Won't happen, but ...

8,037 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by EXCELL
CypressAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went up with my dad to OKC to watch our games there and "the comeback" was about the most fun I've had watching any Aggie team!
EXCELL
Quote:

Kennedy also pretty much 'killed it' with that roster
What you saw was raw talent wasted with crappy in-game coaching. His teams typically underperformed their talent level.

The continuing apologies for BK are nauseating.
MMantle
AG
The continuing criticisms are also nauseating.

RR
EXCELL
He earned them.
Years of wasted talent
Years of static coaching
GoodAg Paulie
AG
At least give BK credit for the win in Anaheim over Va Tech. I dont think BK is in the same coaching league as Buzz, but on that day he out coached Buzz down the stretch in that game. I was in the gym for that one and enjoyed that Aggie Basketball moment.
Method Man
If a coach beats another coach he automatically out coached him? Seemed like Hogg just had one of his fluky once every ten games hit streak.
EXCELL
That
Pumpkinhead
AG
Method Man said:

If a coach beats another coach he automatically out coached him? Seemed like Hogg just had one of his fluky once every ten games hit streak.

I remember Robert Williams killing them in the second half. They had no one who could athletically match up with him. But we also seemed really prepared for that game, probably having one of Buzz's ex-assistants on our bench (Chew) extra helped the scouting report.
Sananag
He deserves it. He got a bunch of bench players to believe in THE TEAM.
Aston04
AG
Method Man said:

exactly right. The value of a coach is over the long term. Short term, even Melvin Watkins' teams had nights where someone got hot and they played well. He was still clueless on the sideline and didn't "out coach" the other guy.
Aston04
AG
I feel like this guy whenever BK comes up on here and I get drawn into commenting...

Trying not to be that guy...
EXCELL
YO ... Bartender ... Jobu needs a refill.
DuckySams
Well I'm totally eating crow - after the first few games, I literally expected us to go 0-fer in conference (rivaling that putrid Watkins team). Glad I was wrong...
aTmC4neck
AG
The fact that Buzz can physically show emotion will make a huge difference in how the team is able to perform. I think that's part of the reason A&M won the last 3 games, especially the game at bama. I'm looking forward to the rest of this season and the future with how Buzz has this team playing right now.
claym711
AG
I don't understand why some non-moderators feel the need to police what can and can't be discussed on website made for discussions.
bobinator
AG
Because of trash like the two posts above yours
expresswrittenconsent
claym711 said:

I don't understand why some non-moderators feel the need to police what can and can't be discussed on website made for discussions.
Bob's a junior mod in training. He doesnt have the ability to delete posts yet (which eats at him) so keeps count of the number of attendance threads and polices the yell leader threads. Deep down he is still the scared little boy who ran away from texags to the Kansas message boards 15yrs ago because "aggies just dont understand".
bobinator
AG
Please, training would imply that I have some kind of mentor or guide. I'm more like a traffic cop operating without approval on private property.

Also I didn't run away, I was posting in both places, let's get the facts right at least.
PatAg
AG
Personally, I have no desire to ever talk about Kennedy again. However, it is very difficult to do when there are a certain set of posters that love to basically lie about his accomplishments, and act extremely hypocritical in regards to Buzz.

Anyone with a modicum of basketball knowledge can watch this year's team play and see there is a game plan. Even when we were losing badly you could see it, the players were just sucking. I think most people confuse winning/scoring with coaching.
Pumpkinhead
AG
PatAg said:

Personally, I have no desire to ever talk about Kennedy again. However, it is very difficult to do when there are a certain set of posters that love to basically lie about his accomplishments, and act extremely hypocritical in regards to Buzz.

Anyone with a modicum of basketball knowledge can watch this year's team play and see there is a game plan. Even when we were losing badly you could see it, the players were just sucking. I think most people confuse winning/scoring with coaching.
Who are these posters? I don't recall seeing any drum beats on this board preferring Kennedy over Buzz. Almost the entire board seems to feel we made a great hire in Buzz Williams and that it was time for a change from the Kennedy era. Seems more like some posters are now trying to manufacture conflict, I guess out of boredom now that almost everybody likes the current coach.

I know when I've stepped in, I've only defended specifically the 2015-2016 basketball season whenever it seemed like darts were getting thrown at that particular year, which WAS a very good hoops season and notable accomplishment by all the players and staff at that time. But that doesn't mean I don't prefer Buzz (which I do) or thought the other 7 Kennedy seasons underperformed and justified his firing (which I did).
DukeMu
Method Man said:

In Buzz's last sweet 16 season he loses to Duke after a beautiful inbounds play that a player unfortunately missed. In BK's last sweet 16, we lost by a hundred to Michigan.
That was one helluva play call.
PatAg
AG
I wasn't referring to you.
DukeMu

We actually still control our own destiny. If the unthinkable happens and we win 3 of the next 4...especially if we win against a beatable KY squad Tuesday, thenwin a couple more regular season games and 2 SECT games.

I'm not saying it could happen...but it could happen.
Sananag
Amen. And if you're a lifetime Aggies supporter it doesn't mean squat if you don't have the ag-tag. You've got to be a troll. Lol.
Double Diamond
Buzz is such a breath of fresh air after Kennedy.
DukeMu
Method Man said:

Hogg was actually killing it early season 2017-2018 before the multiple weed suspensions. He metrics were off the chart.

But, yeah, occasionally the Time Lord would just take over a game.
EXCELL
Buzz won't get the award but he sure as hell deserves it.
He's patched together a decent team from the ashes ...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.