Kerry Blackshear to Florida

4,005 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
Crocs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
#1 Grad transfer picked Florida over Kentucky and us
Mikeyshooter
AG
Really???
LawHall88
AG
Wait, what?
Leander - Ag
Agscgu
AG
When did Florida jump in?
jja79
AG
Other than on Texags when did he consider us?
Crocs
AG

oragator
We were his first visit so we were largely forgotten... but he's from Orlando, and we have no proven big men, are top 5 nationally in his major (PR) with a top 5-10 type recruiting class coming in around him, plus Nembhard, Locke and Johnson all back. We will be top 10 preseason with him there, The only downside that was being sold against us is that White hasn't produced much NBA talent yet.
Our insiders had been largely confident for weeks, but every time he visited a new school there was new buzz. I am pretty stoked for next year now. We will finally be fun to watch again,
Mikeyshooter
AG
Congrats Gator fan.
Serious Lee
florida makes the most sense. except for yeah, mike white kinda sucks.
oragator
I have absolutely had issues with White in some respects, but to say he sucks is harsh.

At least 20 wins every year at UF, three straight trips to at least the second round of the tournament now, an elite 8, and next year he will have his most talented roster as recruiting has finally picked up.

Next year is when we will we see how good a coach he is.
Serious Lee
oragator said:

I have absolutely had issues with White in some respects, but to say he sucks is harsh.
notice thats why i said he kinda sucks.
djktamu
AG
Like, since he took his first visit there. Can't say WE were ever in the mix, since he didn't make a visit to CS.
djktamu
AG
Producing NBA talent means recruiting talent. Florida has had marginal top 20 classes in the past. 2019 brings two 5-stars and now Blackshear. Expectations will be on Mike White and his team this year. Sweet Sixteen will be expected, but they should be a championship contender now. Congrats UF on the signing.
Pumpkinhead
AG
unusual recruitment. Blackshear family must have been pretty tight lipped and/or some flip flopping for both local and national recruiting analysts seemingly throwing darts for so long. Welp, was a fun message board story while it lasted. On to the next one.
Tobias Funke
AG
Further validates the idea that nobody on Twitter has any idea what the hell theyre talking about ever
Pumpkinhead
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Further validates the idea that nobody on Twitter has any idea what the hell theyre talking about ever
Naw, case-by-case thing, not a blanket statement. In this case, they clearly didn't have a good feel for it.
Aston04
AG
Just glad he didn't go to UT or UK.
rlb28
AG
Surprising that the board hasn't melted down yet.
bobinator
AG
It was pretty clear that in this case the family wasn't talking to anybody, so all of the 'talk' was from the respective coaching staffs.
GrayMatter
AG
rlb28 said:

That's because in Buzz we trust.
Know Your Enemy
AG
rlb28 said:

Why? I don't think anyone actually expected to get him. We were hopeful but knew it wasn't likely.
rlb28
AG
Junkhead said:

rlb28 said:

Why? I don't think anyone actually expected to get him. We were hopeful but knew it wasn't likely.
You know you're on the Texags site, right? cliff jumpers and BAS live here.
expresswrittenconsent
rlb28 said:

Junkhead said:

rlb28 said:

And when it doesnt there are little chicken littles who run to the board to try and start a meltdown like you just did.
rlb28
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

rlb28 said:

Junkhead said:

rlb28 said:

And when it doesnt there are little chicken littles who run to the board to try and start a meltdown like you just did.
LOL at you.

"trying to start a meltdown." what a feeble attempt I made, too.
bobinator
AG
This board is generally pretty good about not melting down.
Goose
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Tobias Funke said:

Naw, case-by-case thing, not a blanket statement. In this case, they clearly didn't have a good feel for it.
All that means is that if there's enough guesses out there, one or two will probably be correct. Either way, it's awfully difficult to put much faith in any of the twitter predictor types if you don't have any background on where they're getting their information.
BryanAggie03
Heard an idea that he is likely going over seas and won't play another game in college
94chem
Quote:

are top 5 nationally in his major (PR)
That's an afternoon seminar, not a 4 year degree.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.