BCG to Tarleton?

13,667 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MarcAg
reddirtgigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sek92 said:

They are all spinning in their #next level ready. New president, Chris reisman moving to new position, wisdom gym needing upgrades; will be interesting
Wisdom gym will be expanded. Swimming pool will be demo-ed and a horse shoe type setting will be constructed
KaneIsAble
AG
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tarleton-state-decision-hire-billy-150053996.html

This guy has an opinion....
wacarnolds
AG
KaneIsAble said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tarleton-state-decision-hire-billy-150053996.html

This guy has an opinion....

I think it's fair to blast BCG for the way he's treated people at his past jobs. I'll be rooting for him to prove he's truly changed. A lot of us here owe our fandom to the turnaround he performed and I'm hoping he goes out on a positive note.
_lefraud_
AG
Stop reading at "had his own driver at UK" ...
GSPag`
BCG did so much for us in just 3 years. I will be happy for his success at Tarleton. And if he brought his team to Reed it would be a sell out.

Chrisattsu
reddirtgigem said:

Done deal. Ink hasn't dried but a done deal. If Acie Law decides to come back to coaching with him, I will lose my mind.

Former member of PANKUS, Foul Play, and wisdomgymrat

Preach it brother
Chrisattsu
superunknown said:

DTuba said:

Wait as the head coach? Right now the AD's son is the head coach. Did you see this somewhere? (I'm alum from there)

Yeah, no. Lonn's legacy is forever cemented in Tarleton history. If not for the success of WJ Wisdom, his name would be on that basketball gym

_lefraud_
AG
It's on the new football stadium...

I don't think Reisman "replacing" his son is really a huge deal or some power play.

Reisman got to move his son into a role making good salary, and able to stay "at home" before being potentially getting fired down the road. Everyone wins.
halfastros81
AG
Wish him the best. Wish he had never left A & M but frankly we ultimately are in a better spot now with Buzz... as good or better coach without all the baggage.
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
MarcAg said:

sek92 said:

Wow! That is so awesome! I hope those athletes know what they are getting! So exciting

Some of those athletes aren't ready for what they are getting. And many won't make it. The strong will survive. The weak will transfer.
No truer words!

All coaches have had to change their style with the new generation of student-athletes, parents and social media, but I got to talk with coach and watch him on the sidelines this year and he is still as "fiery" as ever.

This will be interesting to watch as he could win a lot of games in a hurry there.
sek92
AG
His name is on the football field
expresswrittenconsent
What has he learned from the complete failure at Texas Tech, where he was arguably the worst coach in the last 30 yrs not named pat knight?
milner79
reddirtgigem said:

If Acie Law decides to come back to coaching with him, I will lose my mind.
For the good times:

Tobias Funke
AG
milner79 said:

reddirtgigem said:

If Acie Law decides to come back to coaching with him, I will lose my mind.
For the good times:

1)man, Acie had ice in his veins like no other

2) man, that final score is still absurd and the very definition of BCG ball

3) I sincerely can't wait to see what surpasses that moment as my favorite sports memory of all time. Because that was the best.
Wildcat
AG
And somewhere, PJ Tucker is still dribbling.
Aegrescit medendo
aggieband 83
AG
William_C_G said:

Wish him the best. Hopefully he is wiser and has slayed his demons.
Amen!
I always wished he had stayed at Aggieland. He was building a special program here.
halfastros81
AG
Agree but I'm convinced Buzz will do the same without all of the extra baggage. Gillispie is A great hoops coach but he had some things to work thru.
greg.w.h
AG
I have zero clue why the claim that the system got involved with this hire other than carefully reviewing it to make sure the Kentucky and Tech behavior will be carefully avoided with appropriate controls and contract language. I doubt seriously Sharp was pulling for this.

Now the move to D1 and branding the school with capable coaching and chance of success at that level? That could be interesting to Sharp. Gillespie himself is a means to that end and a risky one with a kidney transplant that lasts typically between 10 and 20 years. Him getting more stress puts his health at risk. Hopefully this has been carefully thought through. Or you end up with a similar situation to something we have witnessed before...
Method Man
Hey we all have our demons and we are all flawed. Without BCG we may never have known what great basketball looked like. Turgeon was good not great coach. We would've been thrilled to have him had we not had BCG. Even Kennedy, who wasn't elite was still better than most of the coaches we have had. For this, I am hopeful for him to be healthy and successful.
wacarnolds
AG
aggiejohn
AG
Boom!
MarcAg
AG
I didn't think Buzz would do it, but it's probably a smart way to get Aggies to an early season game.
wacarnolds
AG
MarcAg said:

I didn't think Buzz would do it, but it's probably a smart way to get Aggies to an early season game.
I think it's also part of the admin's effort to boost Tarleton's athletic program (see the future football game), so I'm not sure this was entirely Buzz's call.

Glad to see everyone come together and props to Buzz for being flexible.
greg.w.h
AG
Will Tarleton State became our UCLA?
aggiejohn
AG
It's smart business; keeping money within the family.

I think it would be smart to continue to leverage as many "buy" games as possible from these institutions:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_A%26M_University_System
wacarnolds
AG
aggiejohn said:

It's smart business; keeping money within the family.

I think it would be smart to continue to leverage as many "buy" games as possible from these institutions:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_A%26M_University_System

mikesyracuse1
MarcAg said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

aggiejohn said:

If BCG gets hired, what are the chances the Aggies host the Texans in Nov or Dec of this upcoming season?

Count on it!

Mikesyracuse1
Why do you say that? I would say I seriously doubt that happens.

Glad it worked out. Both coaches wanted to play once the hire was official.

Mikesyracuse1
MarcAg
AG
wacarnolds said:

MarcAg said:

I think it's also part of the admin's effort to boost Tarleton's athletic program (see the future football game), so I'm not sure this was entirely Buzz's call.

Glad to see everyone come together and props to Buzz for being flexible.
Buzz probably also wouldn't tell Billy no if Billy asked for the game
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.