National Letter of Intent signing concludes on Wed, May 15

3,774 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AgEfan
aggiejohn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FYI - the National Letter of Intent spring signing period concludes in a week on Wednesday, May 15.

I believe this only applies to Freshman/JCs signing NLIs, and doesn't pertain to graduate or standard transfers.

I suspect any prospective freshman/JC recruits (such as the recently-offered post Jalen Thomas) will probably visit this weekend.
TXAggie2011
AG
FWIW, you don't have to sign a NLI, and kids could, if for some reason wanted to, keep waiting to make a decision.

But yeah, I do think there will be pressure to hurry up and make decisions, especially from coaches who are telling kids they need to know or their spot is going to be wide open.
aggiejohn
AG
The AD still hasn't put anything public out there regarding the five recruits.

What are the chances we see an official release from the SID tomorrow or the day after?
LawHall88
AG
Looks like McNeily signed.
greg.w.h
AG
To be honest: while we might want to know, we only need to know who shows up in the fall. With the new one and done planned by the 2022 draft it won't matter until the fall anyway and either they'll be releasable because of pro contract or the NLI period will extend to July 15.

I'm not sure there is even a rationale for a closing date.
basic8
The NLI deadline date deadline probably becoming obsolete. It only binds the player. The Scholarship Agreement, which can be signed anytime (but must accompany an NLI) binds the school. So basically players with leverage need no NLI. Just show up and enroll with the scholarship agreement.

Signing day use to be a big deal. Not so much these days.
Method Man
Alot of players don't have leverage.
basic8
Method Man said:

Alot of players don't have leverage.
Certainly. Probably most.
greg.w.h
AG
Sure: the closing date is effectively sign or lose deadline in that case?
Method Man
Sorry guys. We spent all our money in Buzz and Bk's buyout. No support staff and people to handle commitment signings.
AgEfan
Apparently they all have signed
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.