Hayden Hefner

10,667 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by phatbc
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Class of 2020 SG from Nederland.

Know Your Enemy
AG
Chris Collins replacement?
LawHall88
AG
Junkhead said:

Well, he has offers from OU, Houston, and Texas among others.
Duck Sausage
AG
Much better than Collins
Mikeyshooter
AG
Junkhead said:

Don't be an a$s...
Bunk Moreland
If we're comparing him to white guys... Similar size at this point to Caruso. He has the hops but currently needs that extra step to get there. AC was probably hoppier at this point in HS but he shares Alex's ability to handle the ball, pass well, and be explosive to the hoop. Might have a better shooting stroke than AC at this point as well.

There's your top level white guy : white guy analysis based off watching 1 highlight video. Feel free to support my efforts by donating to my Patreon account.
PhatMack19
AG
He's from my hometown, so I've watched him play a lot. Great kid, great athlete. Needs to get stronger and get more consistent on his shot. Very fundamental and does everything right. Not real flashy, but next thing you know he has 30 points.

Know Your Enemy
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

Junkhead said:

Don't be an a$s...

You've been around long enough to know better than to expect that.
CypressAg09
AG
Looks like a slightly less athletic Caruso that could be a better shooter in college.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Recently took an official visit to Oklahoma and unofficially visited A&M and UH.

Any player that Lon Kruger, Buzz Williams, and Kelvin Sampson are willing to give a scholarship to is good enough for me.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Junkhead said:

Mikeyshooter said:

Junkhead said:

Don't be an a$s...

You've been around long enough to know better than to expect that.

Lol. Darby Rich will hunt you down!
Know Your Enemy
AG
I TAKE IT ALL BACK!
AggieHoopsGuy
Stoopkid
AG
Hugh's boy?
Method Man
Good Aggie kid from a good Aggie family.
AggieEP
I came here wanting to see all of the comparisons to Collins and Caruso and wasn't disappointed.. Only thing missing from this thread now are Beau Muhlbach, Logan Lee, Chris Walker, Nathan Walkup and .... why not Andy Slocum just to make sure we're all the way covered.

But seriously, hope the kid can ball for us and make a name for himself in Aggieland.
Tobias Funke
AG
If he shows up on campus Slocum's size, we've got a story on our hands
Conner4real
AG
CypressAg09 said:

Looks like a slightly less athletic Caruso that could be a better shooter in college.
I actually think he's a better jumper than Caruso was in high school.
CDub06
AG
More hair too.
Bassmaster
AG
Forbritisheyesonly said:

CypressAg09 said:

I actually think he's a better jumper than Caruso was in high school.
No doubt, he does.
Tango_Mike
Tobias Funke said:

If he shows up on campus Slocum's size, we've got a story on our hands
I regularly saw Slocum in the Rec Center gym. The fact that it was never an open "story" baffled me even as an 18 year old
94 Killer
AG
This kid takes good angles and uses the glass well. Nice little euro step in the making.
Aston04
AG
AggieEP said:

I came here wanting to see all of the comparisons to Collins and Caruso and wasn't disappointed.. Only thing missing from this thread now are Beau Muhlbach, Logan Lee, Chris Walker, Nathan Walkup and .... why not Andy Slocum just to make sure we're all the way covered.

But seriously, hope the kid can ball for us and make a name for himself in Aggieland.
It's bound to happen when the past staff let a D-3 level (white) player be a rotation guy for 3 straight seasons.

I have no doubt this player is much more solid...
Pumpkinhead
AG
Aston04 said:

AggieEP said:

It's bound to happen when the past staff let a D-3 level (white) player be a rotation guy for 3 straight seasons.

A few other natural comparisons to Caruso on top of the obligatory 'white player' similarity.

This kid is a 6'5" SG recruit...just like Alex was. And apparently has a 'jack of all trades' aspect to his game like Alex.

Logan did some Hefner/Caruso comparison this morning, and said he thinks Hefner may be a bit stronger finisher than Caruso was at the rim - because he tends to jump with both feet than one-foot jumps, and a better shooter, than Caruso was coming out of high school.

Caruso shoes are super big shoes to try to fill though.

And Hefner doesn't have 'former ball boy' on his resume as far as I'm aware.
mdanyc03
AG
Aston04 said:

AggieEP said:

Wait, what? Because we had a walk on playing, then people were bound to compare him to a highly recruited prospect because.... both are white? And have nothing else in common?

Am I missing something?
Hop
Staff
AG
mdanyc03 said:

Aston04 said:

AggieEP said:

Wait, what? Because we had a walk on playing, then people were bound to compare him to a highly recruited prospect because.... both are white? And have nothing else in common?

Am I missing something?

No, you aren't missing anything.
bobinator
AG
Yeah it's the "You white? Then you Ben Affleck" of the basketball board. As set forth in the days of our forefathers, white players can only be compared to other white players. Those are the rules.
Tango_Mike
bobinator said:

Yeah it's the "You white? Then you Ben Affleck" of the basketball board. As set forth in the days of our forefathers, white players can only be compared to other white players. Those are the rules.
I yearn for the days of peace and harmony when we can compare all basketball players to Kyle Lowry
mdanyc03
AG
bobinator said:

I get that. Unfortunate but I get it. I have no problem with the Caruso comparisons. Just the whole extra level of "we played a walk on therefore we compare a highly recruited prospect to a walk on" seems pretty weird.
bobinator
AG
I think now maybe we're through the looking glass on what Junkhead clearly intended as a joke.

Nobody is actually comparing him to Collins...
Know Your Enemy
AG
bobinator said:

I think now maybe we're through the looking glass on what Junkhead clearly intended as a joke.

Nobody is actually comparing him to Collins...
Yeah, I was joking but if I didn't post that I'm afraid someone would have seriously made that comparison.
mdanyc03
AG
I took junkheads comment as a joke. I was referring to Aston's comment which was the one I replied too. But you are correct there weren't many, or any, other comments seriously making the comparison.
bobinator
AG
On a real note, I do think white players, especially guards, have a higher bar as recruits for fans to get excited about them which is kind of annoying.

Hell most of our fans underrated Caruso even while he was here.
bobinator
AG
Yeah that's kind of what I meant by 'through the looking glass.' It started with Junkhead's post and nobody actually compared them, but you had levels of "came here for the comparisons" and then "comparisons are inevitable" but without any actual comparisons.

It's a classic message board straw man.
general ulysses
AG
Went to hs with his dad and head coach who both played in that same dome. They were our two best players in HS. Nice to see him commit to us.

Best of luck to the young man and I hope he makes us better.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.