Honest question: Breakaway students attending on Tuesday night?

3,176 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ordRV80
aggiejohn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will we see a uptick in student attendance tomorrow night due to Breakaway being held afterward (like we saw against LSU, I think)?

Perhaps some current students affiliated with Breakaway can chime in on their plans...
bobinator
AG
Breakaway being back at Reed tomorrow (it was at Kyle Field the night of the Missouri game) definitely helps student attendance.
expresswrittenconsent
Prayer works, yall.
bobinator
AG
I couldn't find a good photo but you can see in the back of this photo some of the students wearing the same blue shirts and the black shirts that were there for breakaway. Had to be at least a couple hundred extra folks.

aggiejohn
AG
75AG
AG
If Jesus brings them to Reed, thy will be done.
JJxvi
AG
So they'll be wearing blue?
EliteZags
AG
God knows we'll need Jesus more than ever on this night
jnew0531
AG
I emailed a basketball staffer in charge of marketing to let them know I could get in touch with the head speaker of Breakaway if they wanted to try and do something to encourage their attendance at the game, maybe have them do some kind of competition at a time out or something fun. I was told, "thanks for your interest, I will forward this suggestion to the appropriate person".

Things that are so simple and so obvious are just not being done. It would take maybe 5 minutes of work to get several hundred if not more extra students to the game and they won't do it.
CDMAg21
AG
jnew0531 said:

I emailed a basketball staffer in charge of marketing to let them know I could get in touch with the head speaker of Breakaway if they wanted to try and do something to encourage their attendance at the game, maybe have them do some kind of competition at a time out or something fun. I was told, "thanks for your interest, I will forward this suggestion to the appropriate person".

Things that are so simple and so obvious are just not being done. It would take maybe 5 minutes of work to get several hundred if not more extra students to the game and they won't do it.
Maybe ask them to wear white instead of their usual blue...
Tobias Funke
AG
If Breakaway is halted because of a basketball game, would that be considered a clear path foul?
Pumpkinhead
AG
No need to worry about game attendance tomorrow. Reed will be pretty full regardless, because probably about 3000 Kentucky fans will show up.
Method Man
https://www.theonion.com/christ-returns-to-nba-1819563859
Sananag
Aggie09Derek
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

No need to worry about game attendance tomorrow. Reed will be pretty full regardless, because probably about 3000 Kentucky fans will show up.

Will be much less than in years past. UK fans are a bit down on this team plus the game is a weekday. I think all the other UK games have been Saturday's and majority of the people I talked to have come from DFW/Austin/SA/Houston. Doubt many will be coming tomorrow compared to what it's been.
Texker
AG
First 2000 students tomorrow get a free BTHO Kentucky t-shirt.
Baby Billy
AG
Texker said:

First 2000 students tomorrow get a free BTHO Kentucky t-shirt.

So who gets the leftovers?
ordRV80
AG
Honestly, if Breakaway kids don't show, there will be maybe 100 students.

I will be there and am prepared for the repeated disappointment I feel toward our students.

Wish I would be wrong.

I won't be.
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
Aggie09Derek
AG
Current students,

Has their been any hype on campus? Any ads in Batt/sidewalks/etc?

Aggie09Derek
AG
Guessing not, student section (including top) looks to be about 30% full at tipoff.
Leander - Ag
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Guessing not, student section (including top) looks to be about 30% full at tipoff.
txag72
AG
Uhm the game is on.
s13fenton
Lot of UK fans sitting in the season ticket section.
Aggie09Derek
AG
s13fenton said:

Lot of UK fans sitting in the season ticket section.
There were about 200ish lower level tickets available from box office about 30 minutes before tip off still...
AggieBaseball06
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

I would argue this is the "best" student attendance of the season. I wasn't at the Gonzaga game so I can't say for sure.

I would also argue this is one of the worst non-student attendance games of the season. It looks like tons of season ticket holders had....prior commitments...tonight and generously donated their tickets to their closest UK friends.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Yeah it filled up right after tip on that one half lower level...We basically have 3 big segments of student tickets and 1 is now full, 1 is like 75% full and the upper level one is empty pretty much.

Gonzaga I think was slightly better.
JJxvi
AG
6 pm games are awful for the people we market season tickets to
ordRV80
AG
This was a good student showing BUT if not for Breakaway, there would have been the usual
200 or so. FRIKKING PATHETIC.
Ole Army is dead.
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.