Beer at Reed

2,591 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BKR88
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, it appears Reed Arena will be selling beer and wine starting January 18th.
jagged
AG
That might give people something good to do in the first halves of games when we are putting up 15 points.
greg.w.h
AG
Revenue pays the coach's salary...
Broncos
jagged said:

That might give people something good to do in the first halves of games when we are putting up 15 points.
Drown our sorrows the first have and be extra-rowdy the second. It seems like a winning formula.
bobinator
AG
Kind of annoying it's only on Saturday games but I guess it's a start.
greg.w.h
AG
My guess is Saturday is when they believe they will have enough to bother to test it. I also doubt the argument that it keeps people from drinking before the game is salient in basketball due to relative paucity of tailgating.

I don't have an opinion other than reminding that $Bill Byrne once said money is the oxygen of intercollegiate athletics...
johnnyblaze36
AG
Well it's about time.

Adam87inSA
AG
Broncos said:

jagged said:

Drown our sorrows the first have and be extra-rowdy the second. It seems like a winning formula.
BINGO
Complete Idiot
If it would help get people out and making some noise they should be sold for $1 as well.
Zman91
AG
greg.w.h said:

My guess is Saturday is when they believe they will have enough to bother to test it. I also doubt the argument that it keeps people from drinking before the game is salient in basketball due to relative paucity of tailgating.

salient, paucity - huh ?

I come to Texags so I don't have to google the meaning of the words I am reading
PatAg
AG
Do you chug everytime we hit a 3 , or miss a 3?
bobinator
AG
If everyone chugs every time we miss a three we could buy a new arena in no time.
greg.w.h
AG
Zman91 said:

greg.w.h said:

salient, paucity - huh ?

I come to Texags so I don't have to google the meaning of the words I am reading

You're welcome.
old yeller
AG
Zman91 said:

greg.w.h said:

salient, paucity - huh ?

Looks like someone got a thesaurus for Christmas
hunter2012
AG
bobinator said:

If everyone chugs every time we miss a three we could buy a new arena in no time.
We would also need to buy a new a new arena in no time.
Callate Donnie
old yeller said:

Zman91 said:

greg.w.h said:

salient, paucity - huh ?

Looks like someone got a thesaurus for Christmas
I'm guessing word-of-the-day calendar.
BQ_90
AG
Complete Idiot said:

If it would help get people out and making some noise they should be sold for $1 as well.
yea, not gonna happen.
Broncos
Who wants to buy me a beer at Reed on Saturday?
BKR88
AG
ok
BKR'88
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.