Buzz at TABC Clinic

7,919 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by LawHall88
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Btw... Twitter is blowing up with Texas HS coaches mentioning how great Buzz is for doing this talk at 6 a.m.

GrayMatter
AG
NIce! It looks like Buzz is representing us well!
The conversations will be uncomfortable, but we all have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable for progress to be made.
Duck Sausage
AG
Came here to post the same thing. Clearly he's already making an impact. Hope it helps us recruit Texas. Here's a few more.

LawHall88
AG
BMOC86
AG
heard he killed it
expresswrittenconsent
Pretty cool.
Know Your Enemy
wacarnolds
AG
Buzz
miller0926
txag72
AG
Energy.
bkdag
S
Genuinely excited for Aggie Basketball!
mikesyracuse1
Very Passionate Coach!

Mikesyracuse1
BoozingAg
"Ain't like it used to be"
AggieEyes
AG
We're fortunate he's here.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I wonder who has the most 5 at 5s
AgEfan
I love that he is so well liked. I think his story is relatable to these coaches.
agent-maroon
AG
AgEfan said:

I love that he is so well liked. I think his story is relatable to these coaches.
His story is a dream that every one of those coaches have shared at some point in their careers. Step 1 to owning the in-state recruiting wars looks to be an unqualified success.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jeremy
AG
Saw Turgeon at the TABC right after he was hired. Huge flop! Awkwardly unprepared, and no energy.

So glad we have Buzz!!
CDub06
AG
Coach really prioritizes investing in people.
halfastros81
AG
As best I can tell we hit a home run with Buzz. I know .... zero games coached here so far but if you can win big at Va Tech in hoops....

He's not going to get out worked.
halfastros81
AG
Turgeon was a decent coach but he never impressed me . His recruiting was lackluster and he whined a fair bit.

I wasn't all that disappointed when he left
DukeMu
rlb28 said:

Btw... Twitter is blowing up with Texas HS coaches mentioning how great Buzz is for doing this talk at 6 a.m.

Buzz was born for this.

It's going to be a great year.
DukeMu
jeremy said:

Saw Turgeon at the TABC right after he was hired. Huge flop! Awkwardly unprepared, and no energy.

So glad we have Buzz!!

We next hired the only coach with less energy than Turge.

TG now for Buzz.
Captain Pablo
AG
Whew. Thought it was an MIP or something
Aston04
AG
DukeMu said:

jeremy said:

So glad we have Buzz!!

We next hired the only coach with less energy than Turge.

TG now for Buzz.
the story goes the day bk was hired by a&m- he did a speech and midway through the speech he asked if he was done yet.. Or something to that effect...
PhatMack19
AG
He's teaching them baseball? Maybe he could work with our hitters before the Regional this weekend?

Legal Custodian
AG
One of my good friends is a HS Basketball coach for a small school in the DFW area. He was at that 6am class for the TABC, and said Buzz absolutely killed it. Said it was one of the best he's heard and was incredibly impressed. My friend is a TCU grad, so he definitely doesn't have maroon colored glasses. He remembered a lot of his quotes, for instance (paraphrasing):

"I'm not a coach of basketball, I coach the mind."
"My assistants coach basketball, my assistant called that play in the Duke game. I was talking to the ref to look at the time. I didn't know what play was called. It was a good ****ing play though."
"I don't ****ing like coaches conferences. When TABC called me to see if I can come, I figured I probably should since I'm a coach in Texas now. But after I agreed I told them I wouldn't come unless I got the 6am class. Because out of the 400 coaches here, the 50 here are the ones that want to actually get ****ing better. The rest are out there partying till late in the night. I talk again at 10:30 and I'll probably only talk for 30 minutes, but you guys that are here, I'll talk for as long as you want."
"If I were you I'd use as many resources as possible. For instance, I've not gotten one phone call or email from any of the coaches in Van Alstyne. Not to toot my own horn, but if I was them I would want to maybe talk to a hometown kid who is now coaching D1 basketball. And I would, but I haven't heard a ****ing thing from them. I say that to say this, use your resources and contacts to get better."

Buzz apparently likes to cuss, according to my friend. He also said he talked for about 2hrs and every coach was just enthralled with him. My buddy took 20+ pages of notes. He said he absolutely earned a fan that day. I've been around him a couple more times and he's telling that story to a lot of different people. There are a lot new A&M basketball fans because of that coaches conference.
wacarnolds
AG
Thanks for sharing, LC.

Buzz is going to be a great representative of our program and our university.
Captain Pablo
AG
So the other 350 coaches are pissed because he dissed them

Great

Frozen Concoction
We got the baseball talk at the Father-Son camp this weekend. It was about a misplayed foul ball in the CWS final last year that could have clinched things for Arkansas. I can see how coaches would relate to it. My take away is that Buzz doesn't buy the Moneyball school of thought. That's probably the mentality you have to have as a collegiate or HS coach, though.
LawHall88
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.