Obama is Right!

3,278 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SolidRockAg
LukeDuke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never thought I'd say that - but he clearly knows hoops!

https://www.talkbasket.net/69875-barack-obama-to-frank-vogel-you-need-to-stop-playing-rondo-so-much-and-give-caruso-more-playing-time
BigOil
AG
I'm burning out on all the crow I've had to eat.
rwtxag83
AG
It's pretty amazing how many people are noticing how much better the Lakers are when AC is logging minutes. If there's an opportunity, he's going to find it, and maximize it.
Greater love hath no man than this....
wacarnolds
AG
GrayMatter
AG
It seems like Vogel has been tinkering with lineups all season long so Alex has gotten inconsistent minutes. He's the plus/minus king but he was also a bit banged up in the last two weeks. Alex may be the reason that the Lakers haven't really pursued signing other veteran guards.

If Alex continues to improve and play balls to the wall like he has been, I see him being instrumental in the playoffs especially when teams go with a small ball lineup.
Pumpkinhead
AG
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/2/19/21143247/nba-playoffs-west-lineups-lakers-clippers

Recent Ringer article that shows how LeBron plus Davis plus Caruso has the highest +Net Rating of any player combined with LeBron and DAvis, and the author says don't be surprised if you see Caruso out there on the floor closing out playoff games.

Obligatory Several posters on the TexAgs Basketball Board opined back in 2016 that Caruso had zero percent chance of ever playing in the NBA reminder.
uneedastraw
Its been obvious that Caruso needs to be used in the Lineup more but the coach refuses to do so. He only goes to caruso when nothing else is working. And then even when caruso fills in the void in the second quarter, the coach refuses to increase his playing time in the 2nd half and caruso sits until 7-8 minutes left in the game.

As consistently bad as Rhondo and kuzma have been (and throw into that Danny green hasn't lit it up either), the coach should be called out for not giving the bench more opportunities. Lebron has been putting in too many minutes because the coach refuses to bench some of the starting veterans to see if others can provide a scoring spark.
DD88
AG
Obligatory

Thanks Obama.
Method Man
He had Caruso's/House's Aggies going to the final four IIRC
Aston04
AG
The coach has to worry about balancing egos/team dynamic. From what I've heard, Davis likes playing with Rondo... Even though team +/- is far better with Caruso. Vogel's gotta try to wins games- but keeping Davis happy is a must too.

Caruso is also one of those less obvious players that should be on the court- because he "just" does all the little things to help win (in the right spot consistently on defense, setting good picks, boxing out to help someone else get a board, etc)... I think it's easy at times to overlook that- especially maybe to a teammate that likes seeing his buddy play..
SolidRockAg
The little I've got to watch the lakers...it seems like if rondo touches the ball on a posssion then about 85-90% of the time he shoots. Wish AC was a little more aggressive with the ball as all of the people that replace him take a lot of shots
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.