Winner Announced for Gift Card to The Warehouse

1,479 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by txag10
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Congrats to TNAg76! Here's his winning answer:

Arkansas - 1975. The line to get in was past the old swimming pool and almost to Welborn Highway. The overflow was watching in Rudder. Sutton got 2 technicals, and I believe, Dave Goff hit the game winner with a couple of seconds left to win 62-60. G. Rollie was really rocking that night, with the entire Aggie Band rattling the walls. Great memories of 'Jolly Rollie'. Won the SWC that year as well!

Whoop!
The Aggie men's and women's basketball seasons have already rolled out with a bang, and we're looking forward to watching some exciting times at Reed Arena in the near future. Make sure your fan apparel measures up to keep Reed rocking in our NEW basketball arrivals.

Tell us your favorite Aggie basketball memory and you'll be entered to win a $50 gift card to The Warehouse.

The winner will be announced Monday, November 18.

GrayMatter
AG
In 2007, taking down Kansas at the Phog and becoming the 1st team from the Big 12 south to beat Kansas at home.
aggiejohn
AG
The Shot, The UNI miracle, winning in The Phog, The Baptism, etc.

But I really loved the OT win at The Hilton in 2006:
Texas A&M 86, Iowa State 81 (OT)

AMES, Iowa (AP) -- Joseph Jones and Acie Law each scored 17
points and Kenneth White buried two key 3-pointers to lead Texas
A&M past Iowa State 86-81 in overtime Saturday, snapping the
Aggies' three-game losing streak.

Texas A&M (12-4, 2-2 Big 12) outscored Iowa State 11-2 down the
stretch, as White and Josh Carter hit 3-pointers on back-to-back
possessions to give the Aggies an 82-79 lead with 54 seconds left.

Curtis Stinson turned the ball over on Iowa State's next
possession, and Texas A&M iced the game by hitting four free throws
in the final 43 seconds.

Iowa State (12-6, 2-3) led by as much as 10 late in the first
half before the Aggies rallied.

With 34.6 seconds left in regulation, Rahshon Clark missed the
back end of a one-and-one, and White hit his first basket of the
day -- a 23-footer with 17.7 seconds left -- to tie the game at 73
and send it into overtime.

White's 3-pointers were the only shots he took all game.

Texas A&M went 10-of-16 from the field to open the second half
and tied the game at 54. The Aggies never led during second half.

Iowa State outscored the Aggies 28-14 over the final 13:15 of
the first half to turn a seven-point deficit into an eight-point
halftime lead. The Cyclones jumped ahead 25-23 with a 13-4 run and
extended their cushion to 40-32 by the break.

Stinson scored 19 points in the first half, including 15 of Iowa
State's last 22.

The Aggies buried their first four 3-point attempts, led by a
pair from Chris Walker, to take an early 19-12 lead.

Stinson led Iowa State with 27 points, and Jiri Hubalek added
16. Antanas Kavaliauskas scored 15 for Texas A&M and Carter chipped
in with 11.
bobinator
AG
Overshadowed by the shot, but the 2005 win over Texas and the court rush was awesome. That wasn't a "we're here" moment, but it was definitely a "we're on the right track" moment
Method Man
Nebraska comeback. Josh Carter for 3.
AggieTFA06
AG
The Shot vs tu- personally stormed the court myself.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Snowball12
AG
The Shot game against Texas has to be one of my favorite Aggie games I've ever watched obviously because of the win but also the intensity of the whole game. I think Gillispie's post-game comments capture what I enjoyed so much about it.
Quote:

I've never been involved in a game where every person brought that amount of energy on the floor on both sides. It was a great atmosphere... You talk about effort, teamwork, and trying on both sides. There weren't any easy shots.
Bunk Moreland
The Shot - danced with BCG and had media rip my hands off the LSS trophy. What's going to beat that?
jeremy
AG
The shot BJ hit over Nebraska.
expresswrittenconsent
Bunk Moreland said:

The Shot - danced with BCG and had media rip my hands off the LSS trophy. What's going to beat that?

Any dude who dated D'nika Romero during her playing days?
Method Man
jeremy said:

The shot BJ hit over Nebraska.

Colorado?
Tango_Mike
Peckerhead's shot from downtown Denver to beat Colorado
Game blouses
The Shot
The Baptism
Win at the Phog
BD doing 5OT work
Crushing Ohio State at the Garden
Acie vs Durant 2OT
The Comeback
jeremy
AG
Yes, Colorado!! My bad. My memory often confuses that one with Josh Carter's shot against Nebraska and Dash's Cookie Monster dunk.

All the best memories are taken.
Uncle Jimbo
We may not have gone to the NCAA tournament in the following years if these shots don't happen. Huge momentum wins for at-large bids:

2005 - Acie, duh
2009 - Josh Carter buzzer beater in Lincoln to beat Nebraska
2011 - BJ lets his boulders hang in Boulder to send it to OT
BKR88
AG
I've had season tickets since 05 and I've seen some great games over the years. I live in Austin so driving back and fourth seemed long but always enjoyable. But, there's no question and it should be no debate that the comeback against UNI is without a doubt the best. I got to witness the highs and lows of what was the biggest comeback in NCAA basketball history. We were on edge in the arena and honestly seeing it in person was an unbelievable experience. It was surreal and I'm still unsure how it happened. It was one for the ages.
BKR'88
rlb28
AG
Nathan Walkup hits 3 to send Aggies past Arizona:

"There's nothing like a walk-off. I get a lot of credit for the Arizona game sophomore year. It was a big shot, and then I realized that was my only three-pointer for the game. Derrick Roland and Sloan led the way for that game. It was a glorified moment. I loved it. It was awesome. It was cool to be on SportsCenter, and then we moved on to the next game. It'll always be one of my favorite memories."

Aggies wallop Horns 100-82:

"COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Josh Carter scored 24 points and Acie Law added 21 points and 15 assists to lead No. 6 Texas A&M to a 100-82 victory over Texas on Monday night.

The win was the Aggies' 21st straight at home, and it left them in sole possession of first place in the Big 12.

Kevin Durant had 28 points for the Longhorns (16-7, 6-3 Big 12), but the Aggies finally found some scoring punch to go with one of the nation's stingiest defenses -- and that was too much for Texas and its super freshman.

Texas A&M (20-3, 8-1) led 69-63 when Law hit the court hard and had to be helped to the locker room, biting his jersey in pain because of an ailing leg. The record crowd of 13,196 chanted "A-cie! A-cie!" as he left the court."
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Baylor came to CS undefeated in 50 or 51 lead by one point with seconds to go.

Jewell McDowell brought the ball up just past the mid line - looked up at the clock

- shot as gun went off- ball went through like it was on a string ! Win !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
TyperWoods
Arkansas at the holler house on the Brazos. Halftime. Teams come out to warm up. In the stands, a beachball is being tossed around, as is a frisbee. It was a close game. Someone throws the frisbee toward the top of the stands. It curves lazily, over everyone's outstretched hands. Down, slowly, still curving. Nolan Richardson is standing, arms crossed, watching his team warmup. The frisbee zeros in nails Richardson in the back of the neck. Totally an accident He rubs his neck, turns and give the stink eye to the crowd, and complains to the ref. They talk to Shelby, he takes the Mike, "Please don't throw anything on the court, but yell like hell for the Aggies! ". If I remember correctly, we upset the Hogs.
Method Man
jeremy said:

Yes, Colorado!! My bad. My memory often confuses that one with Josh Carter's shot against Nebraska and Dash's Cookie Monster dunk.

All the best memories are taken.

We are here for you.
txag10
txag10
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.