Texas A&M vs Texas - Fort Worth, December 8th

12,612 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by brandontyler
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tobias Funke said:

$80 each? Sheesh

Sheesh indeed.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
No thanks!!
gig them
AG
And here I was, thinking we could maybe use this game as a chance to expose the sport to a new population before christmas break
Gap
AG
Has there been a time in recent memory involving an A&M neutral site game where the foremost goal wasn't simply for the promoter to make as much money as they could after eyeing A&M's large fanbase as a huge piggy bank. They primary goal of the promoter is never to bring the game to a new market. Why not have the schools be the primary game promoters and price it to cover costs? Does the promoter's pricing add any value to your game experience?
West Point Aggie
AG
A&M should have said home-home or GTFO...

$80 for a stupid BBall game...LOL
West Point Aggie
AG
Proposition Joe
$84 is for a lower sideline seat. If this game was @ Reed on a weekend and you weren't a season ticket holder, you'd either be forced into paying for a mini-plan to get the game or be paying $80+ on the secondary market.

Lower baselines are $55, which I'd bet that if you just wait until the public sale that upper level will be priced ~$35.
bobinator
AG
Yeah I don't get why people ever freak out about ticket prices for these things. There's no way the demand is going to warrant that price, just wait until it gets closer to the game to buy tickets.

Basically they set a crazy high price for all of the big donor folks who are just going to automatically buy them without thinking about it. For the rest of us you can just wait until the event gets closer and they'll usually either mark the prices way down or you can pick them up on stubhub or whatever for way cheaper.

A few years ago we just bought the cheapest seats in the house for that Arizona game in Houston and then they day of the game they had a table set up at the second level where they were exchanging people's upper level tickets for seats in the lower level. We ended up like five rows behind the basket on the baseline.

And if somehow the demand does warrant that price, then good for them.
Proposition Joe
The demand in his case does likely warrant the price. All you are really seeing is the primary ticket market starting to price to what actual market value will likely be (rather than price super cheap and watch the scalpers buy everything and markup).

When A&M plays at Reed on a weekend vs Kentucky or Kansas or Texas, seats in lower sideline 104-106, 120-122 are more than $80... sometimes much more so.

$85 / $55 / $35 is perfect for this game.
bobinator
AG
Maybe, I think there's a big difference between a home game on a Saturday in the spring and a neutral site game on a Sunday in the fall though, even if it is Texas.

I have no problem with the ticket prices is really what I'm saying. If people buy them then great, and if they don't then they'll drop the price or have some kind of deal or whatever.
greg.w.h
AG
Shouldn't we desire our basketball games to be worth $100 per seat on the primary market???
brandontyler
AG
monarch said:

I WANT TICKETS
Anyone know how to get tickets?

*Edit: Answered my own question:

https://dickiesarena.com/event/lone-star-showdown/

Tickets will go on sale at a later date!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.