I get the rebuild, but...

4,690 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by trackaggie76
Post removed:
by user
Aston04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bk left a very weak roster. Be patient.
gigum
AG
That was not a serious reply
Bachelor99
AG
thank god buzz loves texas a&m cuz I cant believe why any proven coach would want to coach here....pathetic fan support, no talent roster, and decent facilities...
Texas A&M
Bachelor99 said:

thank god buzz loves texas a&m cuz I cant believe why any proven coach would want to coach here....pathetic fan support, no talent roster, and decent facilities...
Scoring 17 points in a half doesn't exactly lend itself to great fan support.
lbasham
AG
McNeilly, Gordon, Starks, out. Simmons gone.8 non walk on players, our other returnees not performing is currently an equation for limited success.It will take time.
Scarborough Ag
Aston04
AG
gigum said:

That was not a serious reply
Sums up exactly the problem and the solution. The roster is really bad. Buzz has a track record of building programs. Be patient. Bk screwed us at the end.
Scoop monster
Why in the world did we not keep wheeler?! Guy has played great for Georgia so far.
AggieHoopsGuy
AG
The roster lacks talent and size. Buzz said in a recent presser that he hopes the team has a middle school level understanding of the offense by conference play.
czar_iv
AG
Gordon and Starks need to get back .... pronto
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
Method Man
Bachelor99 said:

All coaches are mercenaries. They all act like they love you but mostly they want the money and best jobs.
gordo97
AG
Method Man said:

Bachelor99 said:

All coaches are mercenaries. They all act like they love you but mostly they want the money and best jobs.

This.... it's not like Buzz isn't outta here if one day an elite program gives him a call
fieldtrailer
AG
Coaches also want to feel loved. Between the behind the scenes stuff with his hiring, and a fan base that doesn't have that warm fuzzy feel about all this....

Didn't he say the school made it clear they fully support him as long as he does it within their rules? I bet that kennedy BMA is getting his say.
Adam87inSA
AG
fieldtrailer said:

Coaches also want to feel loved. Between the behind the scenes stuff with his hiring, and a fan base that doesn't have that warm fuzzy feel about all this....

Didn't he say the school made it clear they fully support him as long as he does it within their rules? I bet that kennedy BMA is getting his say.
explain
TyperWoods
BK needed to go, but in fairness he had some highly rated recruits coming in that decommitted when his employment was terminated, did he not?
Gap
AG
I think the expectation was we needed to add a grad transfer big man to what BK had returning between the guys already here and recruiting class to be expected to be in the top tier of the SEC and a NCAA tourney team. Expectations would have gone even higher if we had then landed the guard from Kansas that BK and our assistants had a good relationship with.
HotardRat
AG
fieldtrailer said:

Wtf
Captain Pablo
AG
They are saying Buzz does not have the support of the administration and some boosters

I've heard that Sharp was against the BK firing, And that firing caused a lot of friction between Sharp and Woodward

And yes, Kennedy had the support of one or two boosters, that were probably the primary reason why he not only stayed employed for so long, but why he got the ridiculous extension he did

Who knows. Believe what you want
Captain Pablo
AG
Bottom line for me ....

I am ecstatic about the Buzz hire. I have all the confidence in the world in his abilities and desire

I have little confidence in A&M admin giving Buzz the support he needs to succeed

As for the boosters? We'll see...
Pumpkinhead
AG
Captain Pablo said:

Bottom line for me ....

I am ecstatic about the Buzz hire. I have all the confidence in the world in his abilities and desire

I have little confidence in A&M admin giving Buzz the support he needs to succeed

As for the boosters? We'll see...
Buzz had less support at Virginia Tech when he arrived there than he does here. There is nothing about that situation in Blacksburg that was better than what Buzz is facing here. He was making less money, was a hoops program in awful shape, worse facilities, was a football school with few hoops fans, was a harder basketball conference.

It worked out okay. Buzz knows how to make lemonade out of lemons.
Pumpkinhead
AG
The biggest concern I personally have is 1) Starks suspended, 2) McNeilly in boot (for how long?), and now Gordon in boot (and Buzz said last night 'From what I know it doesn't look good'). And hopefully Miller isn't now going to be out for awhile.

Without those 3 guards, we simply are not going to be able to win much. Sure, through sheer effort & will we can scrape by a Troy at home, but we are toast if we are missing all of those guards.
Adam87inSA
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

The biggest concern I personally have is 1) Starks suspended, 2) McNeilly in boot (for how long?), and now Gordon in boot (and Buzz said last night 'From what I know it doesn't look good'). And hopefully Miller isn't now going to be out for awhile.

Without those 3 guards, we simply are not going to be able to win much. Sure, through sheer effort & will we can scrape by a Troy at home, but we are toast if we are missing all of those guards.
100% correct.

