Texas A&M vs Texas - Fort Worth, December 8th

12,592 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by brandontyler
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just announced.

The Texas A&M University Aggies and the University of Texas Longhorns men's basketball programs are set to renew their in-state rivalry at Dickies Arena on Sunday, Dec. 8.

LawHall88
AG
Quote:

"I've seen the Texas A&M-Texas rivalry first-hand, so I know how important this game is to our players, coaches and fans," new Texas A&M head coach Buzz Williams said in a statement.
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2019/06/14/texas-texas-am-play-nonconference-mens-basketball-game-2019
monarch
S
I WANT TICKETS
Peace for Ukraine!
bobinator
AG
Excellent. Would prefer this closer to home but with that being a new venue in Texas it should be cool.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cry baby sips had to have a neutral site game because we couldn't get the first home game. God, they are insufferable.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Needs to be every year and needs to be important and marketed so kids want to play in it
Frok
AG
Good stuff because college basketball in December is typically pretty boring.
miller0926
AG
Hopefully it's not like our neutral games in Houston and they actually set aside allocated sections for season ticket holders for this.

With that said, I don't understand why we wouldn't agree to play next year in Austin. We have Oregon St and Gonzaga coming to Reed, and 3 neutral games in Orlando. We cancelled the BC road trip. Who are we going to play on the road this year in non-conference?
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Meh
DD88
AG

Remembering 'The Shot'

EDIT: Replaced doctored image
Topher17
AG
It is a good start and it'll be a lot of fun. Hopefully it leads to a yearly contest alternating home and home.
JJxvi
AG
Excellent
Tobias Funke
AG
That fake ***** still kills me
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
DD88 said:

Remembering 'The Shot'

Flagged for male nudity
West Point Aggie
AG
This news will spawn at LEAST half a dozen "news" articles about renewing the football rivalry and why can't it happen if basketball and baseball do it and blah blah blah blah...

SMidgett87
AG
Not happy about it being at a neutral site. Play 1 in Aggieland and 1 in Austin. Reward the season ticket holders and the students! Of course, the sips didn't want us to have the first home game in the agreement...
miller0926
AG
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Texas basketball season ticket holders probably have football season tickets. Gonna go out on another limb and say the sip students that go to the basketball games most likely go to the football games too....

Well guess what, you'll most likely have all of them in DFW that weekend for the Big 12 Championship game. If you want the least amount of fans and worst atmosphere for a road game, this would've been a GREAT time to play in Austin IMO.
AgGrad99
AG
Junkhead said:

Cry baby sips had to have a neutral site game because we couldn't get the first home game. God, they are insufferable.
So ridiculous and petty of them.

AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

Well guess what, you'll most likely have all of them in DFW that weekend for the Big 12 Championship game.
I'm not sure it's likely that texas is in Dallas for the B12 championship game...
miller0926
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Quote:

Well guess what, you'll most likely have all of them in DFW that weekend for the Big 12 Championship game.
I'm not sure it's likely that texas is in Dallas for the B12 championship game...

Take off your maroon shades. It's pretty likely.
AgGrad99
AG
I dont have maroon shades on.

It's OU and then someone else. I dont buy the texas hype. They lost a ton of production, and lost the best players off an already terrible defense.
expresswrittenconsent
Junkhead said:

If it's only their fault and not both sides being *****es, then why arent we playing in Austin next year?
This should be on the campuses, just like baseball. Neither fan base melted when their baseball team lost to the old rivals.
djktamu
AG
Texas does have a tough break in the schedule, having to go to Iowa State. It'll be Iowa State or Texas playing OU in the B12 Championship.
TXAggie2011
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Junkhead said:

If it's only their fault and not both sides being *****es, then why arent we playing in Austin next year?
This should be on the campuses, just like baseball. Neither fan base melted when their baseball team lost to the old rivals.
Exactly. If the first home game isn't a "thing" for Texas A&M, then let it be played in Austin. Don't cut the nose off to spite the face.

Of course, the powers that be at Texas A&M are just as capable of being little *****es as anyone else.
Bucketrunner
Doesn't sound interesting
Broncos
Same day Broncos play in Houston.
bobinator
AG
I assume the venue offered us some cash or something to play it there. The Dickie's Arena is opening in November so they're probably shelling out some money to get some marquee events.

But all of this 'which campus' stuff is dumb. If our folks and their folks agree we want to start playing each year, then flip a coin on who hosts first. I don't give a **** if we have to go to Austin first.
Gap
AG
So not home and home but at a neutral site that Texas expects to have a ton of fans at due to the Big 12 championship. Did we get duped? This game could have been any day during the non-conference months and it just happens to be this one.
miller0926
AG
Gap said:

So not home and home but at a neutral site that Texas expects to have a ton of fans at due to the Big 12 championship. Did we get duped? This game could have been any day during the non-conference months and it just happens to be this one.

We did. And we HAVE to play a road or neutral game the next weekend because of graduations at Reed.
Know Your Enemy
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Junkhead said:

Exactly. If the first home game isn't a "thing" for Texas A&M, then let it be played in Austin. Don't cut the nose off to spite the face.

Of course, the powers that be at Texas A&M are just as capable of being little *****es as anyone else.
Because their new arena opens in 2020 and they want to play the game there.
miller0926
AG
Junkhead said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Junkhead said:

Because their new arena opens in 2020 and they want to play the game there.
Exactly. Wouldn't it be better for us to play there in the last year of their crappy, oversized arena??
bobinator
AG
I'm certain the folks in our athletic department realized the situation, so I doubt we were 'duped.'
TXAggie2011
AG
Everything I've ever read states the new arena will open in 2021, not 2020. Maybe I missed something new.
Rongagin71
AG
miller0926 said:

Gap said:

We did. And we HAVE to play a road or neutral game the next weekend because of graduations at Reed.
Let me guess, the refs doing the Big12 playoffs will also do our game?
Wonder if the sips already have a favorite ref picked out?
Know Your Enemy
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Everything I've ever read states the new arena will open in 2021, not 2020. Maybe I missed something new.
You should read this site called TexAgs. They have all kinds of information on there.

Aggies, Longhorns to renew basketball rivalry on December 8 in Fort Worth

Quote:

The original idea was a home-and-home contract with the Aggies hosting the 2019 game at Reed Arena followed by a 2020 game in Austin to open the Longhorns' new facility. However, decision-makers in Austin didn't want A&M to get the first home game, and that proposal wasn't approved.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.