Gilder to Gonzaga

9,913 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AgsNguyen
MarcAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LawHall88
AG
agtrevino07
AG
Good for admon. I think that was the best spot for him in terms of showcasing and developing his skills.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Hopefully we kick his ass next year.
Leander - Ag
AG
Don't we play them this year?
CDub06
AG
Leander - Ag said:

Yes. Our prayers to see Admon in Reed Arena this year have been answered.
OldAg68
AG
Really sorry to see Admon go. I got a great post-game picture of him w/ my grandson. Very gracious guy.

I wish him the best.

I wonder if loyalty to BK enters into any of these decisions for current players and recruits who have backed out.
PatAg
AG
OldAg68 said:

Really sorry to see Admon go. I got a great post-game picture of him w/ my grandson. Very gracious guy.

I wish him the best.

I wonder if loyalty to BK enters into any of these decisions for current players and recruits who have backed out.
Players commit to a coach, not a school, so for recruits it definitely does.

For Gilder, it's probably smarter for him to go to a better team in his last year to play.
sincereag
And so much for the "he wanted to be closer to home rumors". Gonzaga is about as far as you can get from Dallas.
Topher17
AG
sincereag said:

And so much for the "he wanted to be closer to home rumors". Gonzaga is about as far as you can get from Dallas.

Was that ever an actual rumor? It's hard to get closer to Dallas than A&M and still be at a high major, unless you go to TCU and they weren't really in the conversation.
Tobias Funke
AG
I love when people say that players commit to a coach and not a school. Sure, that's the case with some, but there are just as many who love the school and want to go there. Not sure how that false perspective got so popular.
wacarnolds
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Not sure how that false perspective got so popular.

We had 4 guys decommit when we fired Kennedy.

Maybe we were unlucky and found the 4 kids in 2019 who committed to the coach and not the school... Or maybe it's not a false perspective
MarcAg
AG
wacarnolds said:

Tobias Funke said:

Maybe we were unlucky and found the 4 kids in 2019 who committed to the coach and not the school... Or maybe it's not a false perspective

So you think Buzz wanted all those kids and couldn't keep them?
wacarnolds
AG
MarcAg said:

wacarnolds said:

Tobias Funke said:

So you think Buzz wanted all those kids and couldn't keep them?

I don't know what Buzz thought of each individual player
expresswrittenconsent
Tobias Funke said:

I love when people say that players commit to a coach and not a school. Sure, that's the case with some, but there are just as many who love the school and want to go there. Not sure how that false perspective got so popular.

Good use of stats to prove your point. Specifically "some" and "just as many".
tehmackdaddy
AG
CDub06 said:

Leander - Ag said:

Yes. Our prayers to see Admon in Reed Arena this year have been answered.

"Be careful what you wish for," God said with a laugh.
TyperWoods
Wishing all the best for Admon.

Thanks for your time in Aggieland Admon.
Tobias Funke
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Tobias Funke said:

It's common sense. If facts and stats are important to you, go ahead and share some some examples and percentages of student athletes who are quoted saying "I am transferring because the coach left". I'll wait.
ccrouch001
AG
Good for Admon but I am totally heartbroken he won't be playing his last season in Reed.
94chem
After I spent 4 years at A&M, I went to a different school. Now I have 2 degrees and a network from both places. Why should it be different for basketball players?
steffekc
AG
Good memories, one of my favorites Ags! He gave his all.
expresswrittenconsent
Tobias Funke said:

Tobias Funke said:

It's common sense. If facts and stats are important to you, go ahead and share some some examples and percentages of student athletes who are quoted saying "I am transferring because the coach left". I'll wait.

It's on you, not me to provide facts backing up the BS that you spout. You claim something widely believed is a false narrative but offer nothing. Kinda seems like you made it up.
EliteZags
AG
early in Admon's 2nd season I made a comment somewhere on here comparing him to a high profile transfer Gonzaga was getting from UW Nigel Williams-Goss who had a very similar frame and playing style which at the time was more developed offensively, saying Admon could eventually evolve into that type of impact player.
Goss went on to have an All American season leading the Zags the NC game within a bucket of winning it all, then drafted 2nd rd.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Looks like he played in Europe last year and just signed a 3-yr deal with Olympiacos.
jojo2002
AG
steffekc said:

Good memories, one of my favorites Ags! He gave his all.

Except his last season.... just kidding. I think he is a great player/kid and hope he has a great Sr year for the zags. Just wish it had been for us.
Wicked Good Ag
Glad to see the men's board much better than the women's board was when Williams and Howard left

CDub06
AG
That was a very different situation IMO.
txag72
AG
Quote:

So much for once an Ag always an Ag...which I've never felt was true. Nor do I feel this comment is true.

I'm at least glad to hear it wasn't an "anywhere but A&M situation" and a chance for big things for him.
expresswrittenconsent
Donkey on donkey violence. Timytam angry.
94chem

Donkey on donkey violence. Timytam angry.
I think I might need a Little Orphan Annie decoder ring or a Navajo chief to interpret this post.
The Collective
AG
Thanks Admon. I will never forget your game tying layup against UNI.
Know Your Enemy
AG
txag72 said:

Quote:

So much for once an Ag always an Ag...which I've never felt was true. Nor do I feel this comment is true.

I'm at least glad to hear it wasn't an "anywhere but A&M situation" and a chance for big things for him.
Admon will always be an Aggie. He has a degree from A&M and an Aggie ring.
greg.w.h
AG
He earned the graduate standing that is required for a no-sit transfer. We could do a lot worse than transfers like Anriel Howard, Danni Williams, and Admon Gilder graduating from our school. They all three represented us well.
Tango_Mike
txag72 said:

Quote:

What are you talking about? Lots of people graduate from A&M and then go to a different school later
NoahAg
How much will he actually play at Gonzaga?

I don't know anything about their returning starters.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.