Ticket Sales? - texas game in December

4,318 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Battered.Ag
Callate Donnie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SIAP - Anyone have an idea when they go on sale? Dickie's Arena site saying "will go on sale at Ticketmaster.com at a later date."
Tobias Funke
AG
Ticket release date
Callate Donnie
Ya. That.
TrojanMan
AG
Whenever 'A later date' might be. lol

Lone Star Showdown
Artimus Gordon
Somebody's going to pay up to $200 to watch a preseason, nonconference basketball game at a neutral site? I guess they are appealing to the more money than brains crowd! I will be shocked if it is anywhere close to sellout!

Good luck with that!

Legal Custodian
AG
This will be a sellout, no doubt about it. Especially with it being one of the first sporting events in a brand new arena. There's a lot of Fort Worth people with zero ties to either team that have already expressed a ton of interest in going. Not to mention a ton of DFW Ags that will go.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Preseason?
Artimus Gordon
Basketball doesn't start at A&M until the students get back for the spring semester. Prior to that no one pays much attention.
Craigy
What is Preseason about this game?
expresswrittenconsent
Artimus Gordon said:

Somebody's going to pay up to $200 to watch a preseason, nonconference basketball game at a neutral site? I guess they are appealing to the more money than brains crowd! I will be shocked if it is anywhere close to sellout!

Good luck with that!

Shocking that a 60+ yr old poster from the politics board would think basketball tickets cost too much, and that since he cannot afford them, anyone who buys them must be stupid.
Artimus Gordon
Preseason: everyone knows that basketball doesn't start at A&M until the spring semester. Paltry crowds in nov & dec have been the norm since the BCG era. Yet let's have a game with sip in Fort Worth. That makes perfect sense. If I want to be gouged on ticket prices at least let it be in reed arena. If the game draws like you say it would in FW it would be better played in college station.

Affordability is not the problem as I have been to 3 ark/A&M games in Jerry world over the years. Not doing that again. I see the sip/aggie basketball game in FW as nothing more than an extension of the Jerry world football game. High prices for a game that would be much better off at the local sites. Playing TCU in FW in this new facility would make more sense.

As someone said on a football thread, "it's not
Like the "old" days"!
Proposition Joe
$25 tickets ($15 for kids) are high prices?

Yes, you won't be able to sit front row for this one at $25 (though if you're in the market for some front row seats let me know, mine are for sale), but it's priced correctly for a rivalry match-up in a beautiful new arena in a large alumni base for both teams.
expresswrittenconsent
We are so very fortunate to be playing in this high school gym.
The kids and fan bases definitely prefer another barnstorming tour like its the 1940s rather than playing in BCS or Austin.
Proposition Joe
I think everyone prefers home/home, but if you haven't noticed that is not the way collegiate athletics has been heading.... Money talks.

Even so, this "high school gym" is 10x nicer than both the arena in CS and Austin... though that's not saying a whole lot.
Tobias Funke
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

We are so very fortunate to be playing in this high school gym.
The kids and fan bases definitely prefer another barnstorming tour like its the 1940s rather than playing in BCS or Austin.

we get it. You're not going.
expresswrittenconsent
Proposition Joe said:

I think everyone prefers home/home, but if you haven't noticed that is not the way collegiate athletics has been heading.... Money talks.

Even so, this "high school gym" is 10x nicer than both the arena in CS and Austin... though that's not saying a whole lot.

Nicer yet you're on here hawking your tickets like the car payment is due.
Callate Donnie
Wow. This thread filled up with vitriol much quicker than I thought it would. Some of you must be really unhappy with life. Bummer.

Maybe context will help. My dad has cancer and wants to go to this game. He lives in Fort Worth. I highly doubt he considers watching A&M play texas (in any sport, really) a waste of money. Mahalo.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Artimus Gordon
Sorry to hear about your Dad, Donnie. Y'all go and enjoy the game if that will make him happy. Prayers for him and what he and y'all are having to deal with. That journey brings back painful memories for me!

Thanks Prop Joe for the offer but I have no idea where I will be that weekend. Most probably not anywhere close to Fort Worth and I wouldn't drive There to see that game if I was home. After all, Dec 7th is SEC championship day and we don't have that many weekends before Christmas to travel!

greg.w.h
AG
I think the Dickie's Arena is a good upgrade for the Stock Show. It's pretty modest in fact. And likely will be a very good year-round event center that complements the nice but aging Fort Worth Convention Center and Bass Performance Hall. That it is dedicated to the Will Rogers Memorial Center location and leaves the Coliseum with its singular, Art Deco styling by Wayne Hedrick intact is excellent.

I'm a fan of Fort Worth. I hope as it continues to grow that our school continues to resemble its laid back, gateway to West Texas sensibilities.
TXAggie2011
AG
The club level, suites, and midcourt LED scoreboard are exactly what my high school gym looked like. We even got George Strait to play a weekend of concerts to help us christen it.
zag213004
AG
Presale code on ticketmaster for tu:

The mascot of the opposing team "****h***s"

If you know of anyother presale codes post'em

$35 each
zag213004
AG
Presale code on ticketmaster for tu:

The mascot of the opposing team "****h***s"

If you know of anyother presale codes post'em

$35 each
Callate Donnie
Regular sale begins on Friday at 10:00 am.

So many tickets already gone to pre-sale. Geez.
texas_aggie09
AG
It's kind of sad the whole mightier than thou attitude we've taken on as of late.

I get it, we hate the former rivals and for many, we never want to give them the time of day ever again, in any sport.

But it's so unbecoming to act like we are too good for the Longhorns or the arena in FT Worth. We haven't proven anything and yet here we are, acting like we are Gods gift to the world. Which is never something I would associate with being a Texas Aggie.

But anyways, if I purchase presale with the code in the UT prstale section, does this mean I will be in the UT section? Last thing I want is to be surrounded by sh*t Orange all game.

#SawEmOff
/m\
Fightin Texas Aggie Class of 2009
A-WHO9P!

"For all us Longhorns to discount A&M in our neverending rivalry, we need to realize one thing. Aggieland is a special place with special people" -UT Student Body President Eric Opiela '99 in rememberance of the Aggie Bonfire tragedy.

#BTHOHateinAggieland
Callate Donnie
A&M presale already sold out (unless I'm reading that wrong).

Tickets already on the secondary market and going for 5-6x face. Got some decent seats through the longhorn presale just in case.
greg.w.h
AG
texas_aggie09 said:

It's kind of sad the whole mightier than thou attitude we've taken on as of late.

I get it, we hate the former rivals and for many, we never want to give them the time of day ever again, in any sport.

But it's so unbecoming to act like we are too good for the Longhorns or the arena in FT Worth. We haven't proven anything and yet here we are, acting like we are Gods gift to the world. Which is never something I would associate with being a Texas Aggie.

But anyways, if I purchase presale with the code in the UT prstale section, does this mean I will be in the UT section? Last thing I want is to be surrounded by sh*t Orange all game.

#SawEmOff
/m\
Just stand the whole game...
JJxvi
AG
Callate Donnie said:

A&M presale already sold out (unless I'm reading that wrong).

Tickets already on the secondary market and going for 5-6x face. Got some decent seats through the longhorn presale just in case.
My suggestion to this thread...undr no circumstances pay 5-6 times face
Callate Donnie
Never, my man. Well...maybe if the Ags were in the national title game in football.
Battered.Ag
AG
oh man... I cannot wait for this game
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.