Wow

11,238 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jnocar
_lefraud_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This attendance issue is worse than I thought.
gopitt
No one there.
Against Kentucky?
Wow!
Expert Analysis
AG
Everyone stuck in traffic...
greg.w.h
AG
gopitt said:

No one there.
Against Kentucky?
Wow!
If only it was Pitt...then we would have massive turnout....
AggieBaseball06
AG
_lefraud_ said:

First game you've attended this season?
Muy
AG
My son is there so count one Texags family who has a student that cares.
West Point Aggie
AG
If it's not football, baseball and soccer, aggie fans don't give much of a crap...I wonder how it will take before it wears on buzz like it did MT...?
Muy
AG
Make no mistake, Turgeon wore us out quickly. Terrible fit. Buzz is a more solid guy and knows what he's doing.
_lefraud_
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

_lefraud_ said:

Yes, until they do the following three things, I'm only committed to attending one game a year:

- move students to the sidelines
- get real cheerleaders
- build new arena on main campus
AggieBaseball06
AG
_lefraud_ said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

_lefraud_ said:

Yes, until they do the following three things, I'm only committed to attending one game a year:

- get real cheerleaders

Then stop b****ing about attendance.
dermdoc
AG
_lefraud_ said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

_lefraud_ said:

- get real cheerleaders

Entitled much? My goodness. Please do not attend.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
txag72
AG
I want more WOMEN on the sidelines. That'll do it.
94chem
By the time Turgeon left, the team had become difficult to watch. The first round exit against FSU in his final year was a mercy killing. Buzz is building something. Turgeon was slowly tearing something down. If this is the floor, good times are on the way. We are already better than 6 of Kennedy's 8 teams.
dermdoc
AG
94chem said:

By the time Turgeon left, the team had become difficult to watch. The first round exit against FSU in his final year was a mercy killing. Buzz is building something. Turgeon was slowly tearing something down. If this is the floor, good times are on the way. We are already better than 6 of Kennedy's 8 teams.

Agree. I am really excited about Buzz.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
unmade bed
Coronavirus?
war hymn aggie
AG
Students had their best turnout of the season, but it was still nothing to be encouraged with. I wonder how many of them would have been in attendance had not Breakaway been at 9 tonight. I say this because a surprising number of students applauded when Breakaway was announced.

Wildcat fans had a good turnout being that the game was on a Tuesday night, so this helped attendance.
dermdoc
AG
txag72 said:

I would personally vote for better players but whatever.
8T2
Muy said:

Make no mistake, Turgeon wore us out quickly. Terrible fit. Buzz is a more solid guy and knows what he's doing.
Two highest attendance seasons in A&M basketball history were with Turgeon, but yeah, you nailed it.
Proposition Joe
Boy howdy there would be some fun posts to bump from the Turgeon era. This place would go on the attack if you even implied that Turgeon wasn't really building anything simply keeping it afloat.

Now he's the scapegoat for everything from "a bad attitude that drove fans away" to "leaving the cupboard bare for Kennedy" to "slowly tearing the program down".

A lot of posters love patting themselves on the back for not only things they didn't say back then, but things they actually refused to acknowledge.
Maroon Dawn
AG
It's too late for this season

When you have no winning tradition or fun unique environment (Yell Leaders doing. terrible copy/paste of football kills it) Then this is your average student in January:

"Hey it's basketball season, are we any good this year?"

"No"

"Okay maybe I'll go next year if we're good"

They simply don't care about excuses like "Love watching a young team grow" "but they work so hard" or "Buzz is fun to watch!"

They want wins and wins against someone they've heard of
Method Man
txag72 said:

What kind of pervert are you?
8T2
Proposition Joe said:

Boy howdy there would be some fun posts to bump from the Turgeon era. This place would go on the attack if you even implied that Turgeon wasn't really building anything simply keeping it afloat.

Now he's the scapegoat for everything from "a bad attitude that drove fans away" to "leaving the cupboard bare for Kennedy" to "slowly tearing the program down".

A lot of posters love patting themselves on the back for not only things they didn't say back then, but things they actually refused to acknowledge.
Maryland seems happy to have him, though.
Buford T. Justice
AG
This will sting a bit, but Aggies are bandwagon basketball fans. The wheels are on, and the lugnuts will be firmly in place within weeks. Rolling forward into 2020-2021. We may have one "well look at this crowd this year."
deh40
AG
_lefraud_ said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

_lefraud_ said:

- get real cheerleaders
Guess you won't be at many games because I don't see any of those happening.
_lefraud_
AG
deh40 said:

_lefraud_ said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

_lefraud_ said:

- get real cheerleaders

My post is dripping with sarcasm as all three of these ideas (and many more) are all ridiculous things I hear/read spouted on here...ALL. THE. TIME.
dermdoc
AG
_lefraud_ said:

deh40 said:

_lefraud_ said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

_lefraud_ said:

- get real cheerleaders

My post is dripping with sarcasm as all three of these ideas (and many more) are all ridiculous things I hear/read spouted on here...ALL. THE. TIME.
If that is the truth then I agree with you. Placement of students, female cheerleaders, location of arena, etc. mean nothing. If you win, they will come.
Hop
Staff
AG
94chem said:

In his last two seasons combined, Turgeon went 48-19 and finished in 2nd and 3rd place respectively in each of his last two years. Anybody that says the teams were tough to watch isnt a college basketball fan.

I agree that Turgeon wasn't stockpiling young talent, but he brought in enough talent to go to the NCAA's every year and left A&M with a 97-40 record in a very competitive basketball conference.
Method Man
True Hop. That was interesting revisionist history.
JJxvi
AG
The idea that Texas A&M basketball has an attendance problem in 2020 and that its somehow Mark Turgeon's fault is absurd. Turgeons been gone for almost 10 years, even ignoring the key fact that he left a program that was strong in both wins and attendance.
Broncos
_lefraud_ said:

AggieBaseball06 said:

_lefraud_ said:

- get real cheerleaders
One game a year? Why not zero since you're going to complain about minor things at a BASKETBALL game.

This isn't a cheerleading competition and Reed Arena is fine.
Proposition Joe
And attendance was never bad with Turgeon. Yes, we made the NCAAs, but we were a fringe Top 25 team the majority of conference play under his tenure not some world-beaters.
JJxvi
AG
Another thing that is sometimes ignored regarding that era of A&M basketball is that Bill Byrne and Bowen Loftin did a large amount of work personally in promoting our games back then. They were also there meeting and talking with everybody and at every single game you would see them. Especially Loftin with the students
Know Your Enemy
AG
Proposition Joe said:

And attendance was never bad with Turgeon. Yes, we made the NCAAs, but we were a fringe Top 25 team the majority of conference play under his tenure not some world-beaters.

Then why did Turge complain about attendance all the time?
Pumpkinhead
AG
Once a coronavirus outbreak hits Texas, then we can simply blame that for the poor attendance.
Proposition Joe
Junkhead said:

Proposition Joe said:

Then why did Turge complain about attendance all the time?

Because he spent 7 years coaching in Kansas (and 4 years playing) where they don't care about anything other than basketball and wasn't realistic on what college basketball fandom in Texas would be like?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.