Offense

876 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CapCityAg89
Ag_EE_88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It seems like the offense has played a lot better the last 2 games. What are the reasons for that?

I didn't get to watch much of the last 2 games. Is this emergence of better shooting due to Gordon not playing as much? It seems like Flagg's role changed from what I saw too.
bobinator
AG
It's a lot of things.

1 - Neither Alabama nor Mississippi State are particularly good defensively
2 - The emerge of Emanuel Miller and Quenton Jackson. They've been a lot more productive lately and teams actually have to guard them which opens up some space on the floor.
3 - Hot shooting. We can talk about taking better shots and we are taking better shots, but we've also made some absurd shots the last few games. We must have had 4 or 5 off balance/shot clock/banked in shots against Alabama.
4 - Making easy shots. It's easy to point out how bad we are shooting threes because we're one of the worst in the country at it, but we're also in the bottom third in shooting twos. We shoot 48% from 2 for the year, but we were at 63% against Mississippi State.
5 - Making our free throws

but also....

6 - Belief. It looks like our guys are finally starting to really believe in what they're doing. It's no coincidence that suddenly we're looking a lot better at the same time that Savion Flagg is looking a lot better. Flagg just had his best two offensive rating games of the season (other than the opener against Northwestern State.)

I don't think we're playing better because Gordon is playing less, I think Gordon is playing less because other guys are playing better, namely Mitchell and Jackson. Jackson has been so good lately, and he's such a good athlete, that there's really no need to ever take him off the floor.
CapCityAg89
AG
Less dribbling. More passing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.