Here are some interesting transfers

17,434 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rlb28
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting to me, that's all. Not suggesting anything.

Jayce Johnson, 7'0, Utah - averaged 7 ppg, 7 reb. Marquette

Jaylen Fisher, 6'2, TCU - has been hurt. Stud when healthy. Has entered name into NBA draft pool

Landers Nolley, 6'7 Virginia Tech - Nolley, who was the top recruit in Virginia Tech's 2018 class, enrolled at Virginia Tech ahead of the 2018-19 season but due to a reported ACT score, the former 247Sports Composite four-star recruit has yet to be cleared by the NCAA. Staying at Va Tech

JoJo Anderson, 6'3, Nevada - Played at Northern Arizona out of Yates HS. Sat out this year after transferring to Nevada. Back in the transfer portal. Eligible immediately. Albany

Wabissa Bede, 6'1, Virginia Tech - Played 25 mintues per game and started 26 games for Buzz Williams. back to Va. Tech

Neftali Alvarez, 6;2, Fairfield - former 3* player from Miami Christian. Started all 30 games as true freshman. Headed to Mercer.

Jared Bynum, 5'10, St. Josephs - former 4* Starter in every game... Team's leader in assists (4.4) and third leading scorer with 11.3 points per game. Headed to Providence.

Chris Clarke, 6'6, Virginia Tech - three-year contributor for Buzz Williams. However, in late Oct. 2018, Clarke was suspended for an unspecified reason. He never returned for the Hokies. Texas Tech

Evan Gilyard, Soph, 6'0, UTEP - 13.6 ppg led the team. New Mexico State.

Amauri Hardy, Soph, 6'2, UNLV - Second on team in scoring 13.1, former 3.5* Staying at UNLV

DJ Harvey, Soph, 6'5, Notre Dame - Former 4*, Promising freshman season was cut short by a knee injury suffered in the first half of the home game with Louisville (1/16/18). Vanderbilt

Max Hazzard, Junior, 5'10, Uc-Irvine, led team with 12.5 ppg, and NCAA tourney win. Headed to Arizona.

TJ Holyfield, Grad, 6'8, SFA, hurt this year; averaged 13 ppg, 6 reb as a junior. Southland Conference All-Defensive Team...Southland Conference Tournament MVP as jr. Texas Tech.

Jaedon Ledee, Fresh, 6'8, Ohio State - High school at Houston Kinkaid, 3 ppg, 2 reb. played in 26 games, making two starts. Headed to TCU.

Anthony Mack, Redshirt Freshman, 6'6, Miami. Transferred to Miami from Wyoming. At Miami, Played in 28 games, including seven starts.

Darius McNeill, Fr, 6'3, Cal - High School at Houston Westfield. Set the Cal freshman three-point record with 67 three-pointers. Third on team with 11 ppg. Headed to SMU

Matt Ryan, Redshirt JR, 6'7, Vanderbilt. Averaged 8 ppg. Started 25 games. Former 3.5* Chattanooga

Keith Stone, Redshirt JR, 6;8, Florida. Torn ACL after 18 games. 6 ppg, 4 reb before injury. Headed to Miami

Justice Sueing, Soph, 6'7, Cal. Led team with 14 ppg, 6 reb. Former 4* from Mater Dei. Ohio State

Michael Weathers, Soph, 6'2, Okie State. Averaged 9 ppg in 16 games before being dismissed for team rules.

Eric Williams, Soph, 6'5, Duquense. Led team with 14 ppg. 7.6 reb. Headed to Oregon

Haanif Cheatam, Redshirt Jr, 6'5, Florida Gulf Coast. 13 ppg, 5 reb. Transferred to FGCU from Marquette. Headed to Nebraska.

