Heart
Tennessee

Garrett Suedekum
Belmont

Travell Washington
UIC

Jack Cavanaugh
Marist

Dimencio Vaughn
Rider

Lorenzo McGhee
Nicholls State

Jalen Tate
Northern Kentucky

Cle'von Greene
Radford

Jamon Bivens
Buffalo

Ahmadu Sarnor
Mississippi Valley State

Bryant Mocaby
Northern Kentucky
Method Man
I want Nebo to come back.
aggiejohn
AG
Method Man said:

I want Nebo to come back.

Agreed, but that's not really an option, is it?
phorizt
I really like the kid from Houston Baptist. Great outside shooter(40+% from 3) who led his team in points(19), rebounds(7.3), assists(3.8) and steals(1.6). And he played extremely well against the best competition HBU played in games vs Mich, UH and Dayton this year. But it doesn't appear we're in the market for a grad transfer perimeter player from what I've seen.
Method Man
No.
fat girlfriend
Marfo and Miller would make a pretty nasty rebounding tandem. Miller actually outrebounded Nebo (just barely) this year, but Marfo blew them both out of the water.
fat girlfriend
I just read on an Arkansas board that Marfo is sit one, play one. That's not right, is it? I thought he was a grad transfer who would be immediately eligible.
Hop
Staff
AG
He turns 23 in July. He already sat during a transfer year so he should have the credits to graduate from Quinnipiac.
aggiejohn
AG
As per usual, Hop is right.

16-17 FR @ George Washington U
17-18 RS @ transfer to Quinnipiac
18-19 SO @ Quinnipiac
19-20 JR @ Quinnipiac
20-21 SR @ TBD
Aggie09Derek
AG
Doesn't mean he 100% can graduate by summer. He should be able to, but never know if guys are taking care of business in the classroom.
aggiejohn
AG
Perhaps, but he couldn't be a sit 1, play 1 either.
His clock will run out in that scenario.
Mikeyshooter
AG
fat girlfriend said:

I just read on an Arkansas board that Marfo is sit one, play one. That's not right, is it? I thought he was a grad transfer who would be immediately eligible.

Wouldn't be the first time Arkansas made of stories to make them feel better about losing out on a player.
Method Man
Can see the headline now. "Marfo lights it up".
Hop
Staff
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Doesn't mean he 100% can graduate by summer. He should be able to, but never know if guys are taking care of business in the classroom.

Technically you are correct. He could flunk some courses this semester, but I assume he's motivated enough at this point to pass his remaining classes.

I'm sure there's an example somewhere, but I don't recall a high profile grad transfer that flunked out his last semester to where he couldn't transfer.
MarcAg
AG
https://watchstadium.com/top-20-college-basketball-transfers-who-can-play-in-2020-21-03-24-2020/

Jeff Goodman ranks Vaugh as 4th best grad transfer.
Scout's take on him; " He can score inside and out. He's a strong, athletic wing who is a MF'er. ".

Yes please! Really think this guy is a fit. And he only takes up scholarship for next year. Ags haven't shown interest. Georgia, UCONN and Dayton are the biggest names after him so far but it's only been a couple of days.
S.A. Aggie
AG
Is Margo required to sit out a year?
aggiejohn
AG
S.A. Aggie said:

Is Margo required to sit out a year?

No. He's a grad transfer and is eligible immediately.
wacarnolds
AG
Update: Dimencio Vaughn committed to Kermit & Ole Miss
MarcAg
AG
Purdue big man Matt Haarms in the portal and can play right away. 7' 3 Haarms is a guy that people hate unless he's on their team. Averaged more blocks a game than Nebo this year. He isn't going to wow you with numbers scoring or rebounding but does a lot of dirty work and isn't afraid to mix it up. Sets better screens than anyone on our team. Can step out of the paint and shoot it a little. I would take him for a year as he has big game experience.
MarcAg
AG
aggiejohn
AG
Any reason to think he's interested in the Ags?
I'd love to see the last 'ship filled with a 1-year big man.
MarcAg
AG
Absolutely no reason. Just saying he's on the market and I think he could help.
MarcAg
AG
A lot of people talking about Kentucky making a big run at him

Here is a list of some of the schools he has heard from
Mikeyshooter
AG
He's fine. Not a good fit on our team. Can't go out and defend ball screens or anyone on the perimeter.
MarcAg
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

He's fine. Not a good fit on our team. Can't go out and defend ball screens or anyone on the perimeter.
Haarms? Wow I couldn't disagree more. He isn't a perimeter guy, be he is much better on the perimeter than Nebo on both ends of the court.
Mikeyshooter
AG
We can disagree on that. He's a guy that can only play about 20/min a game for that reason. He's more of a stiff than not in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, he can help a team. But it's coming off the bench playing 15-20 min a game. He would get roasted in the SEC. Too many athletic bigs and teams that play smaller.

MarcAg
AG
He is not anything close to a stiff. I mean he is tall and white, but not a stff. Great pick and roll guy.
bobinator
AG
Even if he is a stiff, dude's 7-3.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Dude is 7-3 that averages 4.6 reb per game. Shoots 52% from the field. He's bench depth.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.