BCG to Tarleton?

13,704 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MarcAg
_lefraud_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Might make sense, as they are transitioning to D1 as part of the WAC, where ironically was where he got his first head coaching gig.
aggiejohn
AG
That would be awesome!
William_C_G
AG
Wish him the best. Hopefully he is wiser and has slayed his demons.
DTuba
Wait as the head coach? Right now the AD's son is the head coach. Did you see this somewhere? (I'm alum from there)
Jonesy_00
AG
Current coach is moving into an assistant AD position.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." --H.L. Mencken
DTuba
I just found that. Dang, weird to not have a Reisman as a coach.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
Method Man
Goodman is such a ******
UTExan
I hope Gillespie takes the job. He is a great coach.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Tobias Funke
AG
Rothstein with the hurtful omission
sek92
AG
That would be so awesome! I work in kinesiology at tarleton and my office is right next to the athletics office and I would be on cloud nine knowing BCG was right there.
GSPag`
I thought he left Ranger for Midwestern?

No?
aggiejohn
AG
GSPag` said:

I thought he left Ranger for Midwestern?

No?

I think there were some discussions around that at the conclusion of last season, but he ended up remaining at Ranger.
aggiejohn
AG
If BCG gets hired, what are the chances the Aggies host the Texans in Nov or Dec of this upcoming season?
sek92
AG
That would be cool, we play football in 2025
S.A. Aggie
AG
28-3 at Ranger this year before the shutdown.
mikesyracuse1
aggiejohn said:

If BCG gets hired, what are the chances the Aggies host the Texans in Nov or Dec of this upcoming season?

Count on it!

Mikesyracuse1
MarcAg
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

aggiejohn said:

Count on it!

Mikesyracuse1
Why do you say that? I would say I seriously doubt that happens.
aggiejohn
AG
Provided that Buzz and BCG are amenable to playing one another (which might a bridge too far as friendly coaches don't typically like playing each other), TAMU might want to give a "money game" to the Texans to help their athletic budget and keep money in the TAMU system...
MarcAg
AG
aggiejohn said:

Provided that Buzz and BCG are amenable to playing one another (which might a bridge too far as friendly coaches don't typically like playing each other), TAMU might want to give a "money game" to the Texans to help their athletic budget and keep money in the TAMU system...
Buzz has said he absolutely HATES coaching against his friends and prefers not to do it. Very adamant about that. Now maybe he would do it to help him out, but based on what he said this year I doubt it.
expresswrittenconsent
MarcAg said:

aggiejohn said:

Buzz has said he absolutely HATES coaching against his friends and prefers not to do it. Very adamant about that. Now maybe he would do it to help him out, but based on what he said this year I doubt it.

Correct. He almost bought out the one game this year against a former assistant and was practically in tears during post-game. However, mikeysyracuse is pretty plugged in and knows waaaaaaaaaaaaay more about this game than I ever will.
LawHall88
AG
sek92
AG
Wow! That is so awesome! I hope those athletes know what they are getting! So exciting
MarcAg
AG
sek92 said:

Wow! That is so awesome! I hope those athletes know what they are getting! So exciting

Some of those athletes aren't ready for what they are getting. And many won't make it. The strong will survive. The weak will transfer.
superunknown
AG
DTuba said:

Wait as the head coach? Right now the AD's son is the head coach. Did you see this somewhere? (I'm alum from there)

sek92
AG
They are all spinning in their #next level ready. New president, Chris reisman moving to new position, wisdom gym needing upgrades; will be interesting
DTuba
Dang! That's some crazy stuff happening at Tarleton. Wish I lived closer to be able to check it out (for those of you familiar, I was a part of Foul Play ) Curious to see if Tarleton can go back to its winning ways in Basketball!
expresswrittenconsent
Its official now? Its on the ticker that he accepted a 4 year deal.
Method Man
sek92 said:

They are all spinning in their #next level ready. New president, Chris reisman moving to new position, wisdom gym needing upgrades; will be interesting

So what happened here?
sek92
AG
When they announced moving up to D1, same time we got a new president. All the requirements to be D1 ready has them really pushing hard to upgrade the facilities and then Chris steps down. All happening so fast, will be interesting to see what happens! (That is all, just all happening at once)
Wildcat
AG
Being reported as a done deal on UK fan sites.

CatsPause

Quote:

After more than eight years away from Division I college basketball, Billy Gillispie is making a return. The former Kentucky and Texas A&M coach was hired by Tarleton State, the school announced in a press release Monday night.
Aegrescit medendo
MarcAg
AG
Well they already had the press conference so hopefully its done deal
monarch
S
Brent Z reported it was a done deal yesterday, so it must be a done deal!!!!!
reddirtgigem
Done deal. Ink hasn't dried but a done deal. If Acie Law decides to come back to coaching with him, I will lose my mind.

Former member of PANKUS, Foul Play, and wisdomgymrat
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.