Question for Logan

5,587 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JJxvi
gigum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Logan,

Trying to catch up with this year's team assuming that they are preparing for their upcoming summer games.

Surprised that more info is not available by this time. Most discouraging is that both TexAgs and
TAMU rosters have not been updated?

Is this intentional, lack of staff, or lack of interest?

Would appreciate your insight

Thanks
rosstradamas70
AG
I think we have games coming up in just a week or so - so we should see some sort of update fairly soon!
I hope!
ross skillman 70
mdanyc03
AG
It's intentional. Our opponents can't prepare for us if they don't know who is on the team.
Class of 65
AG
OR WHO THE ASSISTANT COACHES ARE.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Logan replied to a similar question on Premium a few weeks back, and his take was essentially that Buzz is super busy this summer building his program and providing info to update internet pages apparently isn't a priority to him.
gigum
AG
If it is the head coach responsibility to update Rosters then "Aggieland we have a problem"
bobinator
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Logan replied to a similar question on Premium a few weeks back, and his take was essentially that Buzz is super busy this summer building his program and providing info to update internet pages apparently isn't a priority to him.
What a ridiculous response.
SECNetworkAg
Surely thats not the case, can't be hard for someone in the admin to take care of that
gig them
AG
Sorry guys, the cafeteria is out of Salisbury Steak. We'd order more, but Buzz is busy building the program.
aggiejohn
AG
I would encourage you (and all Aggie basketball fans) to listen to the podcast linked below:

Buzz did a somewhat amazing thing when coming to Aggieland in that he reportedly moved (and therefore replaced) the entire basketball staff from Va Tech to TAMU; from coaches down to secretaries. As such, the SID for Men's Basketball is still getting finalized and that is the reasoning behind the lack of information provided to the masses. (Buzz also doesn't apparently go out of his way to provide much to the press)

Personally, I like this "bunker mentality" and I think it'll result in Aggie basketball getting better, faster.

[url]https://anchor.fm/myaggienation/episodes/Mike-Barber-on-Buzz-Williams-Andrew-Monaco-talks-Dirk-e3n169[/url]
bobinator
AG
aggiejohn said:

Personally, I like this "bunker mentality" and I think it'll result in Aggie basketball getting better, faster.
I hate the 'bunker mentality.' I also think it's a little questionable ethically to be able to replace everyone in the entire basketball department with people from Virginia Tech.

But whatever. It doesn't really matter as long as we look good on gameday.
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

aggiejohn said:

I hate the 'bunker mentality.' I also think it's a little questionable ethically to be able to replace everyone in the entire basketball department with people from Virginia Tech.

But whatever. It doesn't really matter as long as we look good on gameday.

Ethical? Why do you see this as an ethical situation? Coaches want their people in place. This isn't uncommon.

With the big turnover in the organization, TexAgs also has to hit the reset button on building a line of communication as far as inside information to the program. We didn't know any of this new staff. It takes time to build a relationship and trust level for them to share information about the team.
bobinator
AG
Because we're a public school Hop. I'm not sure I buy that the most qualified person for every single job in our basketball department is the person that was at Virginia Tech. I know that coaches want their people and it isn't uncommon, but that doesn't mean it's not unassailable from an ethics standpoint. But whatever, I'm not going to write to congress about it or whatever.

I also think everyone understands that these things take time. The coaches themselves probably barely know the players and their strengths/skills/etc at this point. I would hope nobody is expecting a point by point breakdown of how we're looking at this point.

But I don't think it's crazy for people to wish that our athletic department's website had like... a list of our current coaches on it.
Method Man
I don't care about these issues. Any of them. Just wanted to share that.0
Tango_Mike
aggiejohn said:

I would be interested to see where a causal link between not updating a fan website and improving basketball exists.
gigum
AG
Hop

Is Logan still on the TexAgs staff?

For some reason, I thought he had a good relationship with our Coach?

Anyone from TexAgs traveling with the team next month?
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

Because we're a public school Hop. I'm not sure I buy that the most qualified person for every single job in our basketball department is the person that was at Virginia Tech. I know that coaches want their people and it isn't uncommon, but that doesn't mean it's not unassailable from an ethics standpoint. But whatever, I'm not going to write to congress about it or whatever.

I also think everyone understands that these things take time. The coaches themselves probably barely know the players and their strengths/skills/etc at this point. I would hope nobody is expecting a point by point breakdown of how we're looking at this point.

But I don't think it's crazy for people to wish that our athletic department's website had like... a list of our current coaches on it.

I wasn't commenting on the athletic department's website. I was responding to your comment that you seem to think a public employee should somehow be protected and grandfathered in their position when the rest of us are subject to market demand and leadership's discretion.
Hop
Staff
AG
gigum said:

Hop

Is Logan still on the TexAgs staff?

For some reason, I thought he had a good relationship with our Coach?

