986 total transfers

2,376 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Class of 65
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's the latest figure I see. Deshawn Corprew (non-qualified at A&M to South Plains to Texas Tech to ???) is the latest one.
greg.w.h
AG
Sounds healthier than coaches and schools controlling athletes.
Mikeyshooter
AG
greg.w.h said:

Sounds healthier than coaches and schools controlling athletes.

Healthy isn't exactly the term I would use.
TXAggie2011
AG
It may or may not be healthier, but I wouldn't call it healthy. Set aside the negative implications for the quality of the college game; basketball already has a problem graduating kids even though there are very limited opportunities to make any real money playing basketball afterwards. Transfer athletes are even less likely to get a degree than non-transfers.
greg.w.h
AG
It's healthier because schools should not control athletes.
agsalaska
AG
Wow. Thats a BIG number,
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Bobcat-Ag
What's the %? How many total athletes are there? I have no idea if that is a big number because there are so many schools.
GrayMatter
AG
Bobcat-Ag said:

What's the %? How many total athletes are there? I have no idea if that is a big number because there are so many schools.
There are 351 D1 Basketball programs and 525 junior college basketball programs for a total of 876. I'm sure there are other avenues so I'd say that the number isn't alarming.
agsalaska
AG
I didnt realize it included JUCO.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
greg.w.h
AG
Even if just D1 it's about 3 per.
Pumpkinhead
AG
greg.w.h said:

Yep, between 2-3 transfers per D1 college team per year now seems to be the norm.
agsalaska
AG
greg.w.h said:

That's the math I was doing, and that seems like a lot to me.

Dont get me wrong, I don't really have a problem with it.
Tango_Mike
GrayMatter said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

There are 351 D1 Basketball programs and 525 junior college basketball programs for a total of 876. I'm sure there are other avenues so I'd say that the number isn't alarming.
and another 320 D2 programs
and another 440 in D3
rlb28
AG
agsalaska said:

I didnt realize it included JUCO.
It's just Division I
greg.w.h
AG
12 on the bench. On average 2-3 seniors if they all stayed put. With about the same juniors, and sophomore. Usually more underclassmen and fish get the leftover spots.

5-8 play a lot. 2-3 might get some time. Add that up and you have a minimum of one potential transfer with max spread around of pt and other reasons.

And some D1 schools are stepping stones schools for players.

Baseball is far worse. For good reasons.
gordo97
AG
Who cares.... regular students can transfer whenever they want.... why shouldn't student athletes be treated the same
Class of 65
AG
Mostly because they are failing in their current university.
E A DANNHAUS Class of 65
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.