Lakers Extend Qualifying Offer To Alex Caruso

8,582 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MarcAg
mikesyracuse1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With their current roster, he's going to be their starting PG. A lot could still change. Very happy and proud for Alex

Mikesyracuse1
Mikeyshooter
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

With their current roster, he's going to be their starting PG. A lot could still change. Very happy and proud for Alex

Mikesyracuse1

Pretty sure they signed Rondo.
Olsen
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

Mikesyracuse1

They signed Rondo and Quinn Cook earlier today already. I think Caruso would be 3rd on the depth chart for point guards.
mikesyracuse1
Olsen said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Mikesyracuse1

They signed Rondo and Quinn Cook earlier today already. I think Caruso would be 3rd on the depth chart for point guards.

I expected this response and I'm no nba insider.

I know they have signed rondo, but have been told he will be starting at PG soon as rondo can't do it consistently anymore and his numbers statistically at PG have really fallen. Cook is so poor defensively, you can't hide him. Whatever happens, Caruso should be seeing quality minutes this season.

Mikesyracuse1
LukeDuke
AG
Olsen said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Mikesyracuse1

I'm guessing you didn't watch or follow much Laker basketball last season...

Caruso was WAY better than Ball and Rondo when he played. You'll see and be pleasantly surprised!
Pumpkinhead
AG
Pumpkinhead
AG
Pumpkinhead
AG
Looks like the Warriors may have been one of the teams that made the Lakers have to pay Alex more than the vet minimum.

Method Man
When can I purchase a Caruso jersey?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Method Man said:

When can I purchase a Caruso jersey?

Last year.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Olsen said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Mikesyracuse1

Rondo's 2-year deal is for the vet minimum which is actually a bit less than Caruso's 2-year contract.

So, The Lakers are going to be paying more $ to Caruso to be on the team than Rondo.

In the playoffs, not going to predict the starters but Caruso will at least start several games at PG during the regular season. He isn't going to be a guy sitting way down at the end of the bench. He'll be getting some notable minutes.
Pumpkinhead
AG
wacarnolds
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Rondo's 2-year deal is for the vet minimum which is actually a bit less than Caruso's 2-year contract.

So, The Lakers are going to be paying more $ to Caruso to be on the team than Rondo.

What is the vet minimum for a guy with Rondo's experience?
Pumpkinhead
AG
wacarnolds said:

Pumpkinhead said:

What is the vet minimum for a guy with Rondo's experience?

10+ years experience = about $2.5 million for next season
MarcAg
AG
Lakers signed Avery Bradley today. A lot of competition in that back court. Somebody will get traded by the deadline.

Lakers are saying they are going to start Lebron at PG and Green at SG.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.