More info on trip to Costa Rica (in case you missed it)

2,996 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bobinator
aggiejohn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
[url]https://12thman.com/news/2019/7/5/mens-basketball-texas-am-basketball-to-embark-on-foreign-trip-to-costa-rica.aspx[/url]

Texas A&M Basketball to Embark on Foreign Trip to Costa Rica
Quote:

COLLEGE STATION First-year Texas A&M head coach Buzz Williams gets an early start to the 2019-20 season as the Aggies embark on a seven-day trip to Costa Rica later this summer where the team will partake in multiple community service projects in addition to competition, the school announced Friday.

The international excursion runs from August 4-10 and includes three games against national all-star teams in the capital city of San Jos.

An added benefit of the foreign tour is practice time prior to departure, and it will give Williams and his staff an advance look at the team with 10 practices prior to the start of preseason workouts in October.

Once in Costa Rica, the Aggies open play on Monday, Aug. 5 against the Panama All Stars and then will square off against the Costa Rica All Stars on Tuesday, Aug. 6. A rematch against Panama is slated for Wednesday, Aug. 7. All three games are held at BN Arena in the sport city of Hatillo.

Off the court, the Aggies are partnering with Samaritan's Feet, an organization that serves and inspires hope in children by providing shoes as the foundation to a spiritual and healthy life resulting in the advancement of education and economic opportunities, and will visit two elementary schools. On Aug. 6, Texas A&M joins Special Olympics of Costa Rica where they will hold a basketball clinic. At the events, the team will distribute shoes, socks and t-shirts to the children.
DeangeloVickers
AG
dave99ag
Hop
Staff
AG
I considered making the trip. Prices aren't that bad. Non-stop from Houston around $550. But I'd need a beach scenario for my wife to make it a vacation trip, and the games are all played 3 hours from the coast.
expresswrittenconsent
Hop said:

I considered making the trip. Prices aren't that bad. Non-stop from Houston around $550. But I'd need a beach scenario for my wife to make it a vacation trip, and the games are all played 3 hours from the coast.

Yikes. I imagine the players finding this out shortly after landing.
aggiejohn
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

I imagine the players finding this out shortly after landing.

The PR states "The international excursion runs from August 4-10" so it seems like the trip is front-loaded with games/basketball on the 5th, 6th, 7th and then I suspect they'll go to the Pacific Coast for some proper beach time.
Tobias Funke
AG
On the bright side, I don't imagine there are many sea urchins 3 hours from the coast
bobinator
AG
That's what they want you to think.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.