Lot of crying

4,493 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bob Harris
Double Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zags are very good. Hope many of you crying jump off the bandwagon. Because Buzz will have this team pissing off some SEC teams late in the year.
Double Diamond
People saying they aren't going to games due to this effort. Guess what the team isn't very good yet. Gonzaga is. And all the grad transfers in the world isn't fixing that.
Bob Harris
Buzz is going to do things that have never been seen before on a basketball court at A&M. Freaking out over this game may be the dumbest thing this fanbase could do. The things this guy has done and said already should have every student and alum scrambling to buy season tickets now. Have faith people.
GE
AG
I like the new lover
Pumpkinhead
AG
GE said:

I like the new lover

Just a warning Ben, being message board Sunshine Pumper is a much heavier weight on the shoulders than Pot Banger. It is a huge responsibility and can wear one down. But agree with GE, like the new look.
CapCityAg89
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

GE said:

I like the new lover

Just a warning Ben, being message board Sunshine Pumper is a much heavier weight on the shoulders than Pot Banger. It is a huge responsibility and can wear one down. But agree with GE, like the new look.

Lover - you may want to reassess your posting if the three of us agree with you completely.
halfastros81
AG
Agree that no one should be distraught over this outcome. We don't have all of the pieces in place and the program is very much in transition. I expect we will see this team get better and better thru the season and could be giving legit contenders fits by season's end. Gonzaga is a legit Top Ten team with excellent talent and coaching and the players have been getting drilled on the system for yrs rather than months. I expected a big loss and in no way does that mean I'm
Not on board with Buzz and his process. It's a proven program and it's going to work in a big way. Perfect fit I believe but it will take some time.
Double Diamond
Just wanted a good coach.
Method Man
Is there a lot of crying?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Method Man said:

Is there a lot of crying?

Ben Lover says so.
TAMUallen
AG
There isn't any crying but I say it'll take 2 more years till Buzz has a tourney team.
greg.w.h
AG
I'm content with where we are. I'm less than overwhelmed by where we are. The two thoughts fit in the same head.

If our only loss were Zags, well, that would prove they are that much better. But they merely are good and very well coached right now if the game we saw is indicative. I suspect they are more talented, will get better, and will go deep in the NCAAT. But for the first 10 minutes I felt we could play with them.
Proposition Joe
I was less concerned with the Gonzaga game than I was with the Louisiana Monroe game. Though I do feel like those first good 10 minutes against Gonzaga we benefited from the refs basically letting everyone play. Seemed we were overly-aggressive and got away with a lot.

Gonzaga could very well be a Final Four team so if they dominate us it might not really be that big an indicator.

LA Monroe squeaked by Alcorn State and got handled with ease @MissSt (a team that is predicted to be near the bottom of the SEC like we are).

Yes, we pulled away once Nebo entered in the 2nd half - but I still don't feel like a Nebo-less A&M should be down 8 at the half at home against ULM.

I was hoping for an 9-9ish conference team that was in the bubble talk late, but right now we look a whole lot more like a 6-12 team again.
Wicked Good Ag
The first ten minutes were weren't weaving outside the three point line near as much and waiting for the shot clock to get down to single digits
MMantle
AG
Agree completely, yes, Gonzaga was good, but we weren't very impressive in our first two games either.

RR
Double Diamond
Bet this A&M team looks real different come February.
MMantle
AG
I hope you're right, DD, but there's not a whole lot of talent out there right now.

i.e., there's only so much a coach can do.

RR
GE
AG
Double Diamond said:

Bet this A&M team looks real different come February.
I bet so too
GE
AG
MMantle said:

I hope you're right, DD, but there's not a whole lot of talent out there right now.

i.e., there's only so much a coach can do.

RR
There is enough talent to make some noise in the SEC. I think these players are still doing way too much thinking about going through the correct motions to be in the right place at this point that they aren't able to play full out.
Bunk Moreland
I think Buzz is also letting the team figure out who they are by themselves a little. A new coaching regime is a 2 way street.

He in a way is letting the guys figure out amongst themselves who the go-to players will be, who is going to lead in times of duress, who will step up and make the big shot. He's not going to decide for them. Instead he's going to focus early on effort. Once the team more or less "shakes out" this winter, my guess is he'll begin to start adjusting to the strengths and masking the weaknesses.
halfastros81
AG
THIS.

They have been getting trained in the system for a few months. They are basically learning on the fly. It will get progressively better as they gain experience. Most likely the Ags are not gonna Dance this yr so just watch for incremental improvement .
Proposition Joe
Everyone seems to be very cautious with how they see us come conference play. "Make some noise"... Yeah, we're going to compete most nights, but the SEC is also pretty mediocre this year.

It's going to be a struggle to be 0.500 in conference play.
zooguy96
They're actually getting coached now. It's great to see Buzz talking about percentages, etc... stuff we never heard under the previous regime. Attention to detail matters. I believe we'll see the evidence of it come conference.

Were you great at riding a bike the first time you tried? No, but later, you got better. Same thing here.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
NoahAg
Proposition Joe said:

Everyone seems to be very cautious with how they see us come conference play. "Make some noise"... Yeah, we're going to compete most nights, but the SEC is also pretty mediocre this year.

I'll take the way under. Granted, I've only watched about 10 minutes of Aggie basketball so far, but this does not look like a good team. Hopefully Buzz pulls in some talent the next couple of years.
Know Your Enemy
AG
NoahAg said:

Proposition Joe said:

I'll take the way under. Granted, I've only watched about 10 minutes of Aggie basketball so far, but this does not look like a good team. Hopefully Buzz pulls in some talent the next couple of years.

I've barely watched and I know nothing about the rest of the conference but I'm going to make a prediction on how this team will do. Classic TexAgs.
NoahAg
Bookmark it. I hope I'm wrong.
Callate Donnie
TexAgs 3:16

"And, the forum of the roundball,
once thought decades prior to be of even keel,
will digress into the mania of the oblong ball fandom."

And, behold, the prophecy has been fulfilled.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Zags currently up 1 at halftime at home against UT-Arlington.
Bob Harris
Great show on ESPN right now about Coach K's start at Duke. Some of y'all should watch it....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.