Don't look now, but...

4,113 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Method Man
Indignitas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
...you all have been doing a bang-up job over here. What's more, you managed to time your turnaround perfectly with the wind-down of football season. I mean, we play l$u on the hardwood the night after their football squad plays literally the last game of the gridiron season. Holla!!!!

Hopefully we can hold the swamp kitties to under a hundred at Reed too.
JMJLAW
AG
This squad is not the same team in any way since the start of the season.

As much as I still wish they would work in a man defense- fact is- they are now running their zone effectively. Shifts are fast. Traps are more contained.

Offensively, Gordon and even French have found their stride. Much less standing around. More offensive boards.

It was doomsday the first handful of games but they have my attention again. Hoping Buzz can keep the team energized and focused in doing what they have been doing.
DukeMu
JMJLAW said:

This squad is not the same team in any way since the start of the season.

As much as I still wish they would work in a man defense- fact is- they are now running their zone effectively. Shifts are fast. Traps are more contained.

Offensively, Gordon and even French have found their stride. Much less standing around. More offensive boards.

It was doomsday the first handful of games but they have my attention again. Hoping Buzz can keep the team energized and focused in doing what they have been doing.

The team had my attention, even during their nadir. I wanted to see how Buzz would turn it around. Sometimes less is more. Buzz' objective was to build team unity. Identity. He had to tear them down first and figure out what strategies would work for the team, especially one not blessed with great shooting. It was about possessions.

We're now #15 in 3FG defense and #30 in effective FG%. Combine that with more possessions, and we can win more consistently. That's Buzz' calculus for this team.
Method Man
Indignitas said:

...you all have been doing a bang-up job over here. What's more, you managed to time your turnaround perfectly with the wind-down of football season. I mean, we play l$u on the hardwood the night after their football squad plays literally the last game of the gridiron season. Holla!!!!

Lamest thread in history? Holla!
Indignitas
AG
Method Man said:

Indignitas said:

Oof. But I understand...being a hoops fan at A&M must be a lot like being a fan of soccer, or, say, the metric system, a lot of places in the US. I mean basketball/soccer/SI is internationally embraced & beloved, and it's much more exciting/evolved/gender-equitable/etc. than football/imperial units. If there were just more forward-lookng/open-minded/etc. people around here, things would change for the better.

But, deep down inside, I admire your principled stand. And, hey, just because I like football the best, and A&M is a football school, doesn't mean I don't appreciate & support Aggie hoops. Meaning, we're on the same team, bro...lighten up.
Tobias Funke
AG
What the hell is this thread
expresswrittenconsent
Indignitas said:

Method Man said:

Indignitas said:

Oof. But I understand...being a hoops fan at A&M must be a lot like being a fan of soccer, or, say, the metric system, a lot of places in the US. I mean basketball/soccer/SI is internationally embraced & beloved, and it's much more exciting/evolved/gender-equitable/etc. than football/imperial units. If there were just more forward-lookng/open-minded/etc. people around here, things would change for the better.

But, deep down inside, I admire your principled stand. And, hey, just because I like football the best, and A&M is a football school, doesn't mean I don't appreciate & support Aggie hoops. Meaning, we're on the same team, bro...lighten up.

Bizarre that the way your brain works is that anyone who posts here isnt a fan of Aggie football.
Method Man
I don't care who likes what but it's just a lame post.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.