Any chance that Buzz can convince Admon Gilder to stay at A&M?

17,265 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by greg.w.h
JaySugar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sort of like Billy Clyde did with Antoine Wright.
expresswrittenconsent
I would say Admon staying on the bench every game and staying part of the team for the entire season when he couldn't play and had already graduated is pretty good leadership and while I selfishly hope he returns to A&M for his 5th year let's not attack his character for choosing to graduate and play his final year somewhere else.
SA-AG72
AG
It elicited a typical response from you.
GE
AG
I really hope he does. Admon is my favorite Aggie player of the last few years. Easily the most well rounded two way player we have had since Caruso, and probably a better college player than Alex overall
C4D
AG
Would be great if he stays.
Isaih Smollett
Quote:

probably a better college player than Alex overall

Going to disagree and I don't think it's even close
Wicked Good Ag
Disagree as well. Caruso was better than any stats really say. He was like a coach on the floor at times. His shot developed later but that was because he knew which players to get involved.
gig them
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

He was like a coach on the floor at times.

Did he run crisp routes?
94chem
Caruso was an all-time great. He bothered me at times when he would hedge off his man and leave the defense vulnerable to ball rotation and open 3's, but he made up for it with his steals.
Triple-T
AG
Always saw him with a lunch-pail.
Method Man
94chem said:

Caruso was an all-time great. He bothered me at times when he would hedge off his man and leave the defense vulnerable to ball rotation and open 3's, but he made up for it with his steals.

Pretty sure since everyone else does it that's how he was coached to play.
greg.w.h
AG
I would love for Admon to return. But I respect his choice because he earned the right to make it by completing his degree. That's why we sponsor intercollegiate athletics.
Know Your Enemy
AG
To me the longer this goes the better chance Admon stays. Or at least that's what I like to believe.
CaptainWoodrowFCall
AG
Gilder has been in a lot of wars for us and earned his stripes. The selfish me wants him back but its whats best for him. I know Buzz could really put a bow on his college career but understand if he thinks his time is done here. Thanks Admon
85AustinAg
AG
Being in the portal doesn't mean you have to transfer - correct?
Know Your Enemy
AG
85AustinAg said:

Being in the portal doesn't mean you have to transfer - correct?

Correct
Captain Pablo
AG
I get what y'al are saying, but while I want him to stay, I understand and respect his decision if he leaves, because he's earned that right and he's as good as Caruso but maybe not quite
Belton Ag
AG
I don't why some of you keep saying it's selfish that you want Admon to stay. I think a decent argument can be made that Admon would actually benefit by staying at A&M and playing in Buzz' guard oriented system. I think he could thrive here in his last year

It's not as if I'd hold a grudge or anything if he leaves, that would be selfish, but I'm not afraid to say it could be mutually beneficial for the program, fans AND Admon if he stayed at A&M.
greg.w.h
AG
If Admon stays and is healthy, he has a chance to lead us deep into the tournament especially if Buzz reels in the talent that's showing interest. It will be a meaningful memory for him to do that. But it's risky: could get injured and a bit of a hill to climb to get the talent and get the team playing together.

I would do it because I think he has the personal temperament when he's ready to coach and after watching the last year benefits from seeing a coach come in that focuses on process and particulars in a different way than Kennedy.

But very much his choice. If he does come back I hope it is to a full Reed.
DukeMu
greg.w.h said:

If Admon stays and is healthy, he has a chance to lead us deep into the tournament especially if Buzz reels in the talent that's showing interest. It will be a meaningful memory for him to do that. But it's risky: could get injured and a bit of a hill to climb to get the talent and get the team playing together.

I would do it because I think he has the personal temperament when he's ready to coach and after watching the last year benefits from seeing a coach come in that focuses on process and particulars in a different way than Kennedy.

But very much his choice. If he does come back I hope it is to a full Reed.

Come back Admon!

