Tailgating

1,267 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Broncos
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haven't really seen anyone set up until last Saturday when basketball, baseball, and softball we're all playing.

My first question is, what time do they start opening basketball parking to the 100 lots. My second question is, how many of you have tailgated before a hoops game? Third, do the football rules for tailgating apply? (It would obviously be on a lot smaller scale than football just trying to decide if I want to attempt one tomorrow)
JADE
AG
I have only tailgated for football games but my understanding is that the same rules apply so you can stake, setup and tailgate from noon to midnight the day before any NCAA sanctioned event on campus and begin tailgating at 7 am on gameday. I'm don't know the parking lot policy.
It's push, time to build the stack!
Michael Cera Palin
AG
There's no restrictions really. Lot 100 opens about 3 hours before the game and it's $5 to park there. Just grab a spot that borders the grass and go ahead and set up. If you get there before they start charging at the entrance of the parking lot then you won't have to pay, but if you don't have an A&M parking pass you'd be subject to getting a ticket from Transportation Services should they catch you. Honestly I've never seen them out there ticketing on Saturday games, but they're vultures so you never know. If you do get there before they start ticketing, and you don't have a parking pass, just go give the attendant $5 once they show up and get the little paper stub to play it safe.
Or live dangerously, up to you.

If you're talking full on tailgating like football (staking a spot on Friday) I don't think you're allowed to set up the night before and come back in the morning. I would suggest doing it all on gameday.
dave99ag
AG
Rarely have I seen full-on tailgates before basketball games. Nothing like the setups for football. You'll see tents here and there if the weather is good. We usually pop the tailgate on the truck and enjoy a few beers and snacks before most weekend games. There will be more folks around since baseball and basketball start at the same time, so Reed lot will have a few more cars. We'll probably get there an hour ahead of the game and it's no problem to find a spot on the west side.
bobinator
AG
We tailgate every game unless the weather is bad in 100A. If you get there early you can beat the traffic people, but if they come by and you don't have a campus pass you might have to pay.
bobinator
AG
If any of y'all are going to be out there with a satellite let me know, trying to figure out how we're going to watch Kansas/Baylor
Broncos
bobinator said:

We tailgate every game unless the weather is bad in 100A. If you get there early you can beat the traffic people, but if they come by and you don't have a campus pass you might have to pay.
We usually park in 100G. I plan on getting out there around 10-10:30 to kick off the festivities.

I'm not sure where I'll set up shop tomorrow yet. It will probably be pretty low key since I haven't tried tailgating basketball before.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.