Mike White

6,514 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Proposition Joe
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Woof.

Guy continues to do less with more. Offense looks absolutely brutal and defense is lazy.
DukeMu
Blackshear should have stayed with Buzz.

16 TOs for UF.

Hopefully, Buzz learned his lesson about zone D in the 2nd half of the NW St game - we're going to shock a few teams.
DukeMu
Proposition Joe said:

Woof.

Guy continues to do less with more. Offense looks absolutely brutal and defense is lazy.

A lot of matador defense, particularly in transition.
Proposition Joe
I get a lot of new players, lot of young players blah blah... But it looked like they hadn't practice any kind of offensive sets.

Final score was actually a little deceiving.... FSU was probably 20 points better than the Gators.
MarcAg
AG
Florida will finish top 2 in the conference and be a top 5 seed in the tourney.
Proposition Joe
MarcAg said:

Florida will finish top 2 in the conference and be a top 5 seed in the tourney.

Finishing 2nd in the SEC isn't going to be all that difficult with the amount of talent they have.

Tennessee, Auburn and LSU are all fringe Top 25 teams at best.

The will out-talent some teams, but Mike White teams don't typically get better as the season progresses like a Calipari team does.

Bookmark it for March -- there regular season and ncaa tournament performance will be considered by most to be a disappointment.
MarcAg
AG
Will an elite 8 be a disappointment?
war hymn aggie
AG

Glad that we landed Buzz but wished that we had landed White 3-4 years ago when he whipped us as the coach of La Tech.

He seems like a very solid coach.
94chem
Judging teams in mid-November is a bad idea.
Proposition Joe
Gators lose @UConn, drop to 2-2.
Deputy Travis Junior
94chem said:

This is a continuation of 2 fairly underwhelming seasons, the 2 NCAA 1st round Ws notwithstanding.

If he misses the NCAA this year, he's in danger of getting canned.
expresswrittenconsent
In danger? Way to go out on a limb.
Deputy Travis Junior
Hah I don't follow Florida basketball. Didn't know a lot of people already thought he was in hot water
Pumpkinhead
AG
White has proven to be a solid basketball coach, he just probably isn't the next Billy Donovan as Florida fans hoped.

There is actually a chance that Florida may play UCONN a second time on November 24th, depending on how that tournament they are in plays out.

Florida hoops fans definitely restless right now, there were high expectations for this team.
Proposition Joe
He's been to the second weekend of the NCAA Tournament once in his coaching career.

He's finished ranked in the AP Top 25 twice - the highest being #20 (3 years ago).
wacarnolds
AG
Quote:

If he misses the NCAA this year, he's in danger of getting canned.
lol
Proposition Joe
94chem said:

Florida down 9 with 9 minutes left in the first half @ Missouri.

That's the closest they would get the rest of the game.

Absolutely dominated by a bad Missouri team.

Is mid-January late enough to start acknowledging this guy isn't a very good coach?
Method Man
Pumpkinhead
AG
Auburn starts out 15-0 and rises to #4 ranking. then gets blown out this week in 2 consecutive games, losing by 19 to Bama and then by 22 to Florida.
94chem
Proposition Joe said:

94chem said:

Is mid-January late enough to start acknowledging this guy isn't a very good coach?

Let me repeat myself, since you seem have the need to spike the ball on a straw man: Judging teams in mid-November is a bad idea.

I said nothing about Mike White. But while we're on the topic, I suppose you think that Roy Williams is a bad coach. You do know who he is, right?
Proposition Joe
94chem said:

Proposition Joe said:

94chem said:

Let me repeat myself, since you seem have the need to spike the ball on a straw man: Judging teams in mid-November is a bad idea.

I said nothing about Mike White. But while we're on the topic, I suppose you think that Roy Williams is a bad coach. You do know who he is, right?

So you posted in a Mike White entitled thread "judging teams in mid-November is a bad idea" and you're taking offense that it was bumped in mid-January when the struggles were still apparent?

And then counter with a Roy Williams example like there is any world where Mike White's resume even sniffs Roy's?

Oh and then condescendingly ask if I know who he is?
TXAggie2011
AG
It seems to me you started this thread after they lost to a Florida State team that is now worked its way up 9th in the country.

I can't decide how good a coach I think Mike White is, but in retrospect, that FSU game isn't looking like the one that should be sending anyone over the edge about Mike White.

At least not right now. Which just further reinforces the point that these yearly "pick a coach and talk about him when he loses" threads always are never very pleasant or friendly.
Proposition Joe
Or, in retrospect, in early November during the 1st half of the FSU game) I predicted that this Florida team that was ranked #6 in the preseason polls was going to once again grossly underachieve.

And here we are a little over 2 months later and they sit un-ranked and just now finally getting back into the Top 40 of the NET Ratings.

If one doesn't care, that's fine. But it's rather silly to pop into the thread and act like it hasn't been spot-on as we pass the mid-point of the season.
Hop
Staff
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Or, in retrospect, in early November during the 1st half of the FSU game) I predicted that this Florida team that was ranked #6 in the preseason polls was going to once again grossly underachieve.

And here we are a little over 2 months later and they sit un-ranked and just now finally getting back into the Top 40 of the NET Ratings.

If one doesn't care, that's fine. But it's rather silly to pop into the thread and act like it hasn't been spot-on as we pass the mid-point of the season.

I mean, you are doubling down on this argument the day after Florida whipped the No. 4 team in the nation and is 4-1 in the SEC. Maybe both of you should acknowledge that the jury is still out on this one, and reconvene in mid-March and see where things stand.
DukeMu
DukeMu said:

Blackshear should have stayed with Buzz.

16 TOs for UF.

Hopefully, Buzz learned his lesson about zone D in the 2nd half of the NW St game - we're going to shock a few teams.

Blackshear is kenpom's #1 player in the SEC. The main reason for Florida's resurgence.

#2 in defensive boards. Top 10 in offensive boards 82.4% FT; gets to the line a lot. Does not turn the ball over much.

UF is not a great shooting or scoring team, overall. Doesn't get a lot of steals. Pretty meh without Blackshear.

He would have been a game changer for us this year in a physical SEC. smh
Proposition Joe
Hey guys is the jury still out on this one?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.