Working with Buzz for a year gives Admon a better chance at the NBA.

Starks and Mitchell are combo guards, as is Admon. If he can demonstrate that he can play M2M defense and can function as a triple threat combo guard, he will be of some use in the NBA as a back-up PG, play and get paid. This has really worked for Quinn Cook, who was a combo guard on the 2015 NC team. Now he gets minutes for the Warriors.

Admon has the build and quickness to be an NBA defender. He is athletic enough. His 3FG shot is pretty good, and he's elusive in driving the ball.

bmoore52
Maybe if there were fans in the stands! Why would he stay for a mediocre fan base?
Aston04
AG
bmoore52 said:

Maybe if there were fans in the stands! Why would he stay for a mediocre fan base?
Our fanbase was looking a lot better under BCG. Let's see what happens again when we have a coach that can energize the base.
txag72
AG
Can you imagine the ovation Admon would get when announced on the starting team? Makes "a thrill go up my leg" just thinking about it. He'd put butts in the seats by himself and you can't say that about many individual college players. I've said he was the best player of that class he came in with since they were recruited. No doubt now. Just a shame about his health issue and this dilemma.
Wicked Good Ag
txag72 said:

Can you imagine the ovation Admon would get when announced on the starting team? Makes "a thrill go up my leg" just thinking about it. He'd put butts in the seats by himself and you can't say that about many individual college players. I've said he was the best player of that class he came in with since they were recruited. No doubt now. Just a shame about his health issue and this dilemma.

I don't think that Admin Gilder alone will put butts in seats by staying. I like his game but the product on the floor after the first couple of games and Gonzaga will dictate attendance
txag72
AG
Well, the element he would bring to this team with so little experience together combined with the amount of talent he would have around him would be worth a ticket. Gilder has always been the glue to whatever talent was on the floor. My butt would be one.

P.S. What per cent of students (who are the key to good attendance) have ever heard of Gonzaga? We just need a strong, competitive, fired up team. The opponents aren't going to bring students in now that we are SEC. That will come too though. It has with me.
86 Tex Ag
AG
Admon Gilder in the NBA? Ha! You guys crack me up.
Tobias Funke
AG
Quote:

Makes "a thrill go up my leg" just thinking about it

Reported
txag72
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Makes "a thrill go up my leg" just thinking about it

Reported

Someone tell me you guys know where that quote came from.
CactusThomas
AG
86 Tex Ag said:

________ in the NBA? Ha! You guys crack me up.

Kris Middleton
DeAndre Jordan
Danuel House
Alex Caruso

Admon Gilder
greg.w.h
AG
I won't count anyone out who puts the work in.
Deputy Travis Junior
86 Tex Ag said:

He's got nba size (for a guard), is athletic enough, shoots the 3 well, and is a smart, tenacious defender. If the medical issues truly aren't a problem, Gilder as a 3rd string guard isn't at all ridiculous. HIs skill set reminds me of Cory Joseph's.
Bunk Moreland
agtrevino07
AG
Gonzaga will be awesome in terms of how he can flourish in the WCC and then showcase his ability in March. I am not a big fan of transferring to in-state "rivals" but I understand he is considering them because of his daughter.
Tavares19
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

86 Tex Ag said:

He's got nba size (for a guard), is athletic enough, shoots the 3 well, and is a smart, tenacious defender. If the medical issues truly aren't a problem, Gilder as a 3rd string guard isn't at all ridiculous. HIs skill set reminds me of Cory Joseph's.
He is absolutely nothing like Cory Joseph. Joseph is a primary ball handler. Admon is not. Admon is an outstanding complimentary type guard that can shoot, defend, and create when the opportunity presents itself, but prefers to stay off ball and play off of screens. If he were an inch or two taller he would be Wesley Matthews 2.0. Their games are the exact same.
BQ_90
AG
If he's looking at the sips, frogs, or mustangs, doesn't look like he wants to play for Buzz
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.