What changed in the second half?

3,024 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bluecat_Aggie94
ironmanag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The first half was some of the worst offensive basketball I have ever seen.

The second half we looked completely different. It was far from perfect, but something changed and we started playing.

I know almost nothing about the finer points of the game, what changed?
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Mark French
Method Man
I couldn't tell because ESPN's stream was so bad I had no idea what was happening.
GrayMatter
AG
Kennedy like mentality in the first half; we played tentatively, tight and we were in our heads.

The 2nd half, we played loose, with purpose, passion and much better movement.

Savion really really needs to be more aggressive. It really concerns me that our walk-on had more passion than a guy who should be leading this team because of his talent. So far, I'm disappointed in his production this year.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Actual coaching at halftime
Gap
AG
French scored 12 points in the 2nd half on 2-4 3-pointers. The rest of the team was 0-7 shooting from 3 in the half. Kudos to Mark French for his great performance.
Wicked Good Ag
GrayMatter said:

Kennedy like mentality in the first half; we played tentatively, tight and we were in our heads.

The 2nd half, we played loose, with purpose, passion and much better movement.

Savion really really needs to be more aggressive. It really concerns me that our walk-on had more passion than a guy who should be leading this team because of his talent. So far, I'm disappointed in his production this year.

That wasn't Kennedy level bad. It was worse than that.
Isaih Smollett
did you watch 2013-14?
phorizt
machine20 said:

did you watch 2013-14?
In the worst half of non-conference basketball of the Kennedy era we scored 19 points vs North Texas. UF that year was equally bad but that was a top 5 team on the road we were playing too.

We've had back to back to back games of 3 of the worst halves of basketball we've ever seen. And then we play decent in the 2nd half. Really strange.

Even in Melvin's 0-16 season we only had 1 game like this and that was the 16th conference game when everyone had pretty much quit already and we were playing a really good OSU team.
EliteZags
AG
I think we almost upset Mizzou before that and were getting ready to storm the court for 1st conf win, or maybe I'm thinking of the year before where we actually did beat them and like 12 of us stormed the court and danced like idiots in front of the cameras with some of the team
Double Diamond
Yeah the SEC needs to end these steaming games. ESPN is so far behind on making this work. Couldn't hardly see.
CypressAg09
AG
Method Man said:

I couldn't tell because ESPN's stream was so bad I had no idea what was happening.
Come on man, there was 16 whole pixels. How many do you need?
Method Man
64!
greg.w.h
AG
Double Diamond said:

Yeah the SEC needs to end these steaming games. ESPN is so far behind on making this work. Couldn't hardly see.
You don't know bad. The 12th Man Productions prior to ESPN was very spotty video quality. But I watched the games in Iowa that way anyway and paid for the privilege.

The production values and quality still need some work (sound on soccer games is AWFUL most games.) I think they can solve most of it by production watching the streams through both a commercial internet provider and a phone just to see how it's working.
bobinator
AG
How was the stream so bad? Normally it's pretty good.

I'd think at soccer it's probably an equipment problem, but the SECN+ games work pretty well for me for basketball and baseball.
Mikeyshooter
AG
bobinator said:

I'd think at soccer it's probably an equipment problem, but the SECN+ games work pretty well for me for basketball and baseball.
Agreed. Haven't had a problem.
expresswrittenconsent
bobinator said:

Likely user error.
bobinator
AG
I was wondering if something changed, I'm a local so the only game I've watched at home this year was ULM when I was sick but that game it seemed to work fine.

What kind of setups are y'all using?

I watch through the ESPN 'channel' on Roku.
GrayMatter
AG
bobinator said:

me too.

Are you guys using Wi-Fi or direct connection?

I recently updated my Roku just so I could hard wire it. Makes a big difference. Hardly any buffering at all.

The picture gets grainy every now and then, but generally decent quality.
expresswrittenconsent
GrayMatter said:

bobinator said:

me too.

I recently updated my Roku just so I could hard wire it. Makes a big difference. Hardly any buffering at all.

unless your router is really old you should be getting better signal from wifi than LAN for several years now.
Streaming content isnt something new. ESPN isnt bad at this. Tens of millions of Americans get all of their TV this way. Its a fully baked, proven concept.
Ag_EE_88
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

GrayMatter said:

bobinator said:

me too.

unless your router is really old you should be getting better signal from wifi than LAN for several years now.
Streaming content isnt something new. ESPN isnt bad at this. Tens of millions of Americans get all of their TV this way. Its a fully baked, proven concept.

No one should ever choose wifi over an ethernet cable if they have a choice. Ask any gamer.
greg.w.h
AG
bobinator said:

The streams at soccer likely are equipment. But things like audio and scoring bugs are pretty inconsistent early in the school year so I figure it's training/production that needs to have a better QA approach.

Doesn't matter what they see there. It's what is output and received.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
To get back to BASKETBALL...

Seemed like stepped up defensive intensity in the second half, and an offensive emphasis on getting the ball inside.

Doesn't always take a major change in what you are doing to get a major change in the result.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.