Weekend Hoops 1/11

2,885 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by LawHall88
CapCityAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Baylor up 13 at AFH with Kansas only scoring 24 in the first half.
CapCityAg89
AG
Fighting Turgeons already with a loss.
CapCityAg89
AG
Auburn blowing Georgia out at home.
Leander - Ag
AG
Baylor athletics is rolling in all sports. Extremely frustrating
Gap
AG
Just 4 weeks ago, Ohio St. was #3 in the nation and receiving votes for #1. Now they are 1-4 in conference play and in 13th place only ahead of Northwestern.
miller0926
AG
Baylor looks freaking good. Did I hear that commentator correctly when he said they didn't have their first turnover until 11:00 in the 2nd half?!
DukeMu
miller0926 said:

Baylor looks freaking good. Did I hear that commentator correctly when he said they didn't have their first turnover until 11:00 in the 2nd half?!

5-0 now against Top 25.

Their best team since Elite Eight 2010 squad. Probably better.
LawHall88
AG
Baylor wins at Kansas.
Clemson wins at North Carolina.

Black is white. Up is down.
Method Man
Ole Miss up 68-66 over Arky with 4:14 left
CapCityAg89
AG
Arkie now up 72-70. One minute left.
CapCityAg89
AG
Breaking: isiah Joe is ****ing good.
miller0926
AG
We might have a better NET than the Heels tomorrow. My gosh, what a disaster.
CapCityAg89
AG
LSU State is a really weird game. LSU running around out of control on defense and it's got state totally confused. 12-0 run for State and a return run by LSU. Ugly basketball.
Gap
AG
MS State just scored to go up by 1 with 4.6 left.
wacarnolds
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

LSU State is a really weird game. LSU running around out of control on defense and it's got state totally confused. 12-0 run for State and a return run by LSU. Ugly basketball.

Great finish
CapCityAg89
AG
What an ending. State got Aggied by a last second LSU shot. Brutal.
Gap
AG
LSU with an amazing shot at the buzzer to win.
Pumpkinhead
AG
I hate LSU so much (and slimeball Wade).
LawHall88
AG
Missouri is blowing out Florida.
Chuck Gay
AG
That LSU shot reminded me of the Starks game winner at Alabama for us. Both being really difficult desperation shots.
LSU Baseball Fan
LSU just won a game where we shot 2-21 from 3 (and also missed a bunch of free throws). Don't think I've ever seen that.

We're a weird team this year. Coming in, everyone expected this team to shoot well from 3, but struggle at rebounding inside. Instead, we're surprisingly good inside, but suck at 3-pt shooting, like today.

We had some frustrating losses early in the season, but they're playing much better the past few games. Players are settling into their new roles. I expect we'll make the tournament in the 5-8 seed range and maybe win a game or two. Last year's team had a bit more raw talent, but this team is a bit deeper and more versatile, I think.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Leander - Ag said:

Baylor athletics is rolling in all sports. Extremely frustrating

No Doubt in my mind that Their football team would have gone like 3-5 in conference if playing in the SEC this season.

But great story that they were the 2nd tallest midget in that crappy football conference. Matt Rhule at least cashed in on it.

Their basketball team is legitimately good though.
Pumpkinhead
AG
LSU Baseball Fan said:

LSU just won a game where we shot 2-21 from 3 (and also missed a bunch of free throws). Don't think I've ever seen that.

We're a weird team this year. Coming in, everyone expected this team to shoot well from 3, but struggle at rebounding inside. Instead, we're surprisingly good inside, but suck at 3-pt shooting, like today.

We had some frustrating losses early in the season, but they're playing much better the past few games. Players are settling into their new roles. I expect we'll make the tournament in the 5-8 seed range and maybe win a game or two. Last year's team had a bit more raw talent, but this team is a bit deeper and more versatile, I think.

I am sorry, but while Wade is a very good coach, he is a slimeball. That LSU didn't cut loose from him says a lot about how wins mean everything.

Just like Karma eventually caught up to Pitino, maybe it will eventually get Wade.
bobinator
AG
i'm late into the board today, but Baylor should probably be #1 right?
DukeMu
bobinator said:

i'm late into the board today, but Baylor should probably be #1 right?

Zags
Duke
Baylor
Auburn
miller0926
AG
Yep, Baylor is up to 1 in NET. It would be a toss-up right now between them and Duke for the overall number 1.
Gap
AG
We are up to 124 in the NET ratings this morning. Next up for us is 29 LSU. Winning a game like that could really propel us upward. and why not, we are playing some good ball right now.
bobinator
AG
It's a little surprising to me that there aren't more games on Sundays these days.
expresswrittenconsent
bobinator said:

It's a little surprising to me that there aren't more games on Sundays these days.

Pac12and acc do it a little bit but you sacrifice saturday content to make it. But your post reminded me of when we (early big12 melvin era) had a home game on super bowl sunday that tipped off around 3pm.
mazzag
AG
9-7 Purdue is beating #8 Michigan st 71-42, at home.
Proposition Joe
Purdue was one of those teams that had the talent to be Top 10 but hasn't played like it.
LawHall88
AG
Oregon St. up 14 over Arizona with 5 minutes to play.
Tango_Mike
expresswrittenconsent said:

bobinator said:

Pac12and acc do it a little bit but you sacrifice saturday content to make it. But your post reminded me of when we (early big12 melvin era) had a home game on super bowl sunday that tipped off around 3pm.
Nobody can see you be terrible if they're at home watching the super bowl. Wally Groff playing eleventy-d chess!
LawHall88
AG
South Carolina stuns Kentucky:
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.