Get your butts to the gym....

3,507 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by monarch
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Verbal support is great folks, but PHYSICAL SUPPORT BY GOING TO REED FOR THE GAME IS BETTER! As we used to say back in the day, "Be there or be square!"
Broncos
Thanks for the verbal support with three home games left.
Maroon Dawn
AG
[/yelling at clouds]
iluvpoker
Why do people post these threads on a board that is read by diehard fans? If you want more fans/students to attend then pass out flyers on campus or make signs and put them on campus or buy an ad in the batt or Houston, DFW, Aus/SA newspaper.
Maroon Dawn
AG
It's too late. No one but the most die hard CBB fan is showing up for a .500 team just because that's better than the train wreck that was expected.

Again, this is your average A&M student in January:

"Hey so it's basketball season, are we any good this year?"

"No"

"Okay well maybe I'll check out a game next season if we're good"
iluvpoker
Maroon Dawn said:

It's too late. No one but the most die hard CBB fan is showing up for a .500 team just because that's better than the train wreck that was expected.

Again, this is your average A&M student in January:

"Hey so it's basketball season, are we any good this year?"

"No"

"Okay well maybe I'll check out a game next season if we're good"

Some students will choose to watch our nationally ranked baseball team rather than a team not ranked in the top 100. I can't blame them.
expresswrittenconsent
Does 'verbal support' indicate OP reads texags out loud?
bobinator
AG
#11?
PJYoung
AG
These threads are always enjoyable.
Wicked Good Ag
I am sure we will have a better than average crowd next Tuesday
jnew0531
Acesup
Nothing much has changed on the basketball board in the last 20 years. Maybe one day all Aggies will accept that this ain't football where fans show up simply for the joy of watching a game. It iis the team's responsibility to earn support, and they haven't done it.
mazag08
AG
Not sure I'd be very much help in the gym. But I might get to the arena
Ag_EE_88
AG
There probably are more students at the gym than the arena.
Aston04
AG
Imagine all the possibilities if the athletic department coordinated with the intramurals. Hell, they could play a "mini" A finals game during half time. Do a sorority/fraternity finals game, corps final game.. Suddenly, girlfriends, friends, etc. have reason to come.

And the list of other incentives they could do are easy... One year they gave out prizes to the FLOs and frats that brought the most members to games... Give away shirts to the first X number of students one night... Etc. etc. etc.
iluvpoker
Aston04 said:

Imagine all the possibilities if the athletic department coordinated with the intramurals. Hell, they could play a "mini" A finals game during half time. Do a sorority/fraternity finals game, corps final game.. Suddenly, girlfriends, friends, etc. have reason to come.

And the list of other incentives they could do are easy... One year they gave out prizes to the FLOs and frats that brought the most members to games... Give away shirts to the first X number of students one night... Etc. etc. etc.

Do you send your ideas to the AD or just post them here? I don't think posting them here has much effect.
LawHall88
AG
Quote:

Coach Buzz Williams won't argue. He's frequently acknowledged A&M's offensive limitations. Yet, after consecutive victories over Georgia and Alabama, he suggested the Aggies have been highly motivated to answer doubters, skeptics and critics.

"I think they fight with an edge to prove maybe we're not quite as bad as the (lack of) support says we are or the people say we are or the smart people that tweet about us say we are," Williams said. "I think that's kind of cool for 20-year-olds to get together and say, 'Let's change some opinions.'"
txag72
AG
Heard his quote and cringed at the thought of people saying "message boards don't matter" and "if they win, they will come."
bobinator
AG
Why are you cringing, it's still true. It's not like if we win one game people will come. It was a whole two games ago that we got our asses kicked by a mediocre team on our own floor.
Aston04
AG
iluvpoker said:

Aston04 said:

Do you send your ideas to the AD or just post them here? I don't think posting them here has much effect.
I actually written the AD twice back in the bk era about why we should switch coaches. Do nothing Hyman did even reply one time saying he received my input.
West Point Aggie
AG
So 5-6k then!?
txag72
AG
Quote:

Heard his quote and cringed at the thought of people saying "message boards don't matter" and "if they win, they will come."
I cringe because we're Aggies.
Artimus Gordon
Thanks! I have been thinking about doing that very thing this morning!
monarch
S
Broncos:

I'm a season ticket holder; I go to all the Saturday games and some of the midweek games, plus if I'm not able to go to a midweek game, I make sure the tix go to somebody else who can.

The point: go to the game; quit bi*****g and go; cut out the excuses and go.
Maroon Dawn
AG
"Just go" isn't good enough

It's why we had to suffer through Kennedy for so long

Until the AD is really scared that they have to actually perform and win then they'll just hang onto mediocre coaches forever
monarch
S
So your point is what? Kennedy is not here; he's gone in case you haven't noticed; in fact, where is he? Buzz has the program trending upwards and getting better by the game. "Until the AD is really scared..."; what the hell does that mean? You talking about some other sport on campus or what?

Back to the original point: quit bi*****g and go to the games.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
monarch said:

"Be there or be square!"
So when in the 1930's were your born oldtimer?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
Leander - Ag
Broncos
pepe the dog said:

monarch said:

"Be there or be square!"
So when in the 1930's were your born oldtimer?

Boomer!
Broncos
monarch said:

Broncos:

I'm a season ticket holder; I go to all the Saturday games and some of the midweek games, plus if I'm not able to go to a midweek game, I make sure the tix go to somebody else who can.

The point: go to the game; quit bi*****g and go; cut out the excuses and go.

You're preaching to the choir here.
monarch
S
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.