How do you rate Buzz's first 100 days?

17,260 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DukeMu
sonnysixkiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A+ good times are coming!
gigum
AG
Assistant coaches selection Grade "C", Did Buzz do a national search? Was he limited by how much funds were available? IMHO, Buzz could have brought in several upcoming coaching talent assuming funding was available

JJxvi
AG
He had unlimited funds, he just chose to spend it, plus the allowance for a future new softball coach, on bringing in the people he already had with him at Va Tech.
aggiejohn
AG
Double Diamond
I can't explain the happiness I feel. The frustration is over. Even if the team has struggles. I know Buzz is a good coach.
Double Diamond
Assistants in hoops are different than football. Buzz is so hands on. Never had high profile guys. I don't expect Buzz to jump into the dirty waters with highly shady recruit first assistants.
ssolari94
EllisCoAg
zooguy96
CactusThomas
AggieTFA06
greg.w.h
AG
aggiejohn said:

He's trolling us.
swc93
DukeMu
Pumpkinhead said:

In terms of next year's expectations:

- We went 6-12 last season. And that was with having to play notable minutes to walk-ons Collins and French at times.
- The roster this year is clearly better than the roster last season. The best vets who played last season except for Mek are returning (Starks, Nebo, Chandler, Flagg, Mitchell). We essentially lost Mek, Mahan, and Walker (and Collins if you want to count him) in exchange for Buzz's recruits Andre Gordon, Quenton Jackson, Yeezy Gultekin, Jonathon Aku, Cassius McNeilly, and Bakari Simmons. That's 6 incoming and 3/4 outgoing. Obviously a lot more depth to work with. I don't count losing Gilder cause he didn't play last year anyways.
- The schedule...it is Buzz's first season and the SEC has gotten harder but there will still be several games against the likes of Arky, Vandy, and Bama who are also going to be breaking in new coaches.

Buzz brought almost his entire staff over from V-Tech. His track record is clearly better than Kennedy. Barring a lot of injury issues (particularly maybe to Nebo) and just no 'buy-in' from Kennedy's players, I really think 9-9 (about a .500 conference record) isn't unreasonable to hope for. Why can't Buzz win 3 more conference games than Kennedy did last season, given that Buzz will have a better roster than BK did? I think he'll have a decent shot to.

I'm not sure how much Buzz' recruits will play this year...but that starting lineup returning is going to feel the accountability in PRACTICE. They're going to be pushed and challenged to the best they can be. When called upon during a game, the noobs will provide hard playing minutes - no dropoff.

Perimeter defense will be cranked up to 11. Force the other team to make mistakes.

DukeMu
Double Diamond said:

I can't explain the happiness I feel. The frustration is over. Even if the team has struggles. I know Buzz is a good coach.

EFFORT

Gonna be there. Every minute.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Twitter B+
Recruiting D-
Costa Rica Sea Urchins A+
Actual Basketball that matters incomplete
Aston04
AG
Double Diamond said:

Yup. The flip side of this made enjoying the good times so much harder the last 8 years.
MidTnAg
AG
Judging by his recruiting so far, it is apparently going to be a slow steady progress.
Potential recruits are probably waiting to see how we perform on the court.
gigum
AG
Based on performance, recruiting and retention of returning team members, I need to revise my grade to C-.
Ags2013
AG
C- seems right at this point. Everyone is injured and our best player transferred.
LihaiAg06
Double Diamond
Starks was never the best player. My lord some of you are just not watching.
gig them
AG
Has anyone else noticed the happy birthday messages that are like decades off?

Surely this has to affect his first 100 days ranking
EconAg18
AG
gigum said:

Assistant coaches selection Grade "C", Did Buzz do a national search? Was he limited by how much funds were available? IMHO, Buzz could have brought in several upcoming coaching talent assuming funding was available

I'm confused, do you think we are not providing enough funding for Buzz and his assistant coaches? Man if only we had a larger payroll, right?
ColoradoMooseHerd
DukeMu
Double Diamond said:

Starks was never the best player. My lord some of you are just not watching.
Addition by Subtraction.

That Mojo is returning...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.