Anyone from TexAgs traveling with the team next month?
No, I don't think TexAgs will be on the trip.
Pumpkinhead
AG
bobinator said:

Has it been mentioned yet that, to finish his clean sweep of the program, Buzz requested TexAgs to replace all of the posters on this board with a list of posters that he provided from Virginia Tech?
gigum
AG
No Logan is no longer with TexAgs or no TexAgs is not traveling with the team??? Or all the above?
Logan is still listed by TexAgs a staff member but as we have noticed rosters and/or staff listings may not be updated.

Isaih Smollett
guess it doesn't matter whether or not the staff contributes. they all thought shawn smith was jordan and that caldwell would take us to the final four
Pumpkinhead
AG
gigum said:

No Logan is no longer with TexAgs or no TexAgs is not traveling with the team??? Or all the above?
Logan is still listed by TexAgs a staff member but as we have noticed rosters and/or staff listings may not be updated.
Logan is still with TexAgs, and Hop stated above that TexAgs is not sending anyone to Costa Rica.
gigum
AG
Thanks for the clarification...
Pumpkinhead
AG
Maybe so, but if Buzz cared much about TAMU's website being updated, it probably would have by now, one way or another even if the hoops SID is currently in flux. Apparently Buzz is in Method Man's boat...he doesn't give a flip about such things right now.
Pumpkinhead
AG
gigum said:

Thanks for the clarification...
No problem. I actually live in Panama City, Panama which is only about a 45 minute flight from San Jose, and have debated doing a quick hop over there to catch one of the games...but all the games are going to be on weekdays apparently which nixed my wife being able to go too or any of the kids who got school, and can't yet seem to get myself worked up enough to travel alone to such a thing without having anybody to hang with.
Know Your Enemy
AG
bobinator said:

Have we confirmed that every single person on staff came from VaTech? And what does it really matter if the website isn't up to date with staff and roster info? I guess the old saying is true. The only happy Aggie is an unhappy Aggie.
bobinator
AG
There's a few things here:

- I was responding to someone who said that everyone all the way to the office administrative staff came from Virginia Tech. I myself didn't personally say that. I have no clue past what's been reported on here.

- I wasn't the one originally complaining, I was just saying that 'he's too busy building a program' is a ridiculous reason for the roster on the website to not be updated. If it's because the person previously in charge of the website is gone and a new person isn't in place yet, that's a perfectly good reason.

- Also I'm not unhappy... I don't care much about all of this, just weighing in since it's the offseason. Like I said, as long as we look like a good basketball team on gamedays the rest if kind of pointless, but mostly pointless discussion is kind of the whole point of this place?
bobinator
AG
Hop said:

I was responding to your comment that you seem to think a public employee should somehow be protected and grandfathered in their position when the rest of us are subject to market demand and leadership's discretion.
This is kind of the opposite of what I really meant, but I guess I can see how it reads that way. I meant it more like each position should be given to whoever the best person for it is, not just whoever it was that did that at Virginia Tech. I in now way meant anyone should be protected or grandfathered, I mean that every position should have multiple interviews/applicants/considerations/etc.

Buzz doesn't seem like the kind of person who 'gool ol' boy' the whole basketball office, so I'm not worried that that was the case, but it's definitely something you see in the coaching ranks sometimes.
8RB8
I think the overlooked aspect in this thread is that anything that is put out there (roster, staff, etc) is done so with the sign off from the HC.

Maybe BW doesn't want to release a full roster until he finalizes a few more of those scholarships, or release the full staff until it is complete and all roles are ironed out.

Don't think the guy who runs 12thman.com just decides to show up to work and do things unless it is at the direction of the b-ball program or their SID (who gets ok from b-ball program).
Pumpkinhead
AG
Yep, if the website isn't updated, it is because Buzz doesn't want it (or it isn't been a priority for him) to have it updated yet.
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

Pumpkinhead said:

What a ridiculous response.

Not sure if you're saying that was a ridiculous response by me or what, but that wasn't my complete comment. I actually added that the team didn't currently have a SID because last year's Sports information Director was no longer with basketball.

After I shared that information, about a week later, a New SID was named for basketball but he was currently on vacation at the time.

I understand nothing is official until the university releases it, but if you're that upset about the info, I've already shared the names of all the assistants and included a complete roster (not including walk-ons).
bobinator
AG
I just found the "essentially that Buzz is super busy this summer building his program and providing info to update internet pages apparently isn't a priority to him" kind of ridiculous.

And not at you, more just in general. I think it's really annoying that college coaches act like every single thing is a state secret.
Pumpkinhead
AG
bobinator said:

I just found the "essentially that Buzz is super busy this summer building his program and providing info to update internet pages apparently isn't a priority to him" kind of ridiculous.

And not at you, more just in general. I think it's really annoying that college coaches act like every single thing is a state secret.
Unfortunately many things I post are ridiculous. Apologies to Logan for my 'Buzz is busy, Buzz don't care 'bout that right now' hot take on what he'd said.
JJxvi
AG
We are so spoiled. The real question people need to be asking themselves is whether or not Buzz has been too busy to mow his yard!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.