Predictions for upcoming tournament

2,596 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bobinator
Isaih Smollett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Will we beat Harvard if we only have last night's roster?
Post removed:
by user
Pumpkinhead
AG
machine20 said:

Will we beat Harvard if we only have last night's roster?

Lose to Harvard IMO if missing all those players.
TopoTacos
AG
I like our chances vs Harvard, fortunately they don't look like one of the best Ivys this year and I think Nebo is just too physical and dominant down low.

Would reeeeeaallly love to get one of our guards back healthy though.
bobinator
AG
MyNameIsKyle said:

I expect an eek-out win vs Harvard, on the basis of talent disparity, but they likely get beat handily in the subsequent game.
I'll be moderately surprised if Harvard isn't a slight favorite, and I'd expect us to battle with Temple.

If none of our guards are back Maryland would likely destroy us though.
Method Man
How's Sparks' rehab coming?
greg.w.h
AG
I don't think his suspension is over so do you mean injury rehab or his OTHER rehab???
expresswrittenconsent
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart.
Method Man
Enough Tom foolery
polander ag81
Will there be a halftime climate change sit in protest?
agsalaska
AG
Somebody tell me who the second game is against Winne/loser without me googling it.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
bobinator
AG
You couldn't piece together Maryland and Temple from my post?
agsalaska
AG
Apparently not
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
miller0926
AG
Gut feeling: L to Harvard, L to Temple, W over Fairfield Sunday.

Granted, I have no clue about any of these teams except for Maryland who is killing it right now. But these last 2 games we've looked pretty terrible.
Con Spirito
These are the first round match-ups

First Round, Top Half:

1. #5 Maryland vs Temple (10 a.m. CT ESPN2)
Temple has two really good players, but not much depth after. They are 4-0 and have scored exactly 70 points in three of them. Maryland is the Big Ten's best team after Michigan State, but the Terps haven't been tested yet. Maryland's Best Player: Jalen Smith, 6-10 So. (14.4/9.4). Temple's Best Player: Nate Pierre Louis, 6-4 Jr. (leads team in pts, reb, asst, blocks & steals). Prediction: Maryland wins 81-70

2. Texas A&M vs Harvard (12:30 CT ESPN2)
Harvard (4-2) is the Ivy League favorite and Tommy Amaker is a great in-game coach. A&M has no depth in the front court and is not close to full strength but will bring just enough fire power to eek out a win. Harvard's Best Player: Bryce Aiken (25 ppg). Rose Colored Glasses Prediction: Buzz finds a way and A&M wins 50-47.

First Round, Bottom Half:

3. USC vs Fairfield (3:00 CT ESPNU
USC (5-1) is a middle of the pack Pac-12 team with a win at Nevada and a loss at home vs Temple. Fairfield was picked dead last in the MAAC pre-season poll and are 1-4. USC's Best Player: Onyeka Okongwu, 6-9 Frosh (19 pts, 9 reb). Fairfield's Best Player: Jesus Cruz, 6-5 Jr., (18.2/4.4/3.0) Prediction: USC wins 82-58

4. Marquette vs Davidson (5:30 ESPN2)
Marquette had some major off-season player losses but brings back Markus Howard, a treat to watch. The Eagles are 4-1; they beat Purdue and lost to Wisconsin. Davidson is 2-3 with losses to Auburn, Charlotte and Wake. Marquette's Best Player: Markus Howard, 5-11 Sr. (21.4 ppg). Davidson's Best Player: Their three guards. Prediction: Marquette wins 71-63.
phorizt
I'm not even sure about Fairfield now that I see Jesus is their best player. I hear Buzz and Jesus are close and we saw how hard it was for him to coach against someone he is close to vs Troy.
bobinator
AG
Yes but Jesus should secretly be cheering for us since we already defeated Cross.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.