Joseph Jones inducted into A&M Hallf of Fame

4,519 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Battered.Ag
wacarnolds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Congrats to an Aggie great who helped build something special for a lot of people.

wacarnolds
AG
wtf is Hallf
Method Man
Well deserved. A legend.
Bones08
AG
He gave me many great memories during my time in college. Hearing this news this makes me nostalgic.

Well deserved. Congrats to Joseph!
expresswrittenconsent
Loved watching this man play!
HometownAg22
AG
Dude is a legend
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
Correct me if mistaken, but I think it was him who acknowledged that he made himself sick and vomited out of nervousness before almost every game he played. Even at that level of play. Great player!
Know Your Enemy
AG
THE PRIDE OF NORMANGEE
expresswrittenconsent
BennyBlancoFromTheBright said:

Correct me if mistaken, but I think it was him who acknowledged that he made himself sick and vomited out of nervousness before almost every game he played. Even at that level of play. Great player!

Kind of weird that out of all the great things he did here you celebrate his nervous stomach. But yeah, that is pretty rad and admirable, because sometimes I also throw up.
LawHall88
AG

Bill Russell did the same thing, FWIW.
EKG1996
DukeMu
wacarnolds said:

Congrats to an Aggie great who helped build something special for a lot of people.

Hell yes!

The Man from Normangee.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AggieTFA06
AG
One of my favorite Aggie basketball players.

To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
94chem
Loved the way he would seal defenders on the block, take the entry pass, and make the little 3 footers off the glass. He was a great player coached by a great coach. Would have played many years in the NBA if the knees had held up.
bobinator
AG
No doubt an all-time great. Happy for Joe.

Also it's been cool that he's had a long basketball career even after A&M. Some people on here act like he was on a walker trying to get up and down the court his senior year but he was able to play hoops for a long time.
crbongos
AG
Congratulations to the Normagee Tractor! Great memories from Joe Jones. Awesome player.
CRBongo
gdjudge19
AggieTFA06 said:

I remember this game. We had a neighbor who was an Okie Lite grad, so every year we'd drive up from Cypress for the A&M/OSU game with my dad ('86). In 2005, they got us by around 6 or 7 I believe. But I'll always remember that shot. Since I wasn't there for "THE SHOT", this became the big Aggie Basketball moment that's stuck with me. I was 10 at the time, and was already pretty dead set on A&M being the coolest thing ever, but that atmosphere at Reed and Gillispie really drove that point home. So of course, it was pretty nostalgic for me this past weekend at Kyle when they announced Jones as a HOFer. Sadly, none of the other students around me really knew about him...

Also, bring back the T Star logo. That thing was badass.
wacarnolds
AG
AggieTFA06 said:

Kyle Keller appearance at 0:54, rocking some white gators
94chem
Favorite has to be the Tweety Carter pick in The Baptism game.
StanGundy
Post removed:
by user
JRB78
stretch248
Did it in high school too. State championship game we weren't sure he was gonna make it out after the half. Great talent and even a better man

N'gee
rwtxag83
AG
I love that guy.

Normangee is a place where you could almost blink and literally miss it, but he rose to some very tall heights with our program. Just as was said - he made everybody else on the team better.

I'm glad he's been able to keep getting paid to play hoops for this long, and I'm very proud to see him be given this honor.
Greater love hath no man than this....
Bunk Moreland
The Double J
PatAg
AG
It's just crazy how you can watch clips from games in this 6-7 year period of time, and we have a great atmosphere that we developed.

athletic dept should be ashamed for what they let happen
phatbc
FAT SEXY said:

I always remember him from this game.. added some 3's at crucial moments.. Big man showing off a little perimeter game.

one of my fondest moments as a sports fan was following this team. Was great being a student back in those days.
DukeMu
AggieTFA06 said:

That was excitement.
Aston04
AG
DukeMu said:

AggieTFA06 said:

That was excitement.
..and it's coming back!!
AggieTFA06
AG
PatAg said:

It's just crazy how you can watch clips from games in this 6-7 year period of time, and we have a great atmosphere that we developed.

athletic dept should be ashamed for what they let happen
As someone who attended many basketball games since 2004, Billy Kennedy slowly killed this team and my interest in Aggie basketball. Buzz is bringing back my excitement.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
EXCELL
The guys that should be ashamed and ran the program into the dirt aren't around anymore, but the damage they caused lingers on.
EXCELL
Joe was a great athlete and a true gentleman.
He well deserves his induction.

The PRIDE of Normangee.
kyledr04
AG
Loved watching him and the teams from that era. Met him a restaurant in Madisonville a couple years ago. Great guy.
t - cam
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Kind of weird that out of all the great things he did here you celebrate his nervous stomach. But yeah, that is pretty rad and admirable, because sometimes I also throw up.

Relax, it was brought up nearly every Big game we played over that time period. It was a funny anecdote.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.