And if rumors re lack of support for Buzz from admin are true, shame on our administration
BQ_90
AG
the AD for the most part haven't supported MBB, well, ever
Tobias Funke
AG
Adam87inSA said:

Pumpkinhead said:

100% correct.

And if rumors re lack of support for Buzz from admin are true, shame on our administration

We are basing this on some vague conspiracy-sounding posts from a poster I've never seen on this board before. Until he actually shares something of substance, I wouldn't worry about it.
bobinator
AG
To the OPs question, we definitely are thinking too much, but I also don't think we look less athletic than our opponents. We just look less sure of what we want to do a lot of the time.

It was also annoying how handsy the refs let the game get last night before they finally started calling all the fouls late. Everyone was grabbing all over the court and there's no way either team will get away with that later in the season.
Proposition Joe
It should concern people a bit that we keep falling back on this "we don't know the offense yet" and "it's taking time to learn but we'll get there".

We've had 2 months of practice. The offense shouldn't look this lost.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Main thing I learned last night in terms of 'admin support' was apparently we need to build a locker room that is a lot closer walk to the court so that Buzz will actually use it during halftime.

Adam87inSA
AG
No kidding
expresswrittenconsent
Proposition Joe said:

It should concern people a bit that we keep falling back on this "we don't know the offense yet" and "it's taking time to learn but we'll get there".

We've had 2 months of practice. The offense shouldn't look this lost.

Weird to think the fans should be concerned with what other fans are saying. Especially fans who ignore the reality of injuries.
GrayMatter
AG
Captain Pablo said:

If this is true and Buzz either leaves for greener pastures or is canned, I'm done with this program.
HotardRat
AG
GrayMatter said:

Captain Pablo said:

If this is true and Buzz either leaves for greener pastures or is canned, I'm done with this program.
WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE EVEN GIVING THIS BULL**** ANY CONSIDERATION????

STOP CREATING RANDOM ASS STRAWMEN
Gap
AG
So stupid. We are paying Buzz like he is a premier coach and check out the size of his basketball staff compared to the past (hint it is a lot bigger). Those checks are being cashed. We are invested.

What is left besides him recruiting and coaching and fans deciding they want to come and see the product?

Buzz is certainly more eclectic and cerebral than many coaches we have had before and are currently on campus. I wanted a fast turnaround with a quick finished product. He will get us there. Our roster isn't exactly what we need and we have some injuries. A little patience is going to be required.
Aston04
AG
Captain Pablo said:

They are saying Buzz does not have the support of the administration and some boosters

I've heard that Sharp was against the BK firing, And that firing caused a lot of friction between Sharp and Woodward

And yes, Kennedy had the support of one or two boosters, that were probably the primary reason why he not only stayed employed for so long, but why he got the ridiculous extension he did

Given the timing of Woodward leaving A&M- it makes complete sense. Otherwise, if one is SW, why bother upgrading A&M's basketball coach when you are planning on leaving in a month? The logical route would be to keep the good ole boy in place as you plan your exit to LSU. Let A&M keep a worse coach.

Things must have deteriorated rapidly around that time. Most likely it was related to the basketball firing.

Gap
AG
Aston04 said:

Captain Pablo said:

Given the timing of Woodward leaving A&M- it makes complete sense. Otherwise, if one is SW, why bother upgrading A&M's basketball coach when you are planning on leaving in a month? The logical route would be to keep the good ole boy in place as you plan your exit to LSU. Let A&M keep a worse coach.

Things must have deteriorated rapidly around that time. Most likely it was related to the basketball firing.

Umm. That was in process long before Woodward left.

And would anyone want to hire Woodward if his thought processes were as unprofessional as you want it to be?

Where do I get the tinfoil for the excuse makers to wear?
greg.w.h
AG
The notion that Sharp opposes putting in the effort to elevate basketball to a true money generator flies in the face of the SEC strategy to improve the value at ESPN's recommendation of our basketball programs at each school.

Why? The basketball season has more games and can generate more revenue than football and all of it...every single penny...is additive. You don't and can't diminish SEC football by emphasizing basketball. And Sharp understands that. So more likely is his concern about Woodward's spend is remembering the $16 million loan and being concerned about getting too far ahead of a fan base that is fickle about basketball.

I suspect the commitments to the conference office included upgrades in coaches. I doubt seriously the subject of Kennedy would have been directed by the conference. So it almost certainly was an internal political decision. The suggestion that there was disagreement by Sharp in terminating sounds unlikely unless Sharp lost a lot of power recently. His last visible misstep was the Perry Admin rename and that was a while back. I think Sharp agreed to the Kennedy termination and the Willians hire but wanted more specifics and visible execution on making it pay and didn't care for Woodward's answers.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.