Rayjon Tucker, a 6-5 guard/forward, was UALR's leading scorer at 20.3 points per game and led the Sun Belt Conference with 36.6 minutes played per game last season, his only year as a Trojan. Memphis

Braden Norris, Freshman, 6'0, Oakland, 8.4 ppg, 5.2 assists; 48% from 3. Loyola Chicago

Duck Sausage
AG
Good stuff. Interesting for sure. Thanks.
Pumpkinhead
AG
I know Landers Nolley may look interesting since of course he is transferring from Virginia Tech, but him still not having being cleared yet by the NCAA is a red flag. Some posters on V-Tech's board seemed to have the opinion that Nolley was likely going to transfer regardless of whether Buzz had stayed or not.
rlb28
AG
Jake Toolson, 6'5, Redshirt Junior, Utah Valley State, 16 ppg, 4 reb, 2 asst. and 44% from 3... started all 33 games. Transferred from BYU.
phorizt
The kid from Ark LR is a bigtime stud. Didnt see him on your list.
rlb28
AG
phorizt said:

The kid from Ark LR is a bigtime stud. Didnt see him on your list.
edited. Yep, stud.
MMantle
AG
I've seen both Toolson and Gilyard in NMSU Pan Am center, both can play.

RR
Hop
Staff
AG
A&M recruited LeDee so I saw him play several times, and I wasn't overly impressed. Surprised that Ohio State took him.
ghostofthebanned
a lot of talent on that list....rayjon tucker definitely stands out
rlb28
AG
Hop said:

A&M recruited LeDee so I saw him play several times, and I wasn't overly impressed. Surprised that Ohio State took him.
completely agree. I saw him too and thought he was just physically bigger than HS kids and dominated at 6'8.

On another note, I am surprised that College Park/Kansas guard Quentin Grimes declared for the draft.
Method Man
Yep. Him not living up to expectations is a big reason why ku wasnt ku this season.
LawHall88
AG
I imagine these guys will stay somewhere in the Midwest, but they are both big time players.
TopoTacos
AG
Shocked that they are transferring, Marquette would've been loaded coming into this year with Howard returning.
PLUM LOCO
AG
MU would have been Top 10 next year.

Buzz 'em to CS. If I am not mistaken Buzz recruited them at MU.
wacarnolds
AG
PLUM LOCO said:

MU would have been Top 10 next year.

Buzz 'em to CS. If I am not mistaken Buzz recruited them at MU.

Buzz left Marquette in March 2014. Sam committed 14 months later and his brother Joey committed 3 years later.
wacarnolds
AG
e.busche said:

Shocked that they are transferring, Marquette would've been loaded coming into this year with Howard returning.

And neither would be eligible to play next year so it makes it even more puzzling.
txag72
AG
I'd take Jaylen Fisher just to try to get even on the ARob debacle.
pinche gringo
AG
Get this guy

wacarnolds
AG
rlb28
AG
Darius McNeill to SMU
rlb28
AG
FYI...

Total 2019 Transfers To Date: 704
Total 2018 Transfers: 878
wacarnolds
AG
rlb28 said:

Darius McNeill to SMU

SMU has taken quite the nosedive since Jankovich took over for Larry Brown. Wonder if they turn it back around.
rlb28
AG
I think so. Jankovich is a decent coach. McNeill is the real deal. I forgot Isaiah Jasey transferred there, too.
rlb28
AG
monarch
S
Get the Mater Dei kid ****
Peace for Ukraine!
rlb28
AG
Add Elijah Mitrou-Long to the transfer list. Bio

Started nine games for the whorns.
Method Man
Great thread
HUDAT361
What about blackshear
MarcAg
AG
HUDAT361 said:

What about blackshear

You won't hear anything on him for a couple more weeks as he goes through the draft process and decides if he wants to come back to college.
rlb28
AG
Big run on transfers last night. Biggest ones were DJ Harvey from Notre Dame to Vanderbilt and Jayce Johnson from Utah to Marquette.

FYI...

Total 2019 Transfers To Date: 803
Total 2018 Transfers: 878
King Koda
AG
VJ Bailey from Oregon (one time recruit of ours) is transferring as well. I'm not sure if we have any interest.
rlb28
AG
idk, he has nothing on his twitter page since March
King Koda
AG
https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/04/oregon-guard-victor-bailey-jr-enters-transfer-portal.html
rlb28
AG
https://texags.com/forums/7/topics/3032791
Con Spirito
Rayjon Tucker (UALR) to Memphis (if not the NBA Draft